• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Standard Form or Template for Gym Leaders?

Zeta

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Anyone else thing that maybe we could standardize the Gym Leader/Elite 4 pages? Not neccessarily as rigidly as the Pokemon or Moves articles or anything, but looking at the pages we have now, it's all a tad disorganized. Erika's page looks nothing like Brock's, Brock's page looks nothing like Morty's - etc etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking something along the lines of:
1. Overview
* General information (Region, Town, Badge, Type speciality)

2.A Anime Bio
2.B Anime Pokemon

3.A Game Bio/Information
3.B Game Pokemon

4.A Pokemon Special Bio
4.B Pokemon Special Pokemon

5.A TCG-Related Info for the Gym sets.

6.A Other appearences (Degenki Pikachu, Pocket Monsters manga, whatever)

Anyone have any other suggestions, or ideas? It's just when you have characters who have appear in the manga, cards, anime, and games - and all versions being at least slightly different from eachother - it might save everyone a lot of headaches to set a standard format.

Alright, cool. Obviously this complicated format isn't required for the poor Orange Crew, eh? :p It's going to be pretty annoying listing the teams for the Hoenn rematches. But aside from that, I think it will work. Check out Misty, Brock, and Lt. Surge's pages to see my new format.

Also, when you mention a pokemon's name for the first time on a page, please link the pokemon to the pokedex. Like so:

{{p|Mudkip}}

Just had to edit Brock's entry because you didn't link them when you first mention. When you first mention a character, Pokemon or place, you link them to their correct page. Doesn't matter if it hasn't been made.

L_X

Edit: Also when making the games in the headlines PLEASE put "Pokémon" next to the games. It looks more professional.

Last edited:
Also, when you mention a pokemon's name for the first time on a page, please link the pokemon to the pokedex. Like so:

{{p|Mudkip}}

Just had to edit Brock's entry because you didn't link them when you first mention. When you first mention a character, Pokemon or place, you link them to their correct page. Desn't matter if it hasn't been made.

I thought that Pokemon owned by major anime characters weren't going to be linked to the PokeDex - they're supposed to be linked to pages specifically for that character's Pokemon? Like "Brock's Mudkip"? Not regular old Mudkip. You'll notice that Brock's Forrtress does not link to "Forretress (Pokemon)", for instance.

Edit: Also when making the games in the headlines PLEASE put "Pokémon" next to the games. It looks more professional.

It may look more professional, but it stretches out the screen.

Doesn't stretch the screen to me. Might want to change your screen resolution.

L_X

Edit: And some pokemon weren't even linked. That's what I was talking about.

Last edited:
Well, I finished the bios for all of the Generation I Gym Leaders. Well, mostly. Feel free to edit, add, embelish, and all that.

Mostly, feel free to add pictures from the anime or Sugimori art. :p I don't know where to get those.

The TCG sections on all of them needs to be covered (but the TCG section in the Bulbapedia is already lacking), it would problably be for the best if everyone made sure that their Pokemon owned in Pokemon Special and the anime are all correct. I have files on all the Gym Leaders, but all of their Pokemon are lumped together. So often I don't know if they had a Pokemon in Special, in the anime, or in both. So, yeah.

And I'm not the utmost expert on the manga, so their manga bios could use looking over.

Also, their Japanese names in actual Japanese could use filling in and translations. And the voice actors for about half of them need to be noted.

So yeah - not entirely done, but completeish. :p

Too bad Woopert's been MIA lately, considering that 90% of the most wanted pages are all Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom