• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS02: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act II~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff, Get!

As expected, the golden trio return for Mega Evolution Act II. Word is that Tomioka, Asada, and Iwane did an episode of Youkai Watch during their absence, but I'm not sure if that is true or not given we are now getting two episodes from both. Then again, it would explain why Kawada storyboarded Episode #47 for Asada. Either way, I'm happy to see Asada and Iwane are back for their own episodes.

Do we really know for sure this is not a 1hr long special? How the hell are they gonna cram all these Megas into a regular episode? Battles gonna be 30sec long or what?

I do not believe we know whether it shall be or not yet. Naruto Shippuuden's schedule is usually not revealed very early, so we will have to wait and see. Given this episode will probably not have an Opening there will at least be a little extra time for the fights.

Laughs Minocally, MOAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lysandre, PLEASE COME SOON!!!!!!!!!!!! He's looking pretty AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Also Pyroar Appearance so that's a BIG PLUS! This is looking WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER, than I thought it would be.

So they're giving Steven a new VA despite bothering to bring back Jasmine's VA?... I wonder if we should even view this Steven as the same character we saw back in AG (who wasn't even stated to be a Champion or anything special at all, and was pretty much just a COTD)
Apparently the anime has both Jimmy and Ethan as clones running around in the same world (even if Ethan's appearance was a brief cameo, his design was clearly altered and official material referred to him with his new name) so it could be another crazy case like this... now I really wonder how they'd make it if Steven were to appear in the actual show and meet Ash (but I guess they'll avoid this happening)

[video=youtube;PBk_CpuTYp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBk_CpuTYp0&list=UU15vHCCdbrVJ-buudVNKymw&index=2[/video]

Lysandre *_*

So they're giving Steven a new VA despite bothering to bring back Jasmine's VA?... I wonder if we should even view this Steven as the same character we saw back in AG (who wasn't even stated to be a Champion or anything special at all, and was pretty much just a COTD)
Apparently the anime has both Jimmy and Ethan as clones running around in the same world (even if Ethan's appearance was a brief cameo, his design was clearly altered and official material referred to him with his new name) so it could be another crazy case like this... now I really wonder how they'd make it if Steven were to appear in the actual show and meet Ash (but I guess they'll avoid this happening)

Or Steven could make an off-hand reference to Ash, saying something like "You remind me of that trainer I met in the caves long ago, Alain. He has the same battle spirit that I see within you."

Or Steven could make an off-hand reference to Ash, saying something like "You remind me of that trainer I met in the caves long ago, Alain. He has the same battle spirit that I see within you."

Again though, Steven's appearance in AG was so pointless and COTD-ish... he didn't really have any meaningful interaction with Ash and didn't see Ash do anything remarkable

ABOUT FREAKING TIME AN EVIL TEAM LEADER OTHER THAN GIOVANNI GETS A POKEMON!!! On a side note, am I the only one who absolutely loves Lysandre's expression in the new trailer?

Last edited:
Love Lysandre's voice. It's not the kind voice I thought Lysandre would have but it still works.

Just to make this clear, this special will be as long as the first one?

How can they fit seven battles and Mega Rayquaza/Lysandre material in a 20-minute special?

I highly doubt it. If anything the special will be at least 1 hour.

But a new episode of Naruto Shippuden is airing that day as well. Naruto airs after Pokemon on TV TOKYO's Thursday night schedule, and the special starts at Pokemon's normal airing time (7:00 PM JST).

I highly doubt it. If anything the special will be at least 1 hour.

But a new episode of Naruto Shippuden is airing that day as well. Naruto airs after Pokemon on TV TOKYO's Thursday night schedule, and the special starts at Pokemon's normal airing time (7:00 PM JST).

I think those earlier battles actually won't be in the special. They were just clips made for each Mega showcasing their abilities and how they beat up Alaine's poor Charizard (gosh that was a run on sentence). That or they will all be showed in a quick montage of Alaine's journey through Hoenn.

Again though, Steven's appearance in AG was so pointless and COTD-ish... he didn't really have any meaningful interaction with Ash and didn't see Ash do anything remarkable

They could just not mention Ash in the upcoming special. Manon talking about Ash in the first special was probably only to show the special is taking place around the time when Ash is travelling in Kalos, and since they already established it, they probably don't need to do that again.

They could just not mention Ash in the upcoming special. Manon talking about Ash in the first special was probably only to show the special is taking place around the time when Ash is travelling in Kalos, and since they already established it, they probably don't need to do that again.

Well, the idea behind Steven mentioning Ash was firmly establish that this is the same Steven Ash encountered in the Advanced Generation series and not some look-alike stranger with the same name, same type, and same reputation.

Well, the idea behind Steven mentioning Ash was firmly establish that this is the same Steven Ash encountered in the Advanced Generation series and not some look-alike stranger with the same name, same type, and same reputation.
I doubt that they care about that; they're promoting the games rather than paying a tribute to AG. It says a lot that they haven't re-hired Steven's original VA.

Also, Steven's reputation was never established in AG. He was just a stone collector.

As crazy as it may be, I will not consider this Steven to 100% sure be the same character as AG's Steven unless it's proven otherwise. The Jimmy/Ethan case already created the situation of identical design clones running around the same world, and it is very unusual for them to replace VAs in Japan.

Do we actually know if the old VA still works in the business? Might be a replacement out of necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom