• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Murder Mystery-Endgame (22/7/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulmaster

Notification King 1111
Reaction score
Sorry, no fun banner this time.

It was a normal morning on Deep Space Nine. Everyone was on their way to their work when all of a sudden a shriek was heard. A hurried call was put in to Security but it did not stop the rumors from spreading. Someone had killed Quark, and no one was to be trusted.​

Welcome to the newest version of Murder Mystery hosted by yours truly, and the latest game in my Star Trek Mafia series. I hope everything will go smoothly so without further ado let's begin.

Rules and Mechanics:

There are 9 suspects: Captain Sisko, Major Kira, Odo, Garak, Lieutenant Dax, Doctor Bashir, Rom, Worf, and Chief O'Brien

There are 9 Weapons: Phaser, Hypospray, D'k tahg, Rope, Romulan Ale, Bar Stool, Airlock, Transporter, and Ferengi Locator Bomb

There are 9 Rooms: Operations(Ops), Quark's Bar, the Infirmary, Security, Promenade, Garak's Tailoring, the Bajoran Temple, Guest Quarters, and Cargo Bay C

This Mystery Game’s mechanics are close to the Clue/Cluedo game’s mechanics. If you know the board game, you’ll have a better understanding.

1. When the game is about to start, I will randomly pick from each category to create an answer – who murdered, with which weapon, and where the murder took place. This leaves eight innocent suspects, eight weapons, and eight rooms not related to the murder.

2. There will be eight players. Each player will be given one of the eight names, one of the eight weapons, and one of the eight rooms that weren't related to the murder.

3. Each turn, the players will either choose to move to a different area, make a suggestion or an accusation. Moving to an area and a Suggestion are done by sending a private message to the host. An accusation needs to be posted in the public thread.

4. When in an area, a player can submit a suggestion, consisting of a suspect’s name, a weapon, and the area. If there were any clues that were unrelated to the murder out of the three, host will reply with one of the clues.

5. When disapproving a suggestion with a clue, the host will run down the clues that other players have in a certain order. The order will be decided after everyone has signed up.

6. If a suggestion was disapproved, the player must move to a different area in the next Turn.

7. If a player makes a formal accusation, they must be in the area in which they think the murder took place.
The formal accusation must be stated as a post in the public thread. The host will then say if the accusation was right or wrong. If the accusation is wrong, the player will be eliminated from the game and the clues they had will be distributed randomly among the remaining players. There’s only one chance, so use the chance wisely.

8. Each turn takes 48 hours. A turn will end at 10 PM CST.

9. I will eliminate players if they do not send in an action for two phases in a row. The clues they had will be randomly distributed among the remaining players.
Basically all you’d need to do at each turn is send me a Private Message for your next move, or make a post if you wish to make a formal accusation. There’s not much activity required to play this game. Please sign up only if you can maintain this minimal activity.

10. Discussion among players to find clues is fine, but all game-related talk has to be done within the game thread.

Players:
1) @Elementar
2) @Pika_pika42
3) @Rainbow Cloud
4) @FinalArcadia
5) @jdthebud
6) @CheffOfGames
7) @Slife
8) @Mintaka

MoD: @Zexy

Disproving Order:
CheffofGames
Mintaka
jdthebud
Slife
FinalArcadia
Elementar
Pika_pika42
Rainbow Cloud
CheffofGames

Let the games begin!

Last edited:
I'm interested, but don't fully understand the suggestion/disproving mechanic. Can you give an example?

Can I be an informed observer?
No. I don't like informed observers in my games, it is a variable that I can't control so if anything were to be given away, even on accident. Just not a situation I want to get into.
I'm interested, but don't fully understand the suggestion/disproving mechanic. Can you give an example?
Sure. So with a suggestion, let's say I guess "Worf in Ops with a Phaser." From there I will look at the next person in order, let's say Zexy. If he has either Worf, Ops, or the Phaser in the clues he was given at the start of the game, you will be told one of them. That way you know that that specific card is not part of the final solution. Does that help clear it up or should I try and phrase it differently.

Also a note to everyone:
In a few hours I will be leaving for vacation for the next week. I will have limited internet access and do not want to send out roles and phase updates while mobile. So, this game will not start until Saturday Night, just under a week from now. Sorry for this, but that is how everything worked out.

Also if much more interested is had, I can either expand this game or have two concurrent(if mods agree, should be about the same length of time)

No, one of each category will be the answer. Also, in please, I love myself a game of Clue.
Actually, I double-checked in the Queue thread, and it should be nine.

Time to get back to hosting, this time with a Non-Mafia.
Something that was in the thoughts for almost 3 years according to the last time the document was saved, however was mostly scrapped and special rule didn't quite pan out so back to normal kind of game.
I present Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Murder Mystery. It will be a 9 player Murder Mystery.

gotta keep that tie for most contributed with Enzap hosting all of the boss battles

I screwed up when I said how many players at the queuing. I realized my mistake when I copied rules over. So yes, 8 players is correct.

I screwed up when I said how many players at the queuing. I realized my mistake when I copied rules over. So yes, 8 players is correct.
Wait, hold on a minute...If there are 9 suspects, one of which is randomly chosen to be the killer, shouldn't there be 9 players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom