• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XYS01: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I~

Re: SS029: "~ Pocket Monsters XY Special Episode: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I

This had most things I wanted in anime. Cool protagonist who is an OC. Connection to main series. Lot's o fights. The thing is that audience surrogate character was so pointless since everything was already explained. And she's so generic.

Re: SS029: "~ Pocket Monsters XY Special Episode: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I

But wait a sec, if this special is connected to the main series then what happens when Alan meets Ash which is still don't know about the mega evolution yet.

I watched this special three times because of how much I loved it! The animation and music was amazing, it helped make an otherwise boring sounding plot engaging to follow. The characters introduced were really cool too, I liked Alan's personality and it's good that he has Manon to travel with him to help flesh it out by having somebody to interact with. The episode's foreshadowing in the end was nice as well, and I think it's likely that Alan is working with Lysandre without knowing his true intentions. The battles were great as well, which despite being short were still really entertaining and I really liked Siebold's personality being shown during his battle.

But wait a sec, if this special is connected to the main series then what happens when Alan meets Ash which is still don't know about the mega evolution yet.

Back in the 2nd XY episode Professor Sycamore told Ash what Mega Evolution is; also Diantha and her Mega Gardevoir are set to appear in a few episodes so Ash will get to see Mega Evolution looks like.

I can't help but feel that Manon's Chespin will eventually appears as a Mega Chesnaught at some point in the anime. Even if it doesn't, I hope Manon faces Ash in the league with a regular Chesnaught. Ash's Greninja vs Manon's Chesnaught would be a really cool battle. I really liked her, even if she falling all the time was one of the most stupid running gags I've seen in this show.

Anyway, Alan was a bit bland, but I think his character has potential to be interesting in the future. What I despise is all this awful Charizard milking, they could have given him a completely different Pokémon able to Mega Evolve. Siebold was amazing, I enjoyed his personality in the special. But, why give him a Mega Blastoise, when he already have a Pokémon that can mega evolve in the games? Mega Gyarados is so much cooler than that awkward-looking turtle. Still, I hope he using a Mega Evolution in the special means the E4 will have Mega Evolutions in the Generation VI third version.

Oh well, the special wasn't that great, but I enjoyed watching it, if only for Manon and Siebold's characters.

Eww! Alan eats Pokemon food? Who eats that?

Ash

I hope Korrina and Meyer/Blaziken Mask are in this.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom