• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Pokémon Ranger: Traces of Light (Part 1) ・ Pokémon Ranger: Traces of Light (Part 2)

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
Usually we have preview threads for the next eps and I think Ranger deserves one too, especially considering the first "Pokémon Sunday" Ranger ep will air in less than 24 hours... so someone should stick this
This can be used for speculation about all upcoming Ranger eps and for discussion when they actually air
List of air dates and details known:

28.2 - "Pokémon Sunday" will air 1 out of 2 brand new "original anime" episodes
7.3 - "Pokémon Sunday" will air the second episode
These two episodes will air as part of the "Pokémon Sunday" show and will focus ONLY on Natsuya the new Ranger game hero - this mean Ash and the other twerps will NOT appear in these two episodes
Also, it's possible each of these two eps will be shorter than the usual eps
We know that Raikou is supposed to appear in these eps

18.3 - episodes 168-169 of DP the "regular show" with Ash will air: 168 is about Marley and Shaymin and as far as we know is not related to Ranger (but it's not confirmed yet, there's a little chance Natsuya will be in this too) and the second ep will be about Natsuya meeting the twerps (probably as a continuance of the plot started in the PS eps) and we'll see Heatran

Re: Pokémon Ranger's upcoming episodes

Great thread Piplup!

I am really excited, and this normally doesn't happen for ranger eps.

Pichu looks adorable, and the animation looks sick!

I expect some epic action! <3

These are only 15-minutes, right?

Y'know, it'd be neat, and a bit cheaper for them, if Pokemon Sunday aired little 15-minutes shorts that caught up on old characters as opposed to full 30-minutes episodes. A way to check in on them without devoting an entire episode. Not that I hated the Hosos, but quite a bit of them were basically fillers with Ash and co. switched out for characters who couldn't really hold up a full-length episode once that "unique" factor passed. Cutting it down to 15-minutes, or shorter, and focusing on a certain event a character was doing, maybe even ones that would factor into the show, would be enjoyable.

Just a thought.

Makes me wonder if those Ranger eps will be dubbed. I guess PUSA could insert them into the regular series, but it being without Ash would feel weird there.

More Ukulele-Pichu action than you can shake a Pokestylus at!

Makes me wonder if those Ranger eps will be dubbed. I guess PUSA could insert them into the regular series, but it being without Ash would feel weird there.

Bonus Disc with Ranger 3.

Or hell, just stream them on the official site.

TPCI dubbed the two specials from the Mystery Dungeon series so I don't see no reason for them to not dub this.
Especially since Pokemon Ranger: The Tracks of Light is bound for a USA/international release in the near future. I can see these two special episodes being dubbed and aired around the time of the USA game's release.

The regular DP episodes will get their own review threads, so I think this thread should just focus on the two episodes that'll air as part of Pokemon Sunday.

Also, I'm actually going to make the effort to get up early enough to watch these. And I never make the effort to get up early to watch Pokemon Sunday.

These are only 15-minutes, right?

Y'know, it'd be neat, and a bit cheaper for them, if Pokemon Sunday aired little 15-minutes shorts that caught up on old characters as opposed to full 30-minutes episodes. A way to check in on them without devoting an entire episode. Not that I hated the Hosos, but quite a bit of them were basically fillers with Ash and co. switched out for characters who couldn't really hold up a full-length episode once that "unique" factor passed. Cutting it down to 15-minutes, or shorter, and focusing on a certain event a character was doing, maybe even ones that would factor into the show, would be enjoyable.

Just a thought.

Yeah...some Hoso specials didnt had enough ..."content",to fill 30 minutes.Some mini specials would be very good...

On topic.The hope they showcase Suicune a lot,its the only legend in GEN II that never had a proper appereance in the anime...

On topic.The hope they showcase Suicune a lot,its the only legend in GEN II that never had a proper appereance in the anime...
Wouldn't that be Raikou? Suicune was already clearly seen in an early DP ep; Raikou has only ever been in that one special and a shadow in the main series.

I'm watching this when it pops up (if I can remember the time is and getting it straight with mine) if only because it's the first bit of animation that doesn't feature Ash & Co. we've had for a while. I wonder how much of a connection each eppy will have.

Hate the fact that they'll piss on the girl character again.

Did the God forbid showing BOTH for once?

Anyway, I hope to see something more than we already know about Ranger 3. After all, those episodes are supposed to be a kind of teasers for Ranger 3.

So are the two specials only 15 minutes? I guess TPCi could dub them as one epsiode, and include a classy segue like this one...

ep19_next_day.jpg

Ah, making fun of the Chronicles editors never gets old.

I'm not sure how long they'll be but Dogasu said they said it'll be "short anime"... also, PS still air an old episode in these days so that means the Ranger ep will be during the half hour of the live action PS... so they'll probably make it 15 minutes for the usual PS stuff and 15 for the ep
Also, I can't see why people doubt they'll dub this... they did dub the MD eps so why not this? also, there's no chance at all they'll include this as part of the season like Scott said... which is sad since places like Israel will miss the introduction of Natsuya and the set up to his DP ep

Wouldn't that be Raikou? Suicune was already clearly seen in an early DP ep; Raikou has only ever been in that one special and a shadow in the main series.

well,yes...but I said Suicune becouse Raikou already had an entire special just for him...

I remember seeing one gamevideo showing the main character get attacked while on a Staraptor and end up on the island with UK Pichu, so I'm guessing these might be adaptions of the beginning of the game since I think that's what we're seeing here.

Seems unlike the past two games, you might start out already as a Ranger in 3.

PS will start in about 10 minutes from now, I'll try to watch it...
I think first thing will be the old ep (this time I think it's the ep Brock's Mudkip evolves) and then the other half hour is usually live action and I guess now will be 15 minutes live action and 15 minutes Ranger anime
If I'll be able to watch this I'll reply again to tell the important stuff that happen

They're replaying this episode?

I remember when I heard that the guy who plays Ryuuta in this episode passed away.

Yes, it's the Mudkip evolution ep right now... funny to watch an AG ep after I watched today a few Orange Islands eps and got used to the DP series
I watch this in poor quality and freezes so I won't be able to say much about the Ranger ep... I guess Dogasu will do that better... but I'll try to write at least about what I'll be able to watch

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom