• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XYS04: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

This episode got dark really quickly. Zygarde Core asks Chespin to free it. Chespin's life is threatened from Team Flare's experiment. Mairin stays behind to look after Chespie. Alain's eyes become fiercer and he fights to save Chespie's life.

I am glad that Mega Ampharos is in this episode, even if it is a brief cameo of it losing to Mega Charizard X along with four other Megas.

The only thing I can say is the best of this episode is....

Lysandre is a genius. He manipulated everyone. EVERYONE. Steven, Manon, Alan, Sycamore all believes him. Talk about the most threatening villain ever.

Alan is so horrible, his self esteem is just way too over the top.

I ship Alain with Manon more than ever. He wants to get Manon's smile back omg. His ego might have been over the top but he really cares about her D:

And Lysandre is just scary. I can't believe he fooled everyone into thinking he's a good guy. This makes me even more hyped for the Team Flare arc.

And some people thought that Alain couldn't defeat Malva. I'm glad I had some faith in him. I really enjoyed the intensity that Alain had after hearing that something is wrong with Mairin's Chespie.

Anime Error: Charizard got poisoned from Venusaur's Venoshock, but that move doesn't inflict poison in the games.

Okay, it has been a while since I last couldn't follow much of what was going on. The mess that's happening between everyone, specially Alain and Manon is making me really interested. Could someone please elaborate a little bit? Why did they fight and why was he so, so angry at the end?

I'm still a bit confused because I couldn't understand a single word but judging from Malva not being surprised in the least bit but being pretty calm after losing to Alain instead, I almost think that this might all have been planned beforehand.
What do you think?

Nice episode to introduce the Zygarde plot I suppose.

Ok, can I jut say how much I liked that they showed some of Sycamore's Pokemon playing while he was on the phone with Steven. Especially his cute little Zigzagoon.

Alright, I really loved the watch Key Stone holder that Venusaur's trainer had. I also liked that Alain healed Charizard from poison with a Pecha Berry after the battle. Wow, Alakazam man keeps Alakazam's Mega Stone on its spoon. I sure hope he never loses that spoon, lol. And now we even get to see a potion healing. This is nice. It actually feels like how back to back battles are in the games.

I like how Malva, like Seibold, also didn't Mega evolve her mon at the immediate start of the battle. I also liked when Charizard and Houndoom were inching around the field while Alain and Malva were talking instead of just standing there.

Idk what was going on with Chespin and the Zygarde core and everything, but DAMN Alain's expression looked deadly at the end there. Also nothing really to say about Mairin. I still find her as annoying and pointless as I always have. I'm glad she didn't take up much time here fortunately.

I thought this was a nice episode, but it felt a bit odd having Alain's Mega battles and the Zygarde stuff happening all at once. It all seemed a bit clustered, but overall it was okay. 8/10.

Idk what was going on with Chespin and the Zygarde core and everything, but DAMN Alain's expression looked deadly at the end there. Also nothing really to say about Mairin. I still find her as annoying and pointless as I always have. I'm glad she didn't take up much time here fortunately.

Chespin is affected with Zygarde stuff and is unconcious. Manon is sad from that, and Alain said he wants to make Manon smile again.
Manon isn't really pointless when she's affecting Alain left and right. Alain said that he was doing all this Mega Evolving job to become stronger to protect the people close to him, and he got mad because he wasn't able to protect Manon and Chespie.
That's the bits I understood though.

And some people thought that Alain couldn't defeat Malva. I'm glad I had some faith in him. I really enjoyed the intensity that Alain had after hearing that something is wrong with Mairin's Chespie.
Is this the first time that a E4 has beaten in the anime?

Is this the first time that a E4 has beaten in the anime?

No and yes. No in that Champion Cynthia has already claimed that honor in Diamond and Pearl. Yes in that an Elite Four was beaten by someone other than a champion. While many folks think that puts Alain in Elite Four tier and that he would easily crush Ash no problem, I see it much more differently. The fact that this trend has been broken shows that the Elite Four... are beatable. And that Ash, given that Alain will have to oppose him according the new Opening, has a big chance now.

Maybe I'm high but does anyone else see similarities between Alain and Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars? I'm not talking huge details or anything, just the idea that they both align themselves with the villians in order to protect their loved ones (Mairin and Padme), only to make the situation worse. Well, Alain didn't basically kill Mairin or anything, but his association with Team Flare/Lysandre caused Chespie problems and made her distraught. Not to mention just being involved in Team Flare is just bad straight up. :p Oh and they both have gigantic egos, yeah.

I'm just spitballing here, lol.

But as for the special itself, can't say I expected that to end the way it did. Oooft... I probably would've cried ninety-nine tears of sadness if they had a Mega Beedrill getting bodied by Charizard, especially after seeing a Heracross and Ampharos go down too. Certainly was an interesting watch.

Can't believe Alan's ego inflated so much just because he won several battles.
Telling Manon it's "none of her business", "what the hell are you doing here?" and calling her weak?

But it seems he regreted what he did after learning Manon's Chespin is affected by the radioactive stuff from Zygarde core.

From what I think, Alain has the most realistic person seen so far. His decision actually does comes in a bad consequences he quickly regrets and the way he enraged is damn accurate. I would also gone mad if someone I cared being exploited by bad people. However, in some moment, his pissed acts are exaggerating too much.

I'm interested by the fact that it ended with a "To be continued". Did the other 3? Does this mean we'll get another Act or is it simply saying the story will continue in the main anime?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom