• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN021: Convey the Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn’t even been born and there’s already merch about its evolution? Now that feels like overkill.

Get used to it 'cause this **** is gonna last at least 3 years - maybe even longer if this saga has a different expiration date compared to past sagas.

But please y'all, continue trying to convince me that the producers & executives don't have a Lucario obsession.
YGhKiqF.gif

Get used to it 'cause this **** is gonna last at least 3 years - maybe even longer if this saga has a different expiration date compared to past sagas.

But please y'all, continue trying to convince me that the producers & executives don't have a Lucario obsession.
YGhKiqF.gif

Not that I want to do an entire list here.

But not only are there Pokemon that have had more trainers in the entire anime (canon and non canon to the main series), there's PLENTY of Pokemon that have had more appearances than Lucario.

The primary Pokemon that at the moment holds the most amount of trainers coupled with the most appearances, I have found so far is Eevee. Eevee has god knows how many trainers (in mid 20 to 30 range) and has shown up in at least more than 50 episodes.

Whereas Lucario with Ash would only have had 13 trainers and only 42 episodes (counting that one episode where Ash's Lucario will debut), so right now it's 12 trainers and only 41 episodes (and to be clear this includes non-canon anime Lucario, like if there was a Lucario in Twilight Wings for example).

Oh wow, I guess this means Ash's Riolu will evolve fast?

Certain merch points to a Riolu figuring being released in June, so I expect 8 episodes or maybe up to 15, could be less though.

But not only are there Pokemon that have had more trainers in the entire anime (canon and non canon to the main series), there's PLENTY of Pokemon that have had more appearances than Lucario.

The primary Pokemon that at the moment holds the most amount of trainers coupled with the most appearances, I have found so far is Eevee. Eevee has god knows how many trainers (in mid 20 to 30 range) and has shown up in at least more than 50 episodes.

Whereas Lucario with Ash would only have had 13 trainers and only 42 episodes (counting that one episode where Ash's Lucario will debut), so right now it's 12 trainers and only 41 episodes (and to be clear this includes non-canon anime Lucario, like if there was a Lucario in Twilight Wings for example).
That’s still LOTS more attention than the average Pokémon gets. No one said Lucario was the most oversaturated Pokémon.

That’s still LOTS more attention than the average Pokémon gets. No one said Lucario was the most oversaturated Pokémon.

Gengar was pretty much roughly tied with just about handful less episodes but the same amount of trainers. And the only real complaint was that it was a Kanto Pokemon not that we've seen it too many times before. Not sure why it relatively gets a free pass while Lucario doesn't. I mean I'm not saying for people to complain about Gengar, I just fail to see the point in complaining about Lucario.

I get that Lucario is a more powerful Pokemon inflicted heavily more bias than Gengar, but it's for that reason I don't think its fair to single out Lucario. I dislike people who "hate things" just because they don't want to conform to the majority, as if forcing yourself to be in the minority somehow makes you more unique, in situations where there's ONLY two choices. In this case liking Lucario or disliking Lucario. That kind of bias makes it hard to know who legitimately has problems with Lucario or its just bias because they don't want to conform to the majority and thus hate it for the sake of trying to be unique and different despite naturally failing when there's really only two options, two choices. you're not unique just because you choose to be part of the minority when uniqueness isn't a quality that can be had in certain contexts.

And on top of that, Lucario isn't a 1st generation Pokemon, and I find it hilarious (in an infuriating way) that people don't care about that by trying to say because its over saturated that it basically is a Kanto 1st generation Pokemon, and I'm like, wow you sure are reaching aren't you?

If you don't like Lucario, fine, if you don't like Ash, fine. It's all fine, it's just I fail to see why some Pokemon get relative free passes from similar criticisms to situations that other Pokemon don't get to have. And my issue is primarily about the "bias" of the situation not that Pokemon in of themselves get free passes or not, I literally don't care, it's just the clearly bias that makes it all weird. Like if it was your favorite Pokemon and your favorite character, like why wouldn't you give it a free pass? Sure, but how is that fair to other Pokemon that aren't your favorites (characters and Pokemon)?

Like with me, Phantump is my absolute favorite Pokemon, I love Phantump, and it will be hard to beat. I was pissed that the Shiny Phantump didn't have Ash bonding with Phantump, and it was more of a Bonnie focus episode, absolutely pissed me off, especially with Ash only having 5 Pokemon, the writers since 6th generation have had problems with Ash having a full team, and its quite annoying. And while I have a severe bias towards Phantump, I have to give up the fact that Ash will never catch it (barring a regional variant in a future generation). I can't see Ash getting a Phantump, even in this generation, because I don't know how they would even evolve it. And yes I'm more than fine with Trevenant, I just want Ash/Phantump bonding for quite a few seasons, but it was stupidly made a trade evolution, and I don't even know if Phantump/Trevenant would even fit with Ash in this new generation. And so I have to accept that my favorite Pokemon (barring regional variants) isn't going to be part of my favorite character's team (Ash, if Ash even exists into 9th generation anime and beyond).

My ultimate point I guess, is just let the writers do what they will. I guess if people want to complain or criticize, I guess whatever, but this just my opinion on the topic.

Gengar was pretty much roughly tied with just about handful less episodes but the same amount of trainers. And the only real complaint was that it was a Kanto Pokemon not that we've seen it too many times before. Not sure why it relatively gets a free pass while Lucario doesn't. I mean I'm not saying for people to complain about Gengar, I just fail to see the point in complaining about Lucario.

I get that Lucario is a more powerful Pokemon inflicted heavily more bias than Gengar, but it's for that reason I don't think its fair to single out Lucario. I dislike people who "hate things" just because they don't want to conform to the majority, as if forcing yourself to be in the minority somehow makes you more unique, in situations where there's ONLY two choices. In this case liking Lucario or disliking Lucario. That kind of bias makes it hard to know who legitimately has problems with Lucario or its just bias because they don't want to conform to the majority and thus hate it for the sake of trying to be unique and different despite naturally failing when there's really only two options, two choices. you're not unique just because you choose to be part of the minority when uniqueness isn't a quality that can be had in certain contexts.

And on top of that, Lucario isn't a 1st generation Pokemon, and I find it hilarious (in an infuriating way) that people don't care about that by trying to say because its over saturated that it basically is a Kanto 1st generation Pokemon, and I'm like, wow you sure are reaching aren't you?

If you don't like Lucario, fine, if you don't like Ash, fine. It's all fine, it's just I fail to see why some Pokemon get relative free passes from similar criticisms to situations that other Pokemon don't get to have. And my issue is primarily about the "bias" of the situation not that Pokemon in of themselves get free passes or not, I literally don't care, it's just the clearly bias that makes it all weird. Like if it was your favorite Pokemon and your favorite character, like why wouldn't you give it a free pass? Sure, but how is that fair to other Pokemon that aren't your favorites (characters and Pokemon)?

Like with me, Phantump is my absolute favorite Pokemon, I love Phantump, and it will be hard to beat. I was pissed that the Shiny Phantump didn't have Ash bonding with Phantump, and it was more of a Bonnie focus episode, absolutely pissed me off, especially with Ash only having 5 Pokemon, the writers since 6th generation have had problems with Ash having a full team, and its quite annoying. And while I have a severe bias towards Phantump, I have to give up the fact that Ash will never catch it (barring a regional variant in a future generation). I can't see Ash getting a Phantump, even in this generation, because I don't know how they would even evolve it. And yes I'm more than fine with Trevenant, I just want Ash/Phantump bonding for quite a few seasons, but it was stupidly made a trade evolution, and I don't even know if Phantump/Trevenant would even fit with Ash in this new generation. And so I have to accept that my favorite Pokemon (barring regional variants) isn't going to be part of my favorite character's team (Ash, if Ash even exists into 9th generation anime and beyond).

My ultimate point I guess, is just let the writers do what they will. I guess if people want to complain or criticize, I guess whatever, but this just my opinion on the topic.
You’re assuming an awful lot about people reading the post, not everyone is singling out Lucario, not everyone is letting Gengar pass. People criticised Gengar overexposure too.

People are bound to see Lucario overexposure when one major battle every series and a movie is done with it. No one is singling it out again, and your post sounds more like a personal rant, no offence.

You’re also assuming that everyone who dislikes Lucario is because if the minority/majority aspect. I don’tlike Lucario much, but I do like some "popular" Pokémon like Charizard.

You can’t make sweeping generalisations about people while talking to a single person.

Lucario isn't a 1st generation Pokemon, and I find it hilarious (in an infuriating way) that people don't care about that by trying to say because its over saturated that it basically is a Kanto 1st generation Pokemon
People are really saying Lucario is basically a 1st gen Pokémon?
The anti-Kanto bias sure is reaching new levels nowadays.

People are really saying Lucario is basically a 1st gen Pokémon?
The anti-Kanto bias sure is reaching new levels nowadays.
This is literally the first person I’ve seen saying Lucario is a first gen Pokémon on my entire time online. Popular highly advertised Pokémon, sure, but not related to Gen 1.

That's just some random part of some random merch. Suddenly bewildered at how everybody on Twitter thinks that is certainly proof. Some people really must be desperate for this Series to make up after the Terrible Starting Episodes.

That's just some random part of some random merch. Suddenly bewildered at how everybody on Twitter thinks that is certainly proof. Some people really must be desperate for this Series to make up after the Terrible Starting Episodes.
Riolu has been featured in a lot of merchandise constantly, and there’s that scan with what appears like Ash's Pokémon + Lucario, the egg is coloured similar to Lucario and Sobble and it has been flat out listed as a likely egg possibility in the magazine. It’s a 99% chance at this point.

Satoshi can have Riolu, Sobble should go to Koharu. That's all I'm gonna say about this development.

Satoshi can have Riolu, Sobble should go to Koharu. That's all I'm gonna say about this development.
I'd rather Ash get Sobble. I don't want one of my favorite Pokemon going to a character that isn't traveling alongside Ash and Go. I feel that Sobble would be wasted on a character like Koharu (unless she starts traveling with the boys, but I don't see that happening). Plus, I'd rather Ash be the one to help Sobble overcome everything. Sobble deserves a trainer like Ash.

I never said that Lucario is the most over-exposed Pokemon nor did I imply that. I've watched the anime since the beginning so I know that there have been certain Pokemon that have been shown more than Lucario, but even so nobody can seriously deny that Lucario is one of the most overrated Pokemon overall that has gotten so much screentime and development that it overshadows almost all other Pokemon.

And if people believe that Ash getting Riolu here and eventually evolving it into Lucario won't happen or that it won't become the most over-exposed Pokemon on Ash's team from now on bar Pikachu, then I dunno what to tell y'all. I wish I could live in a fantasy world where Lucario isn't shoved down our throats, but alas.

And I'm not going to bother reading a whole rebuttal essay.

Last edited:
unless she starts traveling with the boys, but I don't see that happening
* Seen traveling around the world (behind the boys) in the opening.
* Had a whole episode about her doubts in training pokémon.
* Questioned Satoshi about pokémon battles.
* Asked by Satoshi to travel with them.

Yeah, they're definitely not hinting something here...:rolleyes:

* Seen traveling around the world (behind the boys) in the opening.
* Had a whole episode about her doubts in training pokémon.
* Questioned Satoshi about pokémon battles.
* Asked by Satoshi to travel with them.

Yeah, they're definitely not hinting something here...:rolleyes:
I'm sorry, but I don't like the idea of having another motherly female traveling companion. We've seen enough of those already and you just know that's what's gonna happen if Koharu gets a Pokemon like Sobble.

I'm sorry, but I don't like the idea of having another motherly female traveling companion. We've seen enough of those already and you just know that's what's gonna happen if Koharu gets a Pokemon like Sobble.
Yet it's fine if Satoshi gets it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom