• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: SS031: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act II~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How will they fit Mega Sceptile, Swampert, Metagross and every battle Alaine has with Charizard, along with Mairin interaction , and a Rayquaza sighting, in 22 minutes?

I do hope this will be an "hour" long special, rather than one episode. If if isn't, no one will get substantial battle time and character interaction.

I also love how Mairin began her journey in Kalos...only to immediately follow some random stranger to an entirely different region (assuming no considerable time has passed since Act I).
I'm also hoping for an hour special, or that they at least don't spend more than half a year before the next one. I can't see this Hoenn storyline being concluded in a single regular-length episode.

Reaction score
Sweet Arceus! I just saw the new teaser on the official Japanese youtube channel and my face immediately lit up when Lysandre came on. I'm so hyped :D!!

Reaction score
WOW! Mega Shiny Metagross IS REALLY FREAKING SWEET! I Wonder if it's Steven's because WHY do both Alain and Steven have VERY SHOCKED Faces.

Reaction score
To those who haven't seen it yet, here's the new Japanese teaser for the special:

[video=youtube;ck_au7N6CGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck_au7N6CGI&list=UU_SI1j1d8vJo_rYMV5o_dRg[/video]

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
WOW! Mega Shiny Metagross IS REALLY FREAKING SWEET! I Wonder if it's Steven's because WHY do both Alain and Steven have VERY SHOCKED Faces.
Alain looks more like he's shouting a command at Charizard.

Not surprised Steven's Metagross is shiny, given that its part of the OR/AS promotion as well.

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
@捷克羅姆; has translated a new summary about the special.

The stage of the adventure moves from the Kalos region to the Hoenn region!

In order to become the master of Mega Evolution, Alain continues in his journey to reach the pinnacle of the strongest.
What awaited him in Hoenn was a new Mega Evolved Pokemon and the Hoenn Region Champion Daigo, to whom he fought in a fierce Mega Evolution Battle. While they are fighting, a mysterious man who suddenly appeared.
Then, the legendary boulders sleeping in Hoenn region and the mystery of all these keys matching Mega Evolution has been uncovered. Its roots touch on to the Legendary Pokemon of the distant sky Rayquaza, who suddenly appeared.
The fierce battle that will shake Hoenn is about to unfold.

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
So... this started in Kalos, and now they just ended up in the Hoenn region? There better be a viable explanation for that. And let's have some follow-up for Lysandre's little cameo from the last episode.

Lovely
Reaction score
The new preview looks sweet! Steven appearing in the scene looks awesome, though he looks really young... XD

My new laptop wallpaper :D

The Lunatic Is On The Grass
Reaction score
@捷克羅姆; has translated a new summary about the special.

The stage of the adventure moves from the Kalos region to the Hoenn region!

In order to become the master of Mega Evolution, Alain continues in his journey to reach the pinnacle of the strongest.
What awaited him in Hoenn was a new Mega Evolved Pokemon and the Hoenn Region Champion Daigo, to whom he fought in a fierce Mega Evolution Battle. While they are fighting, a mysterious man who suddenly appeared.
Then, the legendary boulders sleeping in Hoenn region and the mystery of all these keys matching Mega Evolution has been uncovered. Its roots touch on to the Legendary Pokemon of the distant sky Rayquaza, who suddenly appeared.
The fierce battle that will shake Hoenn is about to unfold.
Hmm...strange. Is this some kind of sign that we would see that Sky Pillar or the another building?

Reaction score
So... this started in Kalos, and now they just ended up in the Hoenn region? There better be a viable explanation for that. And let's have some follow-up for Lysandre's little cameo from the last episode.
Good news, Lysandre's already been confirmed to appear in the special!

Reaction score
I wonder who's voicing Steven anf Lysandre in the special

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Tezuka Hideaki will likely voice the leader of the Flare Gang. Nishi Rintarou will likely voice Daigo.

Reaction score
Tezuka Hideaki will likely voice the leader of the Flare Gang. Nishi Rintarou will likely voice Daigo.
Are you sure? I mean I'm not exactly positive that Nishi Rintarou would want to voicing Steven and it's been almost a decade since he's not appearing in the cast. I know this is a little issue but I'm just stating my opinion.

Proud Pokeservative!
Reaction score
So... this started in Kalos, and now they just ended up in the Hoenn region? There better be a viable explanation for that.
To quote the famous Bill O Riley "Ya cant explain that..."

anyhow, this does look more action packed then the first one. I hope we will get to see a whole bunch of Battling action. hopefully it wont be as crudely drawn and CHibified as the mega swampert trailer was

Reaction score
Preview: (Mega Blaziken!)

[video=youtube;pRpWRaNMnbg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpWRaNMnbg[/video]

Consideration
Reaction score
I'm glad Mega Salamence will appear here; it's my favorite OR/AS Mega along with Mega Swampert.

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ'ꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ, ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ
Reaction score
Sooooo which Metagross is Stevens? The shiny or non shiny one?

And why do they keep showing Alains Charizard as a punching bag for the other Megas? Damn.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
Do we really know for sure this is not a 1hr long special? How the hell are they gonna cram all these Megas into a regular episode? Battles gonna be 30sec long or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.