• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BWS01: Dent and Takeshi! Gyarados's Imperial Rage!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW: Brock returns.

Maybe Misty will be in Pallet Town at Ash's House.

And maybe Cilan and Brock don't mention Ash and don't know they have a mutual friend.

I hope not. I hope they at least menton that ash is thier friend.

This isn't bad writing. No, it was worse because Brock , not only gets one episode and not more, but actually Brock isn't meeting Ash in the special at all.

This proves, as suspected who is more popular of the characters that left in DP.

Dawn is way more pipular than Brock in Japan.

Brock is getting a cameo in a Cilan special after the last BW episodes, when everyone is focusing on XY, etc.

This isn't bad writing. No, it was worse because Brock , not only gets one episode and not more, but actually Brock isn't meeting Ash in the special at all.

This proves, as suspected who is more popular of the characters that left in DP.
You're not making any sense.

Brock not interacting with Ash means nothing, maybe you should consider the fact that Brock keeps on appearing as a proof of Brock being actually popular? Because not only was he mentioned in season 2 he's actually getting another appearance soon. Also, it's ridiculous that you compare Brock with Dawn because Brock has been around for more than 10 years, he has traveled with Ash through 4 different regions while Dawn only stayed throughout DP and BWS2.

So yeah, Brock not interacting with Ash is not a big deal.

Im glad Brock is finally getting follow up after departure, cameo appearance like any other girl which left cast received. Im interested in finding out how much he improved in his newly found calling, if he became noticed by other doctors and how successful studying goes and who knows maybe we see update on his pokemon team as well.

I will always have soft spot for Brock character. Afterall he was one of original companions helping in pokemon starting to get its gears going and become hit globally and ill always be thankful for all those fun , memorable moments his eccentric character and caring side brought to show playing important part in Ash life.

Ever since BW started i wanted to see Cilan and Brock meet, perhaps even have cook showdown(though thats just me dreaming) and with Unova throwbacks to OS it only made sense to allow for their encounter. Judging by preview Cilan Pandage probably was hurt by that vicious Gyarados(most of them happen to have bad temper) and Brock diverse knowledge about pokemon and how to heal them will surely be of great help in here.

Here's hoping that throwbacks to past wont stop with Misty making long aswaited return as well. Dunno about others but i would like to see her return and get some follow up/update on quite uncleared story. Meeting with Iris would nicely have things come full circle with BW.

I'm fine with a Brock cameo. However, he should not return to the main cast. He has his own dream to follow now and therefore his permanent return is not necessary. But it will still be interesting to see the interaction between him and Cilan.

Brock Cameo is going to be Great with Cilan and Hopefully we will Get some Old Pokemon from Brock Like Croagunk or Steelix Maybe or something Like that.

@Gotpika... really @Tsutarja.

I doubt thst Japab prefers Brock to Dawn or at least the show doesn't appwar to show.

Because there's a big difference betwern the two cameos. The first apparently is a experiment of a diferent cast wigh an older characrer. The second is a cameo done at the last minute where he doesn't even meet Ash evenbthough Ash is near Pewter. It feels antickimatic right now.

Because it seems that unless theee are three episodes in the same week, Cilan abd Brock had to 1) do am episode for the two; or 2) Cilan's episode is shared with Ash decision of going into Kalos.

@Gotpika... really @Tsutarja.

I doubt thst Japab prefers Brock to Dawn or at least the show doesn't appwar to show.

Because there's a big difference betwern the two cameos. The first apparently is a experiment of a diferent cast wigh an older characrer. The second is a cameo done at the last minute where he doesn't even meet Ash evenbthough Ash is near Pewter. It feels antickimatic right now.

Because it seems that unless theee are three episodes in the same week, Cilan abd Brock had to 1) do am episode for the two; or 2) Cilan's episode is shared with Ash decision of going into Kalos.
At least Brock's appearance may actually further his story, which is more than I can say for Dawn. The poor girl didn't say anything about her Hoenn quest.

This I want to be a Good Episode and I do not want it Screwed Up Badly because Brock and Cilan looks Very Good I Think.

Not a massive fan of Takeshi but him meeting Dent is something that I and a bunch of others have always wanted to see. I think they'll either be 'besties' or completely baffled with the extreme antics of the other. Either way I think it will make for some good interactions, and I think this return will be done correctly; Hikari's return was awfully done because it was too long while I think this will be short and sweet.

Not a massive fan of Takeshi but him meeting Dent is something that I and a bunch of others have always wanted to see. I think they'll either be 'besties' or completely baffled with the extreme antics of the other. Either way I think it will make for some good interactions, and I think this return will be done correctly; Hikari's return was awfully done because it was too long while I think this will be short and sweet.

I don't think being long was real issue to be honest. It was more that character dependance on contests made job all that harder for writers to create plausible way to justify her journey to Unova. Bringing coordinator in distant region which has no contests was already ambitious enterprise in itself resulting in lack of substance and way to have her gain something significant from it. On plus side at least her longer return lifted up group chemisty making it more dynamic and fun to follow while she was around imo.

Though i do agree how sometimes shorter return can bring more on table than longer one.

Either way im hoping we will see Brock battle in this special. I would like to see his Steelix, Chansey or Ludicolo in action. Marshtamp would be welcomed too and in case Cilan and him get attacked by villains it would be nice to see Brock in some action demonstrating knowledge and years of battling he experienced as gym leader. But on travels with Ash through various regions too if DP tag tournament, some contests and battles vs villains, TR they met on road were something to go by..

Last edited:

even though im not too impresed with most of the DA episodes, this one im looking forward to. we get to see Brock again and he gets to interact with Cilan so i do hope that since it seems we are close to the end of DA that they have saved the best for last. now if we see crogunk and brock being himself, i can say that the small splinter of hope i have for the series will still be around

yes!! YES!!! BROCK! I miss Brock so much, I'm really glad he's appearing again! :D I really hope he'll travel with Ash again. Fans and writers had their break from him, now I think its time they brought him back. My only concern is that the dubbers might keep using Bill Rogers and not use this opportunity to at least ask Eric Stuart to do him again.

yes!! YES!!! BROCK! I miss Brock so much, I'm really glad he's appearing again! :D I really hope he'll travel with Ash again. Fans and writers had their break from him, now I think its time they brought him back. My only concern is that the dubbers might keep using Bill Rogers and not use this opportunity to at least ask Eric Stuart to do him again.

If it's a special don't expect it to be dubbed, they will prob skip it like they did with the dawn and Brock solo special episodes from best wishes era. And I have a feeling that he's not gon meet ash either since I don't see ash or iris anywhere.

If it's a special don't expect it to be dubbed, they will prob skip it like they did with the dawn and Brock solo special episodes from best wishes era. And I have a feeling that he's not gon meet ash either since I don't see ash or iris anywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up getting dubbed, but I'm watching Yuji Ueda's take first. I just know I'm going to struggle with Bill Rogers' version of Brock if he goes back to the DP take. Oh, Eric Stuart, how I miss you as Brock. *sighs*

My only concern is that the dubbers might keep using Bill Rogers and not use this opportunity to at least ask Eric Stuart to do him again.

This isn't even a question at this point. I would love Eric Stuart back as Brock, but I know it isn't happening. I feel ya man, I do, but Bill's going to be voicing him this episode.

Last edited:

The thing is, even if it does turn out to be special you have to admit, the X and Y video games and the company itself have been giving off a very global vibe lately. I think that now more than ever would be a good time to start making all new anime specials available everywhere and not just Japan, so I'm not worried in the slightest we won't be seeing Brock in the US.

I really wanted Cilan to run into Misty's sisters and her instead due to a few similarities between them. Brock already had lots of screen time. I think she could have used it more since it's just a special.

Oh my god!! Takeshi will show up!! =DDDDD

He's not a character that's easy to screw up upon returning so I'm sure I'll love this!!

Of course, by returning I mean for one episode. I don't think nor hope he will stick for Kalos.

Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom