• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Mewtwo — Prologue to Awakening

I liked the Special. Primarily because it featured the Eeveelutions, but it did also show some more of Virgil doing his rescuing~ I figured Dirk was up to something; his voice was too creepy for him not to be~ I do wonder, though, still about this Mewtwo's origins. Speaking of, I do enjoy seeing Pokemon Hunters since they are pretty badass~

I'm also confused as to why Mewtwo wouldn't let Marill or Azumarill approach it, since they were wild Pokemon. Unless there's something I'm missing there~ Regardless, it was a nice special and I enjoyed it. Can't really thing of anything bad about it~

"You're a bit of a prankster!"
"Well, you're a bit of a funny guy!"

Wow, such realistic and natural-sounding dialogue. 9.9

@TeamGarra: Well, in the Genesect Movie, there was a flashback where this Mewtwo stumbled into a cave full of wild Pokémon during a thunderstorm and, since then, she was less moody than she was in the special. The scene most likely took place right after the end of the Prologue, where she was still a tad mistrustful.

Mewtwo laying in water and later destroying pokéballs was obviously done to mirror these exact same things happening in "Mewtwo Returns"
This is almost frustrating how they didn't only do nothing to differentiate this Mewtwo from the original one, but also intentionally made it as similar as could be complete with references to the original Mewtwo's events
(I still have hopes they can sort of fix this by bringing back the original Mewtwo to feature the X mega and let it meet the new one, with more backstory explained about the new one and wrapping up both Mewtwo's story with them being off together or something, possibly in the next movie that's supposed to feature megas)

We're not turning this into another thread about whether or not there should have been a second Mewtwo. Please don't comment here unless you're actually going to review the dub of Mewtwo - Prologue To Awakening.

EDIT: All off-topic posts are deleted. Sorry, but we're not going down that route again.

Last edited:
Excuse me, but what is the problem with a comparison of the Mewtwo characters? It addresses a character in this film which would in fact make it on topic. It also makes for interesting discussion. Isn't that what a forum is for?

Excuse me, but what is the problem with a comparison of the Mewtwo characters? It addresses a character in this film which would in fact make it on topic. It also makes for interesting discussion. Isn't that what a forum is for?

The main problem is that this kind of discussion got out of hand with before in the movie's review thread, to the point where no one was discussing the actual movie, and we don't want that to happen again here. The topic itself also doesn't really belong in a review thread considering that the original Mewtwo was never brought up. If you want to have a comparison with the Mewtwo characters or any speculation on if the original one would return, you can do so in a separate thread, but this isn't the place to do it.

The main problem is that this kind of discussion got out of hand with before in the movie's review thread, to the point where no one was discussing the actual movie, and we don't want that to happen again here. The topic itself also doesn't really belong in a review thread considering that the original Mewtwo was never brought up. If you want to have a comparison with the Mewtwo characters or any speculation on if the original one would return, you can do so in a separate thread, but this isn't the place to do it.

Understood now, I was not present for the unpleasant result of this discussion occurring previously. I did not know. I would of course do anything to help prevent too much heat.

In the end when Mewtwo crushes the hunters Pokeballs his Pokemon walk away like they just awoke from a trance. What's that say about the mechanics behind the Pokeball and how that "linking hearts and minds" is just a load of crap and how Pokemon are just slaves in the end.

Wether or not the Pokemon chooses to go into a Pokeball I don't believe they fully understand what their getting themselves into and that, no matter how subtle the change may be, they are nothing but puppets on a string being pulled to the whims of their "trainer".

Dammit Ash, you should have answered N's question!
*flips table and makes Mr. Mime clean it up*

Last edited:
Not to bump this thread up, but...

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that this special was the first one to have a complete cast list, listing both the actors and the roles that they play. I found that really surprising and I hope that TPCI continues to do that in later episodes of XY, the movies and specials, as well.

I still don't understand why VIZ Media decided not to include this special along with the film it leads into, Pokemon: Genesect and the Legend Awakened. With the film coming to Blu-Ray in the States later this year, I certainly hope they include this special as well.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom