• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Staff Drive 2018 Results!!!

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Howdy all!

First I'd like to thank everybody once again for all of the time and effort you put into your applications. It means a lot to us to see so much interest in keeping the site running on all fronts. :)

So now here are the users who we selected from the applicant pool:

Staff Artists:
@EtherealGalaxia
@RoseyHyena
Pokémon Video Games + Current Event: Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon:
@Krash
Pokémon Anime & Manga:
@Alola
General Pokémon Discussion:
@MegaPod
Writers Workshop:
@Beth Pavell
Fun and Games:
@Crystal Onix
@Elieson
Entertainment, Inc.:
@returnofmastercrazyhand
@Fluttershy of Light
Outside the Box:
@Pikochu
@CheffOfGames

Additionally, current moderators @Lillie and @Midorikawa will be joining the blog/Shippers' Paradise staff and Fun & Games team respectively.

We have not quite made final decisions on Social Media Contributors or BulbaNews Translators and Writers at this time, so those will be announced a later date. Stay tuned for those.

If you applied and were wondering why you were not accepted, you're welcome to PM a Super Moderator listed in the section you applied for or any Admin (including myself, @Maniacal Engineer, @Zexy, @Neo Blaze, @diamondpearl876, @Hidden Mew, or @Shiny Celebi). We'd all be glad to give you pointers on areas you can work on for next time or ways you can still help out even as a regular user. Keep in mind that just because you weren't accepted this time does not mean you will never have another chance, a lot of current staff applied many times before getting to the point they're at now. :)

Thank you once again, and best of luck to all the new staffers. I'm sure you will all be fantastic help.

Last edited:
I have a prepared a creepy gif for this.

giphy.gif

Congratulations though! I'm looking forward to working with y'all :D

Alola, everyone! Wanted to give a big thank you to the moderators who allowed me to become one myself. Please bear with me as I try my best; I look forward to working with you all! Also, a big congratulations to all the fellow new hires! I know we will continue making the Bulbaforums great. Lastly, thank you to all of those, mods and users alike, who have posted congratulations yourselves-it means a lot!

Catch us in the Anime & Manga section for a good time :D!

DANG IT! I tried. And then someone moved my application.

So we've had a few questions about why application threads were merged and if you guys should be concerned by it. Short answer: No, it happened to every single application so it says nothing about what we thought of your app.

And here's the long answer:
Due to some glitches in the forum software, we've been having some trouble archiving threads normally, so we consolidated every single application into a single thread to make moving them around easier. Before we had even opened the staff drive an admin had made a joke application for testing purposes titled "APRIL FOOLS - ZUBAT." When all threads were merged together this was the first one chronologically so the combined thread containing every single application was given this title. Normally users wouldn't receive this kind of notification, but we have a checkbox that says something like "Notify thread starter" when we're performing actions like this, and this box was accidentally left checked off, hence why everyone got the notification.

So just to clarify, every application in the submissions forum was merged into this single thread, regardless of what we thought about them or if we accepted them or not. I understand some of you were confused and caught off guard by the notification, and rightly so, so I'd just like to formally apologize for this. I hope this explanation helped make sense of things. If you have any further questions about this or about your specific application please don't hesitate to PM me here or on Discord.

Back
Top Bottom