• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Standard Rules Battles Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Feb. 28, 2010! SharKing's Battle Thread! [Battling Luiie]

Good game, Luiie!

Grape Drink, you're next. (As the first post said, I'm not recording...)

Edit: There's that dang KARP of MURDER again...

Edit 2: I could have T-Bolted, but I was afraid of Electivire.

Last edited:
Re: Feb. 28, 2010! SharKing's Battle Thread! [Battling Grape Drink]

That's why I use Electivire, just to scare T-bolters, even when I don't have him.

Re: Feb. 28, 2010! SharKing's Battle Thread! [Battling Grape Drink]

I don't think I'll win the VaporEye stall war.

Edit: Well, I won VaporEye, but at 1-3, I'm doomed.

Edit 2: Good game, Grape Drink. I expected my Sableye to go down quicker...

Last edited:
Re: Feb. 28, 2010! SharKing's Battle Thread! [Awaiting A Challenge]

Since the time for battles has apparently passed today, I'll have to close early. I appreciate the battles I already had.

If any mods see this, please close for me. Thanks in advance.

Anyone playing VGC yet?

Anyone playing VGC style rules practicing?

Re: Anyone playing VGC yet?

2010 rules?

No, I'm still trying to put a team together.

I just watched a bunch of VGC rules battles, looked pretty stupid. Am I missing something?

The 2009 ones were pretty much just OU double battles with only 4 pokemon per team and level restrictions (has the effect of banning a few pokemon and moves).

I think these are the 2010 rules...
POKEMON VGC 2010 RULES:

1. Double Battle

2. 4 pokemon in a battle

3. Pokemon lv. 1 through lv 100 are allowed (!)

4. If the pokemon are above lv. 50, the game will auto level them down to lv. 50 for the battle. Moves will stay intact during the auto leveling. If a pokemon is under lv. 50, no change is made.

5. No two of the same pokemon can be used (species clause)

6. Item Clause is on, Soul Dew is banned.

7. BANNED POKEMON ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys (all forms)
Fione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

8. You may use UP TO TWO UBERS PER TEAM(probably means Team Sheet as well). This means that you cannot have a team like Kyogre/Palkia/Dialga/Mewtwo. Ubers are considered to be:

Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina

9. Any other pokemon may be used (this includes Tyranitar and all Rotom forms!)

I think its the only format that has tournements IRL.

Last edited:

I don't know if I want to do the vgc this year beciase of the new rules that you can use ubers, but I might start some team for it now

Theyre pretty much just OU double battles with only 4 pokemon per team and level restrictions (has the effect of banning a few pokemon and moves).

I'll find the rules and paste them here...

I think its the only format that has tournements IRL.

That's what I thought too until I saw that Kyogre, Groudon, Palkia, Giratina, Dialga, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-oh and Latios were allowed.

Troggy said:
That's what I thought too until I saw that Kyogre, Groudon, Palkia, Giratina, Dialga, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-oh and Latios were allowed.

Sorry, I meant the 2009 rules. I edited my post above.

Sorry, I meant the 2009 rules. I edited my post above.

Yeah, so that still interests you? Uber weatherfest? The one good thing I noticed is that Ludicolo suddenly becomes pretty useful. Has attacks to KO Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Maybe breeding some Lotad was a good idea after all.

Troggy said:
Yeah, so that still interests you? Uber weatherfest?

Haha, you make a good point.

I guess all I can say is that I found playing VGC 2009 rules pretty fun, so I'm willing to give the 2010 rules a chance. I also think it would be kinda fun to go to an IRL tournement. I have an idea to deal with auto weather, I just haven't gotten the team together to try it.

Haha, you make a good point.

I guess all I can say is that I found playing VGC 2009 rules pretty fun, so I'm willing to give the 2010 rules a chance. I also think it would be kinda fun to go to an IRL tournement. I have an idea to deal with auto weather, I just haven't gotten the team together to try it.

Yeah, last years rules didn't look bad. This time it seems like you are at a disadvantage if you don't have a lot of great Ubers to choose from.

Troggy said:
Yeah, last years rules didn't look bad. This time it seems like you are at a disadvantage if you don't have a lot of great Ubers to choose from.

I see what you're saying, but you could make that argument for pretty much any format.

At least its restricted to ubers obtainable in-game in gen 3/4.

I see what you're saying, but you could make that argument for pretty much any format.

At least its restricted to ubers obtainable in-game in gen 3/4.

Yeah, I see the reasoning behind it. I'm sure I could hunt down some RNG'd Palkia/Dialga/Giratina if I really had to. If you start testing in this format let me know how it's going! I have no experience with double battles so I wouldn't even know where to start (except I still need to catch my Kyogre in Emerald).

Need new battles for YouTube

I'm looking for people to battle that I haven't battled before to put up on YouTube. Standard rules, lv100

Re: Need new battles for YouTube

if we can do battle factory I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom