• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S22 EP41: Battling on the Wing!

WTP is Pikipek

Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Ryan Andes
Simona Berman
Sam Black
Ben Burgess
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Neo Cihi
Samantha Cooper
Abe Goldfarb
Michele Knotz
Mike Liscio
Michael McMillan
Suzy Myers
Lisa Ortiz
Lori Phillips
Scottie Ray
Erica Schroeder

Watching the dub was about as boring as watching the Japanese version, maybe that's why Rowlet fell asleep, it was just bored by the whole battle lol

Neo Cihi did a great job as Hau whilst Roger Callagy did a good job as Decidueye, can't really compliment his work as Rowlet based on how boring Rowlet was this episode

So, the controversial Ash VS Hau battle I was told so much about.... Yeah I can see the complaints. This really was off in it's execution and the ending had me actually feeling so bad for Hau... poor guy. Regardless, I'm just glad that Ash is moving further into the quarterfinals and hopefully this episode doesn't sour me overtime as much as everyone else had. We are getting further into the league and I just want to continue seeing more battles, just not like this though.
Plus, about the writer of the episode Junichi Fujisaku, he definitely doesn't deserve all the crap he got. In fact I'd even say this was more of a learning experience on what works and doesn't for the guy.

So, the controversial Ash VS Hau battle I was told so much about.... Yeah I can see the complaints. This really was off in it's execution and the ending had me actually feeling so bad for Hau... poor guy. Regardless, I'm just glad that Ash is moving further into the quarterfinals and hopefully this episode doesn't sour me overtime as much as everyone else had. We are getting further into the league and I just want to continue seeing more battles, just not like this though.
Plus, about the writer of the episode Junichi Fujisaku, he definitely doesn't deserve all the crap he got. In fact I'd even say this was more of a learning experience on what works and doesn't for the guy.
Well on the bright side, this was a crater sized pothole in the road but the battles from here on out are great and a massive improvement over the round 1 battles. So after Ash vs Hou, the league becomes very enjoyable.

Fortunately this was and will hopefully remain his worst outing, with battles he penned later on in the league being generally well-regarded aside from a bit of move spam that could easily have been from someone higher-up telling him to, "watch the animation budget," more than anything else. Even so, as bad as this episode genuinely was he certainly didn't deserve any of the death threats he got from some of the more vocal Japanese fans on Twitter, some of them on his birthday no less.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom