• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN022: Goodbye, Rabbifoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Raboot evolves here that would be special. But I dont expect it. But if using a move let it evolve into Raboot, why not again?

If Raboot evolves here that would be special. But I dont expect it. But if using a move let it evolve into Raboot, why not again?

That's not outside the realm of possibility. As seen in the list I made partially out of jest, most farewell episode do lead to major events. Whether it's an actual release or farewell (as is most cases), an evolution (such as Ash's Chikorita and Jessie's Pumpkaboo), or even a capture (Sophocles' Charjabug).

The only exceptions are EP091, DP178, and BW126.

That's not outside the realm of possibility. As seen in the list I made partially out of jest, most farewell episode do lead to major events. Whether it's an actual release or farewell (as is most cases), an evolution (such as Ash's Chikorita and Jessie's Pumpkaboo), or even a capture (Sophocles' Charjabug).

The only exceptions are EP091, DP178, and BW126.

I mean it would be early.

At least they're resolving this issue instead of dragging it out for drama's sake

Them rushing it isn't that much better either. Seriously, it's barely been 5 episodes since Scorbunny evolved (five episodes in which it hasn't even been acknowledged that Raboot's become more disobedient towards Go, five episodes in which Go hasn't even been shown to have been affected by this change) and now they're just gonna wrap it up in a single episode so soon after it started?

Instead of taking their time with it, instead of having some small scenes every once in a while exploring the rift between Go and Raboot and the reasons behind it and how it's affecting them, instead of having some of the other characters point the problem out and offer to help them work it out, instead of having them go through a journey of sorts that would eventually lead to an episode where they start to better understand each other and grow closer as a result, we're just gonna skip the journey altogether and go right to the end. And that's no good. They shouldn't drag out the arc for tens of episodes, but they also shouldn't just rush to finish it in just five episodes without even touching upon it since it started.

I wonder if Birch will get a cameo
Unfortunately, Prof. Birch is currently absent from Littleroot Town because he's busy doing research somewhere else. Don't worry though, his stand-in assistant, [insert character-of-the-day here], will be there to help Ash and Gou in their research. As an added bonus, he'll mention Prof. Birch in a passing remark or two.

...I might've sounded like I was being sarcastic there, but that's actually the most likely scenario that I expect will happen in this episode, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm not expecting episode 18's level of continuity here since the main focus will be on Gou and Rabbifoot, but at the same time, I'm hoping that Prof. Birch's existence will at least be acknowledged, even if it's just a passing mention. After all, this is one of the few times the duo actually participate in something remotely resembling proper research-related activities, so it'd be a bit odd if they didn't mention the region's local Pokemon professor, who's lab is located in the very town that they're going to visit.

It baffles me why the anime isn't fully utilizing the ability to re-use characters from past generwrions in these episodes. Is ir just a matter of voice actors not being able to return and recasting the roles would be considered "disrespectful"? If I remember correctly, Tracey hasn't actually had a line since AG because of this and it's just frustrating. If an actor or actress can't return to voice lines, the character's involvement shouldn't be hindered as a result.

As for Birch's voice actor, Fumihiko Tachiki, while he hasn't had additional anime roles in the last decade, he did voice Lt. Surge for the Pokémon Masters mobile game which was quite recently. If he could do that role, surely he would be open to being Birch again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom