• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SS026: Mewtwo: The Prologue to its Awakening

Winterdaze

fight me
Reaction score
Discuss the prologue to Mewtwo's Awakening here.

Eitarou

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score
OK. This was pretty. Very pretty. But what was the point if Mewtwo could transform from the start? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it awaken for the first time in this special?

All this does is set up for the beginning of the Genesect movie. ...Yay?

Jukain

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
I want to know who it is that made another Mewtwo, and HOW they made another Mewtwo.

Jukain

Reaction score
...I guess I'll take the matter that Klank showed up finally and call it even.

Jukain

Reaction score
I'm trying not to fly off the handle. It isn't really related, but this is the final one of the 5th gens that needed an anime appearance. Regular anime, I know it was in a movie. For me, this is the pretty much the only satisfying end I can have in this gen and now all I have to do is wait for XY.

L-05308

Reaction score
I'm trying not to fly off the handle. It isn't really related, but this is the final one of the 5th gens that needed an anime appearance. Regular anime, I know it was in a movie. For me, this is the pretty much the only satisfying end I can have in this gen and now all I have to do is wait for XY.
Still hasn't appeared in an actual episode and Ash has not met one :p

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Dunk was sent to capture Myuutwo from its creators, meaning they're still alive. Wonder if those scientists will get a speaking role in the movie.

The whole "this Myuutwo has always been able to transform into its awakened form" thing is annoying. Shouldn't we get some sort of buildup - *anything* - to it being able to transform into this amazingly speedy form? Why does it transform the way it does? Why is this transformation so speedy? Why can it transform so easily? Then again...if the Ichimura Myuutwo can just do whatever the hell it wants (rebuild a lab, conjure up storms, wipe out people's memories, transport a lake underground) then I guess so can the Takashima Myuutwo.

Virgil...was pretty useless here, wasn't here? Also, no Booster or Thunder :(

So simply crushing Monster Balls like they're tin cans is enough to set pokemon free?

I was kind of surprised to see Satoshi and the others at the end. But! In the manga adaptation, Eric does mention that he had heard from Orchid-Hakase that our heroes were going to be in town, so I guess the conversation here in this special is what set all that in motion. Neat.

Lots and lots of music from the Victini movies, which feels kind of weird to me but whatever.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
On Virgil's page it says Leafeon used Sand Attack, but it didn't sound like that was what Virgil said in the episode. It also doesn't say that Glaceon or Eevee used the attack. Was that an actual attack or was it just kicking up sand?

Last edited:

dracoflare

Eternal ComakariShipper
Reaction score
On Virgil's page it says Leafeon used Sand Attack, but it didn't sound like that was what Virgil said in the episode. It also doesn't say that Glaceon or Eevee used the attack. Was that an actual attack or was it just kicking up sand?
It was Sand Attack. Even Eevee used it.

Satoshi_Pikachu

Reaction score
Hahaha, so there was no actual explanation? That was not entirely unexpected. Well, I'm still going to watch the special and movie. This doesn't even make me angry anymore, I'm just going to laugh at how nonsensical everything is (not that the original Mewtwo wasn't nonsensical at all). As long as the movie is better than the Manaphy movie, I'm not going to complain.

dracoflare

Eternal ComakariShipper
Reaction score
Hahaha, so there was no actual explanation? That was not entirely unexpected. Well, I'm still going to watch the special and movie. This doesn't even make me angry anymore, I'm just going to laugh at how nonsensical everything is (not that the original Mewtwo wasn't nonsensical at all). As long as the movie is better than the Manaphy movie, I'm not going to complain.
The trailer alone is enough to tell me that this movie will be one of the best movies.

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
I judge a movie primarily by its plot and characters rather than its flashy animation.

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
Who was the animation director for this episode?

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
I saw Eevee and Glaceon also kicking up the sand, but their sections on Virgil's page don't say that they used the move while Leafeon's does. I also couldn't tell if Virgil actually said the move's name. But if it really was Sand Attack, then I'm satisfied since the only thing I wanted from this episode was for Leafeon to use a move.

dracoflare

Eternal ComakariShipper
Reaction score
I saw Eevee and Glaceon also kicking up the sand, but their sections on Virgil's page don't say that they used the move while Leafeon's does. I also couldn't tell if Virgil actually said the move's name. But if it really was Sand Attack, then I'm satisfied since the only thing I wanted from this episode was for Leafeon to use a move.
Yes, it was. I can guarantee you that. Although, I am not sure how a simple sand attack can satisfy you :x

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Yes, it was. I can guarantee you that. Although, I am not sure how a simple sand attack can satisfy you :x
Well, I definitely would have preferred a better move, but I'll take what we got. It's better than nothing.

Darth Darkrai

Reaction score
This WAS SUPERB, I Really liked this, This was also a Good Start for the Movie on Saturday and I think we can ALL Say that This was an Appearance Of Klang and it has shown ALL THE Unova Pokemon in this Region Right.

Ambipom666

Reaction score
So simply crushing Monster Balls like they're tin cans is enough to set pokemon free?
We've seen this before when Jessie crushed Dustox's Poké Ball as she released it in DP to make sure it couldn't back come to her. It does kind of make sense.