• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS04: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I am a bit surprised Zygarde will be making an appearance in both Mega Evolution Special IV AND next years movie.

Sorry to say this, but Zygarde hasn't been confirmed to star the next year's movie yet.

Um, yes, he has! Or did the giant snake like Nagi with the glowing hexagons, and Zygarde's neck spikes appearing next to the picture of regular Zygarde in the trailer for the next movie not count as enough evidence for you?

That is your assumptions. Physical appearance may resembles another familiar looking Pokemon, but it doesn't mean that IT IS the Pokemon you may think of. I suggest you to take a look on the Movie-19 thread and see if your statement's correct. Meanwhile, I'm still highly doubt the giant Pokemon is based from Zygarde until we can get enough evidence solidly.

I'm seriously wondering about something. Major speculation incoming:

- The Mega Evolution Acts are ending in Fall, furthermore we know that Ash and Alan will finally meet around the same time.
- We can assume that the Team Flare plot will continue in XY anime (as there will no longer be any acts, and Ash and Alan/Manon will finally meet). I assume that in Act IV Alan will realize Lysandre's true goal and turn against him thus setting up an obvious future alliance with Ash who will undoubtedly get dragged into the Team Flare plot as he does with every villain team in every series.

If this above is true, then isn't it a fairly big coincidence that all of this is happening around the same time we're getting major Zygarde/sillhouette/green blob news? It makes me feel like writers intentionally waited with starting the Team Flare plot in XY anime before the release of the next main series game (whether it is simply another third version or a sequel).

That's a lotta Megas! :eek:

(unless, of course, it's another fake out like with the Mega Hoenn Starters in Act 2's 1st poster or more "show up for the heck of it" cameos...)

It's no great stretch to think that Manon will rejoin Alan at the beginning of this special. duh.

As for when it will air, I'm thinking October shortly before or after Ash battles Olympia. Though that's just my guess.

That's a lotta Megas! :eek:

(unless, of course, it's another fake out like with the Mega Hoenn Starters in Act 2's 1st poster or more "show up for the heck of it" cameos...)

It's no great stretch to think that Manon will rejoin Alan at the beginning of this special. duh.

As for when it will air, I'm thinking October shortly before or after Ash battles Olympia. Though that's just my guess.

I would guess after as Alain appears in the opening after Olympia

Here's the poster by itself :)

Mega_Evolution_Special_IV_Poster.png

Neat, huh?

Last edited:

- The Mega Evolution Acts are ending in Fall, furthermore we know that Ash and Alan will finally meet around the same time.
- We can assume that the Team Flare plot will continue in XY anime (as there will no longer be any acts, and Ash and Alan/Manon will finally meet). I assume that in Act IV Alan will realize Lysandre's true goal and turn against him thus setting up an obvious future alliance with Ash who will undoubtedly get dragged into the Team Flare plot as he does with every villain team in every series.

If this above is true, then isn't it a fairly big coincidence that all of this is happening around the same time we're getting major Zygarde/sillhouette/green blob news? It makes me feel like writers intentionally waited with starting the Team Flare plot in XY anime before the release of the next main series game (whether it is simply another third version or a sequel).
How do we know that this is the final act?Plus I don't think the TF plot will move onto the main XY series rather however be concluded in the specials themselves as the main XY anime seems to try and avoid conflict as much as possible.

How do we know that this is the final act?Plus I don't think the TF plot will move onto the main XY series rather however be concluded in the specials themselves as the main XY anime seems to try and avoid conflict as much as possible.

Alain said in the last preview trailer that the ME special is speeding towards the climax

Like Kyriaki said, Alan narrated the preview for Act IV and said they were approaching the climax.

You can't possibly imagine the Team Flare plot to be resolved within one special (especially since Lysandre hasn't even begun to execute his plan). Plus, notice the absence of Mega Gyarados on poster for Act IV? Mega Gyarados is Lysandre's mega, something that would surely be used in the climax of the Team Flare plot.

Last edited:
Like Kyriaki said, Alan narrated the preview for Act IV and said they were approaching the climax.

You can't possibly imagine the Team Flare plot to be resolved within one special (especially since Lysandre hasn't even begun to execute his plan). Plus, notice the absence of Mega Gyarados on poster for Act IV? Mega Gyarados is Lysandre's mega, something that would surely be used in the climax of the Team Flare plot.
They only said Act 4 was the climax but the resolution of the acts for all we know could be in Act 5 with Alain vs Lysandre being the final showdown. You never know what these stupid writers might do, just so that TF don't appear in the main anime at all(to avoid conflict of course).

I also think that Alain's appearance in the main anime will have to do with a Mega Arc where he MIGHT influence Ash to get a Mega with Ash vs Alain being the only other interesting thing that might happen.

They only said Act 4 was the climax but the resolution of the acts for all we know could be in Act 5 with Alain vs Lysandre being the final showdown. You never know what these stupid writers might do, just so that TF don't appear in the main anime at all(to avoid conflict of course).
If Alain vs Lysandre is ever going to happen, it's going to be in the climax, not resolution.

So the color of the logo does mean something.

This should be the last act imo, ash and alain are to cross paths soon so this will be perfect way to end the ME specials and bring the TF plot to the main anime, and to think that TF won't appear in the main anime is ridiculous, anyone should know that the anime is for advertisement of the game and if the main plot of the game isn't going to be in the anime then they might as well stop the show.

If Alain vs Lysandre is ever going to happen, it's going to be in the climax, not resolution.

Oh please. We all know Ash will beat Lysandre (at last minute no less) through Faith, Friendship, and Really Stupid Luck.

Okay...we have broadcast data for 4 episodes in October...thing is, there are FIVE Thursdays in that month...

HMMMMM... :-/

We got a trailer for Act 4 and it looks epic
[video=youtube;kAJHiDByUEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAJHiDByUEg[/video]
Plus MALVA confirmed.

The Banette trainer is very interesting; if I am not mistaken he has hexagon patterns on his cloak, and he is the only known trainer to fight Alain outside in this special.

And for some reason the green blob Pokémon are surrounding Chespie with an aura.

Malva's character bio basically confirms that she has a Mega Houndoom, that she is one of the E4, that she has a friendship with Lysandre and that she's a newscaster.

It's nice that the anime is digging a little deeper into Malva's character and subsequent relationship with Lysandre and (maybe) Team Flare. In the games it felt a bit vague.

Also, for anyone in doubt, the official act IV summary states this is the final chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom