• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN025: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw 'cmon. SURELY Ash & Korrina will recognize each other. She was an honorary member of Ash-tachii for Arceus' sake! (and broke the record for most appearances by a non-companion Gym Leader)

This isn't like how him and Lance (and to a lesser extent Steven in XY) didn't get a chance to interact. Him and Korrina are battling. There's NO way they can ignore the Gigantamax form in the room of them knowing each other...

And if they do, they've stopped even lower than I could ever have imagined. :mad::cry:

Hopefully Kalos as Kanto has been used way too much lately

Agreed, but after SM gave Brock & Misty Mega-evos, and Gozu and Ilima having Megas, this could easily take place in Kanto.

Last edited:
Huh, didn’t think it would come this early, but I’ll take it!

I hope this won’t be just Pikachu vs Lucario though. Those have long become tiresome.

Looks more like a Gengar v. Mega Lucario to me. They've yet to show Pikachu in that stadium (his only shots were in a forest/in the air), just Gengar so far.

Given that Ash's Kalos badges were shown in episode 2, it would be very weird if Ash doesn't recognize Korrina.
Yi3yMyk.png

I believe in a way Korrina will stay with Ash. Her Lucario is gonna have a role with his roomy. Otherwise seems funny that out of all the leaders they choose the one that has a lucario just after Ash gets a Riolu

Personally, I don't think they'll stick around long. They're only there to give Ash's Riolu a goal to strive for (evolving into a Lucario and Mega Evolving). She might be the one who will give him a Keystone like her grandfather did for her though (Ash will be on his own in finding Mega Stones).

Personally, I don't think they'll stick around long. They're only there to give Ash's Riolu a goal to strive for (evolving into a Lucario and Mega Evolving). She might be the one who will give him a Keystone like her grandfather did for her though (Ash will be on his own in finding Mega Stones).
Hope as a little sidequest he starts collecting them all

I don't want him to get too many. Mega Stones are supposed to be difficult to track down and all other characters only had 1 Mega Evolution pokemon. Giving Ash too many would be pushing it. I'd limit it to 2-3 stones at best.
For me it depends. As long as it makes sense storyline, for me 1,2,40 all is fair game. But I understand where you coming from

Kalos badges notwithstanding why would anyone even think that Ash and Korrina wouldn't know each other? The writers aren't going to retcon their previous encounters from XY ffs. I get being cautious about continuity, but Jesus Christ....

If they are battling, I don’t see how they could possibly get away without referencing the fact they know each other and traveled together- I think people are scared of A repeat of Steven and Lances return, Where they never interact with ash and their previous meetings are never acknowledged

If they are battling, I don’t see how they could possibly get away without referencing the fact they know each other and traveled together- I think people are scared of A repeat of Steven and Lances return, Where they never interact with ash and their previous meetings are never acknowledged

I mean we know that they're gonna interact since the preview had them exchange dialogue with each other . That's different from the Lance situation since Ash and Lance didn't get a chance to talk in the recent episode where Lance came back, but we know that Ash and Korrina will interact and it would be senseless for them not to mention their previous affiliation with each other.

And god help the writers if Korrina sticks around with Ash and Go after this episode...

I mean we know that they're gonna interact since the preview had them exchange dialogue with each other . That's different from the Lance situation since Ash and Lance didn't get a chance to talk in the recent episode where Lance came back, but we know that Ash and Korrina will interact and it would be senseless for them not to mention their previous affiliation with each other.

And god help the writers if Korrina sticks around with Ash and Go after this episode...

I can see her sticking around just to hand off a Key Stone or something, but that's the extent of it.

The staff list of this episode, from Dephender of Serebii

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 村田尚樹 (Naoki Murata)
Animation Director 岡昭彦 (Akihiko Oka)
Animation Director 高橋優 (Yuh Takahashi)
Animation Director 蒼依ふたば (Futaba Aoi)

Tomioka is in charge of this episode. We can expect great stuff from him.

I believe in a way Korrina will stay with Ash. Her Lucario is gonna have a role with his riolu. Otherwise seems funny that out of all the leaders they choose the one that has a lucario just after Ash gets a Riolu
Maylene, the Veilstone City's gym leader, also had a Lucario. Korrina is the only one known to have a Mega-Lucario.

Perhaps this episode will be Ash's Lucario vs Korrina's Mega-Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom