• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN021: Convey the Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
REALLY hoping for Sobble. Its anime debut is LONG overdue.

Plus, this puts me in the minority, but I DON'T want Ash to get Riolu/Lucario. I prefer they go to guest characters, preferably special ones (though fornicate Cameron)

Then again, I never wanted him to have Dragonite or Gengar either, so... -_-
Why would you be against Ash getting a Riolu from the egg especially given that Ash has been teased repeatedly to have a connection to aura especially within the DP anime? Given that, Riolu would be the perfect team member for that plot point to come full circle.

My money is on Riolu. They've already given Ash a fan favorite in Gengar as well as the OG pseudo-legendary; him getting a Lucario wouldn't seem outlandish given the precedent that's been established.

The fact that it hatched from an Egg as a Riolu will also be their excuse to fully evolve it seven episodes later.

The colour's clearly different. Lighting doesn’t convert a deep purple into light blue on objects.
The pattern and color still resemble the 10 km Egg most out of all the GO Egg designs, which we even already saw briefly in Professor Sakuragi's presentation in episode 2.

EUGRA3aWoAAudXi

The resemblance with the scan is uncanny, if you ask me.

The pattern and color still resemble the 10 km Egg most out of all the GO Egg designs, which we even already saw briefly in Professor Sakuragi's presentation in episode 2.

EUGRA3aWoAAudXi

The resemblance with the scan is uncanny, if you ask me.
The egg is based on Pokémon Go, but the egg selection of 2/5/10km cannot be used since the egg doesn’t match any of the Pokémon Go colours, I never said that the scheme wasn’t based on Pokémon Go, but rather the colour doesn’t match any of them.

The 10km egg here is a deeper purple while the one on scan is light blue, lighting doesn’t tend to change colours more drastically like this.

The 10km egg here is a deeper purple while the one on scan is light blue, lighting doesn’t tend to change colours more drastically like this.

It could just simply be a combination, with the blue coloring matching the Pokemon but most closely related to purple.

I mean look at the other eggs shown. It's not close to orange or pistachio green.

So it could just be a subtle nod to the 10km egg in what the Pokemon is (Riolu) but with the colors more associated with Riolu (blue coloring) than purple. It doesn't need to be an exact duplicate to be a reference, because I don't think they want to completely ignore the anime only design eggs, but they actually want to try and not have it be super obvious.

Though personally I'm not sure why they opted to make the egg design more of a "surprise" and more "Generic" I hated the fact that most eggs were generic, but here's this Manaphy egg, not sure why they opted to be more generic than specific design, but I guess they really want to keep the Pokemon a surprise until they reveal it.

We've had the GO Egg designs established for the animeverse in episode 2. And that definitely looks like a 10 km Egg.
Please read that again, I never said they weren’t based on Go. The colours are just too wrong and non specific to determine the km ranges. Ash's egg isn’t same in colour as the 10km egg.

They are loosely based on Pokémon Go's design and concept, and the choice was made to keep the Pokémon inside a suspense- this is my point. There can be two reasons for a decision instead of just one.

Considering Lucario was voted second for Pokémon of the Year event, and considering Ash owns other top two Pokémon of top three, Lucario wouldn't be that random of a choice.
The episode was made months before the poll was a thing... and Mimikyu is the second spot, which Ash didn’t get, so the thing was wrong to begin with...

Please read that again, I never said they weren’t based on Go. The colours are just too wrong and non specific to determine the km ranges. Ash's egg isn’t same in colour as the 10km egg.

They are loosely based on Pokémon Go's design and concept, and the choice was made to keep the Pokémon inside a suspense- this is my point. There can be two reasons for a decision instead of just one.
You make it sound like it looks totally different from the GO Egg design, when it's really just a question of slight color/shade change.

You make it sound like it looks totally different from the GO Egg design, when it's really just a question of slight color/shade change.
In literally each one of my post (you can go and check, and feel free to quote any that says otherwise)I’ve never said anything beyond a difference in the shade and have even said that the design is based on Go.

The Same Magazine called Noivern "Strong and Reliable" and Alola Companions "Definitely Skilled". The people who write the Magazine don't even watch the show most likely. They just have to write it in a way it hypes up viewers.

tbh, they had the reliable part for Noivern right. He was reliable, since you knew for certain he would faint without taking a win.

One only gets a true birthday episode every few years and this time... Satoshi is going to be handed an egg of my most hated line of shill-mons :bulbaFacepalm:

Oh well, at least they're celebrating Megumi's birthday in style tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom