• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Star Trek Mafia [Game End: Town wins!] (Epilogue Finished)

1. Did you enjoy playing the game?
  2. Did you enjoy reading the flavor (keeping in mind that there will be more after I return from Michigan)?
  3. Was the game balanced?
  4. What would you have changed about the game?
  5. Do you have any advice or thoughts for the other players, or the hosts, moving forward?
  6. Would you play another Zachie or Star Trek Mafia game in the future?
  7. Kirk or Picard
  1. No
  2. No. Heavily town sided. I’m surprised we didn’t lose three phases earlier.
  3. Claiming. I tried to hint at being a bomb a few times in the game, but it never saved me.
  4. Not if it is the reboot movies.
  5. Archer and Sisko.

It’s been established that Neighborizer isn’t alignment indicative and can’t be used to 100% clear anyone.
Yeah. But it’s me. And I went for caps so this game would have been easy with claims. Except for me being targeted for being me. I swear I’m going to just lynch AE day one all the time now.

@Soulmaster Not my finest move. Real sorry about that.

@Zachie I did have a lot of fun playing this game but the only input I will give at this moment is that I understand how you were trying to use no claims as a way to balance out OC, but given a choice between two games, one with no claims/OC and the other with NOC, I would much rather play in a game with NOC. Separately from that I don't think I'll play another no claims game again for the forseeable future. Good game though, pretty good balance tbh (I wouldn't call spy an investigative role necessarily) and the flavor was enjoyable.

Epilogue: One Q Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Epilogue: One Q Over The Cuckoo's Nest

"Splendid, splendid," said a voice from thin air.
Q appeared, in his Starfleet Captain's uniform, clapping his hands.
"Well done!" said the all powerful being, "you have won our little contest!"
Trelane appeared next to Q, looking a little sulky.
He sighed, and stood up straight, smiling.
"Indeed," he said, "that was truly a magnificent spectacle, and certainly a glorious campaign."

Admiral Christopher Pike glared at the duo of superbeings.
"That's all you have to say for yourselves?!" he demanded, "everyone else is dead except for Chekov! How many lives need to be lost for your perverse entertainment?!"

Trelane pulled out his saber and examined its sheen.
"Well, we did warn you of the dangers of this particular trial before it began," he said, "the bloodshed was hardly our fault."
"On the contrary," interjected Chekov, "you Cossacks didn't give us a choice about participating in this butchery."
Q wagged his finger.
"Now, now," he said, "that isn't technically true."
"Oh, right," snorted the Russian, sarcastically, "our choice was either to participate or you vould kill all our shipmates."
"Hardly a choice at all," added Pike, "and that does make you responsible for the bloodshed."
"Not at all, my good man," countered Trelane, who was now filing his nails with the blade of his saber, "we merely stated that you should use whatever methods that you deemed necessary in order to vanquish your enemies. You were the ones who chose to utilize lethal force."
"We had to use lethal force," said the admiral, "our enemies weren't going to pull any punches, so we needed to make sure they were eliminated entirely."
"...besides," said Chekov, somewhat quietly, "our opponents were all already dead. We killed them in previous conflicts."
"Well, he was killed in a previous conflict," said Trelane, rather bluntly, pointing at Pike, "so I can kill him again with no repercussions."
"That's not what-" began the navigator, but he was cutoff by Pike putting a hand on his shoulder.
"It's okay, son," said the Admiral, smiling sadly, "he's right. I don't belong here. I'm dead."
"But Admiral," started Chekov.
"My time's been up for a while, now," Pike said, "I'm just glad that I got to see the wonderful people you all grew up to be...I'm just sorry that their lives were all cut short for the sake of this charade."
The Starfleet Admiral turned to the pair of superbeings.
"I'm ready," he said, "send me back."

Q materialized a handkerchief from thin air and dabbed at his eyes.
"You've moved me to tears, my dear admiral," he said, blowing his nose.
Trelane turned to his companion, and snorted.
"Don't tell me you've been suckered in by this twaddle, Q," he scoffed.

The handkerchief immediately disappeared, and Q was all smiles again.
"No," he confessed, "but, much as I hate to admit it, Pike has a point."
"And what would that be?" asked the Squire.
"Meddling in the affairs of mortal beings can be amusing, to be sure," said Q, "but there does come a point when things are taken too far."
"Surely you jest!" exclaimed Trelane, guffawing, "the great Q, scourge of the universe and well known intergalactic mischief maker, is now lecturing me on taking things too far."
Q patted Trelane's head.
"You're young," he said, "you'll learn. Sometimes, we need to learn to leave well enough alone."

Q turned back to Pike.
"Alright," he said, "we will restore things to how they were before we encountered the Enterprise. You'll be dead, the villains will be dead, but Kirk and his officers will be alive again."
"Thank you," said Pike.
He turned to Chekov.
"Well, I guess this is goodbye, again," he said, and smiled, "for what it's worth, you've all made me very proud."

"I think I'm going to retch," said Trelane.
"Seconded," said Q, "let's just get this over with."

With a snap of Q's fingers, and a flourish of Trelane's hand, the station vanished, and time itself reversed.

Captain's Log, Star Date 2263.5: After successfully completing our test run of the Enterprise-A, we have returned to completing our five year mission and exploring the final frontier. The break between defeating Krall and the completion of the Enterprise-A has given my crew the well needed and deserved chance to rest on the Yorktown. The Enterprise had been dispatched to the planet Deneb IV at the request of Admiral Robert April, since Starfleet has observed some subspace distortion coming from the planet, but Starfleet has reported that the anomaly has passed, and we've resumed our previous course...straight into the unknown.

Q and Trelane floated in the aether, observing Kirk and his crew navigating their way to the Mutara sector.
Q turned his metaphorical gaze to Trelane.
"By the way," he broadcasted into the aether, "don't think I didn't notice your dirty trick at the beginning of the trial."
Trelane shrank back a little, but was curious.
"If you knew about it, why did you let the contest resume?" broadcasted the younger alien.
"Simple, my dear boy," broadcasted Q, "I am omniscient. I knew that, even with your interference, my team would still win."
"Trickery and treachery!" broadcasted Trelane, "I have been swindled!"
Q laughed.
"Don't try to bullshit a bullshitter," he broadcasted.
Dear Magnificent Entertainer,
latest

Trelane said:
I'll fix you for that! You cheated! You haven't played the game right, I'll show you!

You are General Trelane, retired, also known as The Squire of Gothos. An all powerful entity with a fascination for humanity and the savagery in their bloodline. In the Prime universe, you encounter the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 during its five year mission, and kidnap the Captain as well as several other bridge officers, for your own amusement.
Omnipotent though you may be, you are certainly not very bright, and Captain Kirk outwits you, allowing him and his crew to escape.
Furious, you pursue the Enterprise and attempt to execute Kirk, but your parents step in, revealing that, for all your power and your abilities, you are just a child throwing a temper tantrum.

In this game, you are the Host. You have made a wager with Q with all of creation at stake, betting that mortal being's evil is stronger than its good, and you will stop at nothing to win the wager. As the flavor writer of the game, you control every single aspect of the story, and act as the omniscient narrator, literally bending reality to your will. Since it's your game, you cannot possibly lose, so you win no matter what happens.
Dear Zachie,
latest

Q said:
Thou art notified that thy kind has infiltrated the galaxy too far already. Thou art directed to return to thine own solar system immediately.

You are Q, the best letter of the Roman alphabet, and an intergalactic mischief maker. You are omnipotent and omniscient and have acted as a foil and adversary to several Starfleet officers. You first arrived to judge humanity, testing out the Federation starship USS Enterprise NCC-1701D, under the command of Jean-Luc Picard, and you proceeded to torment him and his crew throughout their five year mission. You've also caused a lot of trouble to other lesser species, to the point where you were once banished from your home, the Q Continuum, and stripped of your powers. Nonetheless, you got back into the Continuum's good graces, and, eventually, became a more responsible individual, even fathering and raising a son, though he seemed to have turned into a troublemaker, much like yourself.

In this game, you are the Host. You have made a wager with Trelane with all of creation at stake, surprisingly taking the side that mortal being's good is stronger than its evil. Unlike Trelane, you do not feel the need to interfere with your experiment, as you knew the outcome right from the start. As the creator of the game, you control all of the character's abilities and powers, allowing them to fulfill their roles in the story. Since you already know the outcome of the game, you know that you've already won...so congratulations on your victory.

Back
Top Bottom