• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS04: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boots2@sses said:
These acts are a smart take from writers. Instead of rushing flare arc in the anime they are taking it slowly and waiting for the next game to come out to see that if there are any changes made to the team flare.

To be fair that was the exact same strategy they took in Diamond & Pearl and what they tried to do in Best Wishes! as well.

Did Cartoon Network even air the second act? I know they did the first one a long time ago (or it feels like) but I can't remember seeing the second one dubbed.

These acts are a smart take from writers. Instead of rushing flare arc in the anime they are taking it slowly and waiting for the next game to come out to see that if there are any changes made to the team flare. And these acts themselves are really great. Alain is a likable character and him and ash are finally crossing their ways. Hopefully we'll get a Mega Zard battle.

Tomioka Atsuhiro is the writer of the Mega Evolution episodes. He is in charge of series composition, which means he works with the chief director and series director to develop the plot. He then assigns the plot to freelance writers or himself to adapt into full length scripts. Tomioka took over series composition beginning with Diamond & Pearl, so it makes sense he would recycle and try to refine elements like this. It would for turning Shingo into Shinji.

Boots2@sses said:
These acts are a smart take from writers. Instead of rushing flare arc in the anime they are taking it slowly and waiting for the next game to come out to see that if there are any changes made to the team flare.

To be fair that was the exact same strategy they took in Diamond & Pearl and what they tried to do in Best Wishes! as well.

But in DP they were building the plot in the main anime, here they are trying to build them entirely separate so if anything changes in the next games they could just end the story in the specials and bring the next games plot in the main anime.

Does anyone even know when we will get any info on this, its been 4 months since it was announced and still we have got nothing whatsoever.

I really want to know what the plot is already and if Ash has met Alain yet by the time this takes place?

Does anyone even know when we will get any info on this, its been 4 months since it was announced and still we have got nothing whatsoever.

I really want to know what the plot is already and if Ash has met Alain yet by the time this takes place?

Act II information came on september and it aired on november. I think it may be the same case this time. However, it looks like Act IV won't air close to a main series game release, so I doubt it will be promoted as strongly as Act II and III. Maybe like Act I, Act IV it will just be promoted one month before its airing.

Pokemon Fan Magazine claimed that information on Ash and Alain's meeting will be show up in their next issue (leaks around September 17), so it will air around late september-late october.

They're still in the middle of promoting the Hoopa movie. Once that hype dies down I'm sure we'll start seeing more about the Mega Evolution special.

I'm so curious about why they didn't even show us a trailer.
I'm guessing that there are new megas, instead of the "they haven't prepared the animation yet" theory.

Zygarde confirmed for this Act!!
XR3tOhr.jpg
Plus translation of scan(thanks to Dephender):
"Summer movies mean Pokemon movies! But this movie includes a startling video clip no one knows much about!"

"Don't take your eyes off this year's movie until the last second!!"
You get to fully enjoy a magnificent story starring the mythical Pokemon Hoopa and the legendary Pokemon!... but that's not the end of it!!

Hoopa is not the only new Pokemon in the movie!? A startling clip awaits you!.

A mysterious Pokémon appears in the trailer for the 2016 Pokemon movie!?
An unfamiliar Pokémon appears in the trailer for next year's Pokémon movie!? Is this bouncing little fellow a new Pokémon!?

It's a green little guy. Will it appear in next year's movie!?
It will appear in the below anime TV special too!

Does it have something to do with this shadow?
Another giant Pokemon appears in the trailer!? Does it have something to do with the green one!?

Take extra note of "The Strongest Mega Evolution Act IV", which will air this fall!!!!!!!
You can see Zygarde in the background there. Haven't we seen that color before...!?

We just announced shocking news on the little green guy, the big shadow and the TV anime! The answers to all this will be revealed next issue!!

CY8ejXc.png

Maybe we will get to see the big shadowed Pokemon from the trailer of the movie which will premiere next year, if it is a possible Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion/new form of Zygarde. Also, since Alain and Mairin are in separate regions, I wonder why they're showing them both on the poster. Maybe the special will also show what Mairin is doing now in Kalos.

CY8ejXc.png

Maybe we will get to see the big shadowed Pokemon from the trailer of the movie which will premiere next year, if it is a possible Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion/new form of Zygarde. Also, since Alain and Mairin are in separate regions, I wonder why they're showing them both on the poster. Maybe the special will also show what Mairin is doing now in Kalos.
Actually,no at the end if Act 3 Alain is back in Kalos and training in Lysandre Labs.

CY8ejXc.png

Actually,no at the end if Act 3 Alain is back in Kalos and training in Lysandre Labs.

Oh, well, they've still separated though and I doubt they'll start traveling again in the next special and if they do, it might happen near the end.

I'd like to think that the Megas up the top with Zygarde may make a genuine appearance in the special (even if it's not Beedrill, Houndoom will do for me). The appearance of Mega/Primal Zygarde is good to see, and the blob thing is here as well. Hmm...

Finally, the promo poster we've been all waiting for. Scheduled to be fall, yes, but when?? My hype train is about to crash now [emoji14].

*ehem* Interesting fact about Zygarde's appearance on the Mega series makes me wonder what is it doing on the plot itself. I'm not being heavy-minded for this issue, but its business here's got me confused.

Finally, a nice layout to the artwork. Too bad Steven won't be our special star anymore, however it doesn't put out my burning expectations down.

Last edited:
Hmm, I think this confirms the Green blob has a link to Zygarde, my theory of it being a Zygote related to Zygarde, maybe a servant or something, is looking firmer and firmer.

Though I am a bit surprised Zygarde will be making an appearance in both Mega Evolution Special IV AND next years movie.
If he goes into this new huge forme in the Special there won't be much to reveal about him in the movie.

Though I am a bit surprised Zygarde will be making an appearance in both Mega Evolution Special IV AND next years movie.

Sorry to say this, but Zygarde hasn't been confirmed to star the next year's movie yet.

Sorry to say this, but Zygarde hasn't been confirmed to star the next year's movie yet.

Um, yes, he has! Or did the giant snake like Nagi with the glowing hexagons, and Zygarde's neck spikes appearing next to the picture of regular Zygarde in the trailer for the next movie not count as enough evidence for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom