• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Star Trek Mafia [Game End: Town wins!] (Epilogue Finished)

Endgame: Chekov's Gun

Parissong II (Caps, Ex)

TheCapsFan has activated Hyper Majority.

Endgame: Chekov's Gun

Khan approached the physics defying generator, a look of satisfaction in his his. This was the moment he had waited his whole life for. He was finally about to overcome the one obstacle that even genetic engineering couldn't cure, death itself. All he needed to do was learn the secrets of this power source, and immortality and omnipotence would be his.

Still in his delusional state, Pavel Chekov ran down yet another corridor of the seemingly endless station.

Admiral Pike had given up on trying to chase Chekov, and instead decided to try find somebody else. It was disconcerting how empty the station felt. Almost as if everyone else had already died. A chill crept up Pike's spine that had nothing to do with the station's temperature. Something was about to happen. Something big.

An instant before Khan's fingers came into contact with the generator, the great station pulsed, continuing its erratic heartbeat. As the station beat, the corridors rearranged themselves.
Suddenly, Chekov and Pike were right outside the power plant's door. The Ensign snagged Pike's phaser and dashed into the generator room, with the phaser leveled in front of him. Khan barely had time to look up before he was shot with full power at point blank range. The Mighty Khan was no more...

Hello Officer Snake,

You are Khan! You are an enhanced human, and were considered a Genocidal Tyrant and therefore frozen in cryogenic stasis. You were revived by Admiral Marcus and used to design ships.

You are the Godfather Rolecop. You are the Boss of the Mafia, and any checks against you will come up as Town. You can check one person per night & you will learn their role.

You are allied with the Mafia and therefore win when all other threats have been eliminated.

Please confirm your role in-game, and good luck!

Admiral Pike walked in to the power room, confused.
"...what just happened?" he asked.
"This station is like a liwing thing," explained Chekov, who had somehow managed to reason this all out while drunk and delusional, "when the station beat like a heart, the hallways vould reconfigure themselves. That's how, despite the large size of the station, we were always either finding exactly what we needed at any giwen moment, or always bumping into each other."
"But why didn't we notice this?" wondered Pike.
"It's simple," said Chekov, "after a while, we got so used to the station pulsing that we just didn't notice it happening, but it was. That's how you could newer quite seem to catch up to me. Our glorious hosts decided it would be best for dramatic effects if ve veren't reunited until the last minute."

Pike looked around hopefully, but was immediately crestfallen.
"...we're the only ones here," he remarked, "does that mean..."
"Unfortunately, most likely yes," replied Chekov, "if there vas anybody else alive, the Cossacks Q and Trelane vould have probably arranged for them to be here as vell."
"...so we won," sighed Pike, "but at what cost?"

Town has won! Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to the Town for a well fought battle and a spectacular come back!

Congratulations to Zachie for completing his first game as a host, and for a rather unique set of rules that, surprisingly, kept the game pretty well balanced.

While there were a couple of hitches and snags along the way, I think everything worked out relatively well at the end.

So, time for questions:

1. Did you enjoy playing the game?
  2. Did you enjoy reading the flavor (keeping in mind that there will be more after I return from Michigan)?
  3. Was the game balanced?
  4. What would you have changed about the game?
  5. Do you have any advice or thoughts for the other players, or the hosts, moving forward?
  6. Would you play another Zachie or Star Trek Mafia game in the future?
  7. Kirk or Picard? the wrong answer will get you modkilled.

Thank you to everyone for playing, and thank you to Zachie for an excellent debut into Mafia hosting!
:bulbaLove:

AAAAAAA

2. Did you enjoy reading the flavor (keeping in mind that there will be more after I return from Michigan)?
  5. Do you have any advice or thoughts for the other players, or the hosts, moving forward?
  1. Yes!
  2. Not gonna lie, I'm not that into Star Trek so I prolly missed quite a few references. But seemed like a very well written flavor.
  3. Oof, it's kinda hard to tell. Town being inactive at the start makes me wonder about the potential of some roles.
  4. Claims pls. People will always try to find ways to circumvent no claims rules, I believe putting some modifiers is more effective to make people afraid to hint their roles than a rule disabling that.
  5. Players: be active. Host: Ayy, nice game; be careful with wording, those can cause chaos pretty easily.
  6. Sure! Would love to!
  7. uuh, ME is always the answer.

Good fight from the scum team after my lynch. Good job town for sniffing us out.

Thank you to everyone for playing, and thank you to Zachie for an excellent debut into Mafia hosting!
  1. Yes! Though I wish I could have had more time to commit to the game earlier on.
  2. So far so good! I just finish TNG so it better be as good as Season 4, ME!
  3. I think so. The scum roles didn't really come into play very much since Godfather became useless early and Rolecop didn't find much.
  4. The no claim rule was kind of weird. Maybe it just needed to be explained better since we weren't sure what was allowed or not - did results count as claims, or not? Stuff like that.
  5. See above regarding the rules. Otherwise, more active players is always helps, though I obviously shouldn't be throwing stones here.
  6. Yes! I think a more role madness version based on Star Trek could be great, especially if it's tailored to a specific series.
  7. Picard.

OMG yesss, we won! Congratulations fellow Townies! I can’t believe I trusted AussieEevee!
  7. Kirk or Picard? the wrong

Yes.

I love it.

I think yes. It was a pretty close game!

No claims were torturrrrre aaaaack

^

Absolutely.

Jean-Luc Picard, that wasn’t hard

How the hell did y'all manage to pull this off. I did not think that y'all would be able to, ask ME, we were very skeptical. But great job!

Also screw you Caps, love ya but screw you for lynching me.

7. Kirk or Picard? th
  1. Yes
  2. Still have to read it.
  3. With the no claim rule it felt more mafia sided since the rule made some roles obsolete.
  4. Me dying.
  5. Please make sure to make roles super clear in the future. Seriously redirect and deflector sound exactly the same with the description.
  6. Even though I’ll probably die in the early phases, absolutely.
  7. ME

Incredibly well-played by Town at the end there. Despite not being able to properly claim, you still did an incredibly good job of sorting things out. Far better than I'd expected you to be able to with the no-claims rule.

Seriously though @Zachie, what was the point of a neighbouriser in an OC game?

Congratulations to the Town for a well fought battle and a spectacular come back!

Congratulations to Zachie for completing his first game as a host, and for a rather unique set of rules that, surprisingly, kept the game pretty well balanced.

While there were a couple of hitches and snags along the way, I think everything worked out relatively well at the end.

So, time for questions:

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. It was good, so I wouldn't change much
  5. Not really
  6. Sure, why not?
  7. I don't know?

In a game with no claims it grants the neighbourizer a guaranteed town stamp
No it doesn't? Neighbouriser is also a reasonably common mafia role. If you mean that it host confirms the player as Town to the target then that's a different role. "Friendly Neighbour", not "Neighbouriser".

No it doesn't? Neighbouriser is also a reasonably common mafia role. If you mean that it host confirms the player as Town to the target then that's a different role. "Friendly Neighbour", not "Neighbouriser".
As far as my research went it said neighbourizers were more often pro-town so a mafia aligned one seemed more bastard ‍♂️ I never came across any mention of a "friendly neighbour" but that's not what I meant anyway. In my head neighbourizer recruits, then they can confirm or deny (mafioso gotta mafia) that person being town.

As far as my research went it said neighbourizers were more often pro-town so a mafia aligned one seemed more bastard ‍♂ I never came across any mention of a "friendly neighbour" but that's not what I meant anyway. In my head neighbourizer recruits, then they can confirm or deny (mafioso gotta mafia) that person being town.
iirc a neighborizer that is confirmed town has a special name. Mason, I think?

oh, wait, you mean like a mini-cop. Well, I guess a mason recruiter would fail upon targeting a scum?

As far as my research went it said neighbourizers were more often pro-town so a mafia aligned one seemed more bastard ‍♂ I never came across any mention of a "friendly neighbour" but that's not what I meant anyway. In my head neighbourizer recruits, then they can confirm or deny (mafioso gotta mafia) that person being town.
I'm not really sure where that "pro-town" logic is coming from. It's pro-whoever has it, because whether you're town or scum the ability to say/do things with only one or two people knowing is a powerful tool (as the OC in this game will prove).
You can also claim to be Town simply by making a normal OC convo, so I'm not sure what that point's about.
Like, don't get me wrong, you still made a great game, very well balanced, the Neighbouriser was just an odd touch that I didn't quite understand given the rest of the rules.

iirc a neighborizer that is confirmed town has a special name. Mason, I think?

oh, wait, you mean like a mini-cop. Well, I guess a mason recruiter would fail upon targeting a scum?
Yeah, either fail or death is the way it tends to go.

Back
Top Bottom