• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS04: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becoming the strongest Mega Evolution trainer was NEVER a mission given to Alan by Lysandre. It is from his own will.
Is it? Because he never had any intention of becoming the strongest Mega Evolution user until he met Lysandre.

He made that promise to Lysandre, no one else. He's not doing it for himself.

Becoming the strongest Mega Evolution trainer was NEVER a mission given to Alan by Lysandre. It is from his own will.
Is it? Because he never had any intention of becoming the strongest Mega Evolution user until he met Lysandre.

He made that promise to Lysandre, no one else. He's not doing it for himself.

So Lysandre did ever told him to uphold that promise? All I know that he is treating Alan as an errand boy.

Edit: I thought of a way that Lysandre can make Alan bet his stones in the tournament.

Lysandre forced Alan into the the tournament. Which couldn't happen unless Sycamore is held hostage. But I do figure out a way to make Sycamore a hostage without revealing Lysandre's motive.

Lysandre has Malva pretending to be willing to share her Mega Stone and Pokemon with Sycamore in exchange for the first hand information of his finding which will be broadcasted by Malva herself. What Lysandre told Alan was if Sycamore published his studies and it is used by bad guys to do bad things, it will hurt Sycamore's reputation. That will make Alan ask Malva to not share her information with Sycamore, where Malva will say that it will solidify her position s one of the top reporters, which Alan bet his Mega Stone in exchange for her to shut up.

This scenario requires Alan to be of no use of Lysandre already, which doesn't make sense if Alan ever showed up at the Sundial.

But maybe Manon will overhear Lysandre and Malva's conversation before or after the match, which will be the turning point. Which Alan is at the Sundial because of what Manon heard from the conversation.

Last edited:
I'm excited about Alain's bet: Him slaying ten Megas in a row actually sounds quite manageable for him in my opinion. I'm also glad that Malva's debuting, though her using Mega Houndoom does nothing for me.

Upon closer inspection I actually think that the Bannete trainer is actually Harley, look at the design:
harley act 4.PNG

The site lists Steven in the cast...is he really appearing again? Malva finally making an appearance is great news too.

Considering that Steven was distrusting of Lysandre from the get-go, and especially appearing displeased that he took the Megalith, it would make sense for him to come back. And I'm pretty stoked that he is.

I'm also glad we'll get to see Malva, too. Even though, they weren't a challenge in-game for me, the Kalos Elite Four are one of my top favorites, so they definitely deserve to be in the anime.

Upon closer inspection I actually think that the Bannete trainer is actually Harley, look at the design:

...sorry, not seeing it in the least.

As much as I'd love for old characters to come back under the banner of Mega-Evolution, I'm not seeing it here. Even if Harley inexplicably decided to get a new outfit (that doesn't suit him at all), that trainer still doesn't look anything like him at all...

The site lists Steven in the cast...is he really appearing again? Malva finally making an appearance is great news too.
Considering that Steven was distrusting of Lysandre from the get-go, and especially appearing displeased that he took the Megalith, it would make sense for him to come back. And I'm pretty stoked that he is.
I'm sorry but as far as I can see the opposite is true. Steven has never appeared to be distrustful of Lysander, neither in part 2 nor in part 3 that just aired the U.S yesterday. In part 2 he willingly cooperated with him without being suspicious in the least bit and in the latest Mega Evolution Special, Steven's only reaction was being a little bit surprised that Lysander took the giant rock. But there was no attempt whatsoever from Steven's side to get it back. I mean you could clearly see that Lysander stole it (much to the dismay of Rayquaza btw) and still Steven didn't really get suspicious.

Last edited:
Prediction, Lysandre will die at the end of the act from the explosion from the Green Blobs fusing together causing Malva to disband and Team Flare's plan thawed.And of course Alain will not get to know any of this and believes that Lysandre's still alive and starts searching for him when he appears in the main anime with Ash.

Prediction, Lysandre will die at the end of the act from the explosion from the Green Blobs fusing together causing Malva to disband and Team Flare's plan thawed.And of course Alain will not get to know any of this and believes that Lysandre's still alive and starts searching for him when he appears in the main anime with Ash.
Highly unlikely. The Team Flare plot won't end with this act.

Well, I forget to finish of my predictions but Malva then restart's up Team Flare back up again and Ash and Alain will run into Malva, which is when she reveals that Lysandre died and that he was apart of Team Flare the whole time. This will of course Alain to get angry at himself(for trusting a criminal) leading to a epic rematch between him and Malva.

Well, I forget to finish of my predictions but Malva then restart's up Team Flare back up again and Ash and Alain will run into Malva, which is when she reveals that Lysandre died and that he was apart of Team Flare the whole time. This will of course Alain to get angry at himself(for trusting a criminal) leading to a epic rematch between him and Malva.

What makes you so sure that Lysandre is going to be killed off though? Imo, there's more to be seen with his character (past Mega Evolution IV). He has one of the best actors voicing him in all of these specials, it would devastate me more to see him not return, over someone else. I agree that Malva will be incorporated (hopefully with links to Flare), but that doesn't mean they will kill off Lysandre just because Malva is about to show up...

I wouldn't even dare to watch an evil character to die in a kids anime though.

Pokemon is a kid's show, so I don't expect anyone to die on scene.

Pokemon Hunter J anyone???

Pokemon Hunter J has been dead since Diamond and Pearl, I don't think that anyone would want to see a zombie of J that had walked all the way to Kalos from Sinnoh, and I think the two regions are thousands of miles away from each other. I don't think that she would have survived in the explosion after her ship crashed into lake Valor, and what ever is left of her don't exist anymore.

Anyways, to anyone that's saying the no one has died in the anime before, you're kind of wrong. Yes characters rarely dies in the anime, but Pokemon Hunter J has died in Diamond Pearl and she died on screen when her ship exploded after crashing into lake Valor.

Pokémon anime doesn't shy away from darkness.

For example, one of my favorite Best Wishes episodes featured a group of Litwick who drained life energy from the visitors to the mansion (especially Team Rocket) and then tried to send everyone into the Ghost World (or should I say, they tried to kill them).

That being said, I doubt we'll ever get anything super graphic, but given XY's continuous use of the words 'die' or 'death' (such as Ash saying that Lapras could die in the episode featuring a sick Lapras) and mentions of people who died (like in various Bonnie episodes and the man's deceased wife in the Pikachu special), I don't think that the writers are afraid of having someone like Lysandre die.

Anyway, onto the topic, no, Lysandre most likely won't die in Act IV.

Last edited:
You know, for some reason I felt like the result won't fit every scene shown.

Sure, there's Malva,Lysandre, Steven,Prof.Sycamore, other ME trainers, Mairin, and of course Alain that builds up your hype tension. But will the animators wised enough to feature all of them at once without creating any plot holes? Not perfectly guaranteed. Among all chapters, this would be heaviest, and the biggest so far. Gosh, so much for the outcome. And no I didn't mean suggesting to cut out some characters, it would be more disappointing.

You may say we got some handy animators and directors, however with giant scripts and dialogues at front, do we hoped the best they could when making the special itself?

I'm not being pessimistic, it's just that some key important things can go to waste if they're not chose correctly.

Pokemon Hunter J anyone???

Pokemon Hunter J has been dead since Diamond and Pearl, I don't think that anyone would want to see a zombie of J that had walked all the way to Kalos from Sinnoh, and I think the two regions are thousands of miles away from each other. I don't think that she would have survived in the explosion after her ship crashed into lake Valor, and what ever is left of her don't exist anymore.

Anyways, to anyone that's saying the no one has died in the anime before, you're kind of wrong. Yes characters rarely dies in the anime, but Pokemon Hunter J has died in Diamond Pearl and she died on screen when her ship exploded after crashing into lake Valor.

her comment was to remind people that deaths do happen in the anime. also lucario in the mystery of mew. point in case deaths arent unheard of

Didn't had chance to post my thoughts on this yet, so might as well now.

Based on summary Alain seem very confident and perhaps abit conceited in deciding to do such reckless decision. Betting his most valuable items required for mega evolution of Charizard just to prove that hes better and has power to defeat 10 powerful mega evolved pokemon in row.

I have been reading through this thread and i have to side with group which wouldn't mind seeing Alain be on defeated side. If anything than because i think it would make alot of sense if this bet cost him somehow. Losing to Malva taking away his Key stone and Mega stone with Lysandre seeing no more need for his help and deciding how he doesnt deserve mega evolution items anymore reclaiming them back.

This could serve as plotline in Alain discovering his true nature and twisted, radical perception on world in how to turn it in "better place"(by commiting massive killing).

Ending in Alain humiliated and defeated expressing despise and regret for letting himself, his partner and close friend Charizard, Sycamore, Mairin and everyone else down.

Otherwise i dont see any point in this bet to begin with if everything will pass without consequences for trainer actions leading nowhere.

To some this may seem like drastic move jeopardizing purpose behind Alain existence.

But im of opinion how it would actually add more substance to his character spicing story up. Because from loses you can generally learn a whole lot more than wins which only reassure your selfesteem and belief in your own abilities not being able to notice small details and mistakes in your strategy. To realize what your doing wrong and how to become better trainer or person.

Alain seem very serious, aloof and he undeniably distanced himself over the years quite alot from persons he cares about and wants them well being. Not just with Sycamore wanting that way to protect him from harm, but Mairin(Manon too). Wanting that she stays behind not following him.

So some struggling, questioning of his own motives and harsh realization of being used as pawn. Marionette from Lysandre for all this time in doing dirty work for him. After true plans and face of his "benefactor" comes on daylight making Alain realize how blinded and deluded as person he really was.

How much he was obsessed and preocuppied about pure power and strength in wanting to defeat every trainer with mega evolution starting to forgett what truly matters to him would be more than welcomed for 2 reasons:

-it would allow that Alain personality gets expanded upon showing more emotion, his inner thoughts and other sides which used to exist inside him when he was younger starting to fade away ever since he started collaborating witn criminal organization. Being used for evil plans without even knowing, opening ground for solid character development. Evolution of his personality.

-defeat would serve as logical vector in setting up Alain appearance in main pokemon series leading toward encounter with Ash through possible intervention of Mairin. Who let Alain know about Ash in first place.

Giving to Alain incentive , motivation and will in taking Lysandre down stopping his plans with Ash and co help. While working on getting Key and Mega stone back whether that means reclaiming over what Malva took from him. Or getting alternate items from Sycamore. With Ash getting mega and Key stone through other source not known yet.

Along with reevaluating his stance toward dream of becoming strongest mega evolution trainer and if this is fruit born out of his own aspirations and needs as pokemon trainer. Or ambition created through Lysandre influence over him.

All of this would create potential for really good and meaningful story arc if executed right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom