• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

REVIEW: SS034: Hoopa — The Mischief Pokémon

The Power of Thunder
Reaction score
I always worry these little intros (specials) will bore me to death and make me less excited for the movie, but this one was more interesting.
I actually genuinely laughed about 3 times, and I liked how it ended leading into the movie too.

I'm still not sure about Hoopa's english voice actor, that could get very very annoying. I'm about to watch the movie today and I'm excited though :)

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
I don't watch the dub anymore so I don't know...but is the dialogue usually as clunky and awkward as it is in this special? The actors aren't really acting as much as they're coldly reading words off a page and the way the show's written it sounds more like people talking at each other than talking to each other.

Eternally loyal to the dub and TPCi
Reaction score
I don't watch the dub anymore so I don't know...but is the dialogue usually as clunky and awkward as it is in this special? The actors aren't really acting as much as they're coldly reading words off a page and the way the show's written it sounds more like people talking at each other than talking to each other.
You saw this special? If so, I'm thinking there will be a comparison page for this movie coming up soon.

I hold the dub in a much higher regard than you do, but I have to admit that except for Hoopa, no one was acted too well in this short. Hopefully the film itself improves in that regard. If not, then at least the main cast performances (which have not disappointed from the moment XY's dub began) will remain excellent and overshadow the new guys.

As for the short itself, it looks to be more significant than the time-waster poor Diancie got to accompany her movie. And TPCi, super kudos to you for removing that golden shower bit. Sorry, but no show other than South Park appears to be able to do body humor right anymore.

Last edited: