• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XYS03: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act III~

Just watched this this morning. Definitely the best one so far. Groudon vs Kyorge was just awesome. Though I kinda did a double take when I heard Godzilla's cry coming from Kyorge. But yeah, the battle was just epic, practically on par with some of the movies. I can't wait for the fourth one to see where they go from here.

This one was definitely better than the second act. Not just because of the epic showdown between two Megas and two Primal Pokemon, but there was a good deal of character development for the three who were mostly present in this act - Alain, Mairin, and Steven.

Speaking of which, his distrust of Lysandre is becoming more obvious. He seemed none too pleased at the Megalith being taken to Kalos.

As for the dub, it was better than the previous act, though some delivered lines fell a bit flat to me, mostly from Lys, Alain, and Steven. (I don't count the additional background characters). But, hey. At least Andrew Paull's Steven is miles better than it was over a decade ago in the AG episode. And the script was more faithful to the Japanese than the second act.

Overall, a great episode.

Speaking of the giant rock, is that supposed to be analogous to the meteorite from the Delta Quest? I do wish they could've come up with a better name for it. Every time they called it the "giant rock," I kept expecting to hear this:

Mairin: Oh my God, a giant rock!
Alain: Yes. Clearly it was my destiny to behold this giant rock.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom