• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Stan "The Man" Lee Mafia - Sign-ups

CheffOfGames

Just some random guy on a random site
Reaction score
Homage to Stan Lee:

Stan Lee, the man responsible for superheroes being as popular as they are nowadays, the creator of a lot of beloved characters from Marvel and the guy to look out for whenever you are watching a Marvel movie has sadly passed away on 12 November 2018.
We all can name at least one character he has created or worked with, be it Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America or Superman. What? Yes, Stan Lee created the "Just Imagine" series where he reimagined some of the DC heroes.

8a977d85e23dcdbcab7e41e2f907bac1a7420b29r1-720-720v2_hq.jpg

Because of this, I think it would be a fun idea to play a mafia game with some things he has worked on. The roster of the game has not been decided yet and I would like you to help with this, when you sign up, send me a pm with your submission of a character and I will put it in the game.
Before sending in a character you want to see in the game it would be nice to know if I'd allow your character in here, so please follow these rules:
  • The character does not have to be created by Stan Lee himself but he does need to have worked on the character in some form, be it from the start, after the character already became popular or even in a reboot.
  • You can, of course, send in any character you would like to see but keep in mind that if you send in a character that does not have any powers or gadgets there is a chance that they would become a Vanilla. So do not expect Aunt May to be swinging around New York City as a Vigilante in this game.
  • You can check out the following links to see what he has worked on and which characters he has created.
Stan Lee's Bibliography
Characters created by Stan Lee
Of course, with this game having you guys sending in characters it would take a little while for me to start this game after sign-ups are closed, I will try to create all roles and send out the role pms as fast as I can but this will take a day or two. I hope you'll stay tuned.

Stan Lee has worked on both heroes and villains during his career so the alignment of these characters will be randomized, that way you can have very interesting team-ups happen like Captain America working together with Red Skull against Spider-Man working together with the Vulture and Doctor Octopus.

I encourage everyone to sign up of course but just checking this out to honour the great man himself is also appreciated. I want everyone to be able to show their appreciation for Stan Lee's work so there won't be a maximum player limit.

Now without further ado, let's read the rules and get this underway. Excelsior!
  1. Forum Rules and The War Room Rules always apply.
  2. Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours, but these may be shortened at the host's discretion if the length is redundant. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes and actions at :00 cound, those at :01 don't. If the host is sure that they won't be able to update, they may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
  3. Please be active. You may be subbed out if you haven't made a game-relevant action for 72 hours. If no sub is available to take your place, or you keep not performing game-relevant actions for the next 72 hours, you may be modkilled. The aforementioned deadlines may be shortened on the host(s)' discretion, in case where waiting for that long would disrupt game integrity too much.
  4. Nameclaiming is not allowed but Roleclaiming is.
  5. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host. This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
  6. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host.
  7. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: <PLAYER>". A tie in the plurality of votes will result in no Lynch.
  8. Rules are subject to change. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.
  9. No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
  10. Outside communication (that is, communication that is not provided by the hosts) is not permitted.
  11. After dying in the game, you may post more but said posts may not contain game-relevant information. Please avoid posting more than once or posting pointlessly.
  12. If the game has reached a stalemate state either by accident or by players intentionally idling kills, it will end as a tie for the parties involved.
  13. To show that you have read the rules, please share your favourite comic, movie, game or anything that Stan Lee has worked on.
  14. This game will probably be considered bastard, this is not yet known due to the host not yet knowing the roles.
  15. The most important rule. Have fun!

Players:
  1. @AussieEevee
  2. @MegaPod
  3. @noworry
  4. @Officer Snake

Subs:
Host: @CheffOfGames
MoD: @Elieson
Informed Observer: @Magnificent Entertainer, @Wispy Willow & @Max1996

Last edited:
Same as Engie - I don't really feel like participating in this one*, but I'd still like to sit back and enjoy whatever-the-heck kind of game/homage you end up creating, Cheff. Put me down as an informed observer.

*Though that may change at a later time...

*Whispers* Two players doesn't make a game.
I’d love to play, but we all saw how well that went down with TWR Awards Mafia.

I take pride that Stan Lee was also Jewish, and his contributions to the marvel universe, especially the X-Men and the Hulk have had major impacts on my life. But I just can’t play mafia right now. :(

I’d love to play, but we all saw how well that went down with TWR Awards Mafia.

You weren't to blame. @Ereshkigal outplayed us all. And that certain mafia power that we won't mention messed with @Elieson's ability to plan (Which is why I was facing the chopping block at one point)

Eresh is to TWR18 as you were to Build It.

But I just can’t play mafia right now.
Certainly up to you. I just think that you did pretty well in TWR18, and were definitely not at fault.

You weren't to blame. @Ereshkigal outplayed us all. And that certain mafia power that we won't mention messed with @Elieson's ability to plan (Which is why I was facing the chopping block at one point)

I can't set up an exploitable plan to crush mafia, if I'm a M.o.D. :)

I'm signed up for two other mafias already. I'm at my max for being a main player in a mafia.

Not sure how much it helps, but I'd like to join.

Now, I'm honestly not a big DC nor Marvel fan. That being said I do admire Stan Lee and his work, especially as someone who loves comics. I've read some of his work but the one I remember best is a book my older cousin owns called How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way.

Archiving this thread due to not having enough sign ups in time. Even though it was meant as a special game, feel free to put it back in the queue later if you feel like it.
Stan Lee will not be forgotten.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom