• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Star Trek Mafia [Game End: Town wins!] (Epilogue Finished)

Game Start: A Cosmic Wager
    Reaction score

Welcome to Star Trek Mafia! Hosted by yours truly & @Magnificent Entertainer, moderated by @Lone_Garurumon. Be nice to me while I host my first game & enjoy, please!

Two beings floated around the cosmos, engaged in a battle of wits far beyond the comprehension of mere mortals. For the sake of flavor, though, lets use the analogy of 3D chess.

"Your move, Trelane," said Q, after advancing a pawn to King's Level 6.
    The self-proclaimed Squire of Gothos examined the board for a moment, before mirroring his adversary's move.
    Q chuckled.
    "Again with the mirror tricks," he sighed, leaning back in his metaphorical chair, "you'll never win with those paltry tactics. You may as well concede!"
    "Fiendish cur!" snarled Trelane, "you play a coward's game!"
    "A coward?" said Q, feigning offense, "Moi?"
    "You fear getting your hands dirty, so you engage in these thought exercises instead of fisticuffs," countered the ruffle-wearing being.
    "Now, now, Trelane," said Q, "mucking about with the universe can have disastrous consequences."
    "Stuff and nonsense!" exclaimed Trelane, standing and upsetting the chess board, and drawing his sword, "I challenge you to a gentlemen's duel, you yellow-bellied snake!"
    Q sighed, and rubbed his temples, where he was starting to develop a headache. He hated babysitting.
    "Sit down, junior," said the omnipotent being, materializing a desk, just to prop his feet up on it.
    Trelane slapped Q's feet off the desk, and slapped him in the face with his riding gloves.
    "On your feet, you poltroon!" he shouted.
    Sighing once again, Q stood up. A menacing look in his eyes.
    "Fine, Trelane," he said, looking quite bored, "we'll play your little game."
    "Splendid!" declared the Squire, clapping his hands delightedly "we shall perform a little experiment, you and I, to determine which is more powerful. Good or evil."
    "What do good and evil mean to beings such as us?" countered Q, folding his arms, "they are mere constructs that lesser lifeforms use to dictate their insignificant actions before their finite existence ceases."
    "Precisely!" proclaimed Trelane, "we will use lesser beings as our lab rats for this experiment. I know you're particularly fond of tormenting one in particular."
    "Let's leave Jean-Luc out of this one," said Q, "he already knows of my existence, so his reactions to the test would be worthless."
    "Very well," said Trelane, pompously waving one of his hands, "it matters little to me which rats we put into our maze."
    "What are the stakes for this little game of yours?" wondered Q.
    "Oh just trivialities, mere trifles," waving his hand once again, "bragging rights, and the ability to freely meddle with the universe as the winner sees fit without the interference of the other."
    Q raised an eyebrow, intrigued despite himself.
    "Very well," he said, "I accept your stakes, but once the experiment has begun, neither of us can interfere without forfeiting the wager."
    "We have a deal," agreed Trelane, extending his hand.
    Q shook the proffered appendage.

"Then let the games...begin," the all powerful being said, raising an eyebrow.

With a snap of the fingers, the duo disappeared.

Rules
    1. All War Room & Forum Rules also apply. tl;dr don't be a dick, and play to win.
    2. Outside communication is allowed, but make sure that myself, @Magnificent Entertainer and @Lone_Garurumon is included.
    3. No claims of any kind are allowed.
    4. If you change your username during the game ensure you tag myself, @Magnificent Entertainer and @Lone_Garurumon with the new & old name.
    5. All action submissions, be they day or night must be submitted & amended before the deadline. If they're even 1 second late, they will not be counted.
    6. Remain active. If you don't make any posts or actions for an entire day/night cycle you will either be subbed or modkilled.
    7. Day phases will be 48 hours, and night phases 24 hours unless specifically told otherwise.
    8. All lynch options (including No Lynch) may be hammered via Hyper-Majority. Hammers are effective immediately. A Hyper-Majority will occur after 66%, rounded up, of the total players alive that target the one outcome.
    9. If there is a draw the outcome will be decided via RNG, therefore draws will not result in no lynch.
    10. The hosts will announce when special conditions such as MYLO or LYLO will be active.
    11. No loophole abuse or finding.
    12. The hosts may change the rules. If this occurs, it will be clearly displayed by the hosts.
    13. Vote with this structure VOTE: Lone_Garurumon. You can unvote with the same structure by using UNVOTE: Zachie or UNVOTE.
    14. We will do our best to have the flavor text ready for the update but at the very minimum, let you know the results and postpone flavor text. Do what you will with the flavor text.
    15. If you have any questions, feel free to ask the hosts! We are here and want to help you understand in-game mechanics and your role!
    16. To show that you’ve read the rules, post a Star Trek GIF.
    Players
    1. @MegaPod - Town Doctor
    2. @Ereshkigal - Town Miller
    3. @Midorikawa - Town Neighbourizer
    4. @Soulmaster - Vanilla Townie
    5. @Officer Snake @Parissong
    6. @AussieEevee - Mafia 1x Strongman Ninja
    7. @Pikochu - Town Cop
    8. @Cyber Wolf @Midorikawa
    9. @WaterBlueMan @Ereshkigal - Town Spy
    10. @jdthebud - Mafia Roleblocker
    11. @TheCapsFan
    12. @ExLight
    Subs

Last edited:
    Night 0: That's My Q
  • Night 0: That's My Q

Captain's Log, Star Date 2263.5: After successfully completing our test run of the Enterprise-A, we have returned to completing our five year mission and exploring the final frontier. The break between defeating Krall and the completion of the Enterprise-A has given my crew the well needed and deserved chance to rest on the Yorktown. We are currently on course for the planet Deneb IV at the request of Admiral Robert April, since Starfleet has observed some subspace distortion coming from the planet. Our mission is to determine the cause of the distortion and, if possible, eliminate it.

Captain James T. Kirk ended his log and looked around the bridge of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A. All around him, his bridge officers were performing their various tasks.
    "Mr. Spock, any further analysis of the data provided by Starfleet about the anomaly?" asked the Captain.
    "No sir," said the science officer, "it's like nothing we've ever seen before."
    "So we're going into this potentially dangerous situation completely blind," pondered Kirk.
    "Just another typical day on the Enterprise," quipped Spock, raising his eyebrow.

Before Jim could answer, the viewscreen blacked out.
    "You know, when I said we were heading in blind, I didn't actually mean turn off the viewscreen," he said, chuckling a bit at the irony of the situation.
    "Sorry, sir," said Hikaru Sulu, "I'm not really sure what happened."
    Captain Kirk thought for a moment, and decided to contact engineering.
    "Kirk to engineering," he said, pushing the button on his command chair, "Scotty, what's going on down there?"
    "I dinna know what you're talking about," the chief engineer said, "fer once, everything is working exactly as it should be. The engines are purring like Tribbles."
    "So there were no power surges or anything?" inquired Spock.
    "Nothing," said Scotty, "all instruments should be functioning perfectly."
    "Then why-" began Kirk, but he was cut off, as Pavel Chekov noticed something.
    "Captain, something is appearing on the wiewscreen!" he exclaimed.

Indeed, a message was appearing, written in old English cursive lettering.

"Greetings and Felicitations!"

"Lt. Uhura, where is that signal coming from?" asked Captain Kirk.
    "Unknown, sir," replied the communications officer, "I'm not receiving any unusual messages over subspace."
    "Then what the devil could be causing this?" wondered Kirk.

The answer arrived in the form of a bizarre man suddenly appearing on the Enterprise bridge. He was garbed in an old Earth-style military uniform, a blue jacket and cloak with gold leaves patterned on it and a white lining; his medals were pinned to the left side of his chest. Underneath was a white shirt with a ruffled collar and sleeves, and he leaned on an ornate saber that he carried in his left hand.

"So, at least we meet again, my dear Captain Kirk," exclaimed the strange being, "after our last encounter, I have long dreamt of my revenge."

Kirk stared at the mysterious entity in front of him, confused, as all the bridge officers turned to look at him.
    "Captain, do you know this man?" asked Mr. Spock.
    "I've never met him before in my life," replied Kirk.

"Come now, Captain," said the dapper individual, "do not insult me, good sir, or you shall make me quite cross."
    "Who are you, and what are you doing on my bridge?" demanded Captain Kirk.
    "Tut, tut, such rude manners, to forget about one such as myself," exclaimed the ruffled gentleman, "I shall have to make you pay for your rudeness."
    "Idiot!" said a voice from thin air, rather condescendingly.

Another man appeared on the bridge of the Enterprise, though this one did so in a blinding flash of light. He too wore a uniform, but, curiously, it had a Starfleet insignia on it, despite not being any uniform that Kirk could recognize. He slapped the first gentleman's head lightly, clearly more a sign of derision than meant to cause actual harm.

"I beg your pardon!" exclaimed the first being.
    "I apologize for my acquaintance's stupidity," said the being in the Starfleet-esque uniform, completely ignoring the outburst, "he can be a little dense sometimes."
    "Do you quarrel, sir?" said the ruffle-wearing alien, drawing his longsword, "be silent, or you shall know my blade."
    "Look around you, Trelane," responded his companion, sighing, "you arrived far too early in the timeline!"
    "What? That's utter tripe!" retorted the one called Trelane, "you've gone daft, Q!"

Trelane turned to Captain Kirk.

"This is this USS Enterprise, NCC-1701A, is it not?" he inquired.
    "...it is," said a baffled Kirk, "but what-"

Before the confused Captain could ask his question, Trelane turned to Q, triumphantly.

"There you have it!" he proclaimed pompously, "when I encountered Kirk and his crew, it was in the original Enterprise. This is the Enterprise-A. Thus I am not too early in the timeline, and you are stark, raving mad good sir!"
    "Nitwit!" said Q, sarcastically, "can't you see this is an alternate universe? In this iteration of the time stream, the Enterprise was destroyed much earlier on!"

As the two all powerful being continued their diatribe on temporal mechanics, timelines, and alternate universes, Captain Kirk decided to take action. He pushed a button on his arm console.
    "Kirk to security, please send a team to the bridge. We have intruders."
    "Acknowledged, sir," came the reply, "they're on their way."
    "Fascinating," Spock said, overhearing the conversation between Q and Trelane, "if I am understanding the situation correctly, these aliens encountered us, or different versions of us, in the alternate timeline that Spock Prime was originally from, but their knowledge of temporal mechanics and the underlying fabric of the universe is incredible. Clearly we are dealing with a highly intelligent race here."

As the conversation between Q and Trelane came to a close, Trelane blushed a deep red, embarrassed by his temporal mix up, but he wasn't going to let Q get away scot-free.

"Oh yeah, Mr. Smartypants," he said, abandoning his old English style of speech due to his temper tantrum, "well, if you're so smart, why are you wearing a uniform from a hundred years in the future!"
    Q looked at him derisively for a moment, and opened his mouth to retort, but thought better of it. He snapped his fingers and, instantly, an easily recognizable Federation Captain's uniform appeared on him, complete with the gold shirt, and rank marking on the sleeves.
    "Such a trivial thing," he said, casually, as the security team entered the bridge through the turbolift.

Kirk gestured to the two aliens, and the security officers closed in.

"Now really, mon capitan," said Q, "is this really necessary? I mean, after all, we haven't even been properly introduced yet."
    "You appeared on my bridge, with neither warning, nor permission, and you have repeatedly ignored my attempts to question you," replied Kirk, "although our mission is to seek out new lifeforms, you two clearly present a danger, and must be dealt with."
    "But this is all such triviality," said Trelane, lifting a hand in a flourish.
    Instantly, the security team was frozen in place.

Kirk pulled out a phaser and fired it at Trelane in retaliation.
    Q snapped his fingers, and the phaser was replaced with a rubber band gun. The rubber band smacked harmlessly against Trelane.
    "Come now, Captain," he said, derisively, "surely you can do better."

Spock approached Kirk.
    "Captain, if these beings meant us any ill, they would have done so already, and we would be powerless to stop it. I find it illogical that their intentions are hostile," he whispered to his commanding officer.
    "That may be true, Spock, but they did incapacitate our security officers," replied the Captain.
    "Only after we attempted to apprehend them," pointed out the Science Officer.
    "What do you suggest we do?" asked Kirk.
    "I propose that we hear out whatever it is they have to say," replied Spock, "and then see what transpires from there."
    Kirk nodded, approvingly.

"All done making your warplans?" asked Trelane, who had a bemused expression on his face.
    "I assure you, our intentions are not hostile," said Mr. Spock.
    "I find that somewhat difficult to believe, given the barbarism inherent to the human nature," scoffed Trelane.
    "Gentlemen, please," said Q, interceding between Trelane and Spock, "this is getting us nowhere."
    "Are your intentions hostile?" inquired Spock.
    "Certainly not!" said Q, affronted.
    "Then free our security officers!" demanded Kirk.
    "A simple matter," said Trelane, waving his hand. The security team unfroze, and continued to advance on Q and Trelane.
    Kirk held up a hand to stop them.
    "Sir?" asked one of the security officers.
    "Stand down for now," ordered the captain.
    "Most gracious of you," said Trelane, derisively.
    "Now," said Jim, trying to regain a semblance of sanity to the situation, "who the hell are you, and what are you doing on my bridge?!"
    "I am Q," said the alien wearing the Starfleet Captain's uniform, "and this is my...associate, Trelane."
    He inclined his hand to the alien in the frills and ruffles.
    "As for why we're here," Trelane began, "well, now, that is certainly a fascinating tale of daring do."
    He paused for a moment, and glanced at his companion, who shook his head.
    "Alas," continued the dapper extraterrestrial, "the time is not right to regale you with the story of our courageous conquests and battles of wits."
    "Then why are you here?" asked an exasperated Kirk, "what is it that you want?"
    "All in good time, mon capitan!" said Q, smiling in a manner similar to the Cheshire Cat.

With a snap of Q's fingers and a flourish from Trelane, the duo disappeared in a flash of light, leaving behind a thoroughly mystified bridge crew.
    "What was that all about?" wondered Sulu.

It is now Night 0. I wonder what will happen next...

Day 1: The Supernatural Squire and the Quizzical Q
  • Day 1: The Supernatural Squire and the Quizzical Q

Captain's Log, Star Date 2263.6: The Enterprise has arrived at Deneb IV without any further appearances by the beings known as Q and Trelane. Still, I can't help but feel as though their intentions will be revealed soon.

"Captain, we are approaching the source of the subspace distortion," said Sulu.
    "Can we get a visual?" Kirk asked.
    "Negative, captain," replied Uhura, "something is interfering with our sensors."
    The starship commander turned to his science officer.
    "Recommendations, Spock?" he asked.
    "If the distortion is already interfering with our instruments, we should retreat to a safe distance and launch an unmanned sensor probe into the heart of the distortion."
    "Won't the interference just prevent us from getting any readings from the probe?" asked the Captain.
    "Affirmative," said Spock, "but it may be possible to calibrate the probe's shields to deflect the interference by using the readings and visuals already recorded by Starfleet."
    "I can do that!" exclaimed Chekov, standing up quickly, and rushing to the turbolift.
    "I will assist you," said Spock, following the navigator off the bridge.

When the lift doors opened, however, the Chief Medical Officer stepped onto the bridge.
    "Jim, what in the blazes is going on up here?!" he exclaimed, without preamble, "all the instruments in Sick Bay have gone haywire."
    "Fascinating," said Spock, "the distortion seems to be interfering with more than just our sensors."
    "Get us out of here, Mr. Sulu!" ordered Kirk.
    "Aye sir," replied the helmsman, attempting to pull away from the source of the interference, but to no avail.
    The console on Kirk's chair chimed.
    "Engineering to bridge," came the voice of Montgomery Scott, "Captain, we have a wee problem."
    "What's going on, Scotty?" asked Kirk.
    "I'd appreciate it if ya would come down ta engineering," replied the Chief Engineer, "best to see this in person."

A few moments later, Kirk and Spock entered the main engineering room. Scotty and his assistant Keenser were standing next to the Dilithium crystal converter assembly. Keenser was attempting to pump photons into the assembly, while Scott was taking readings.
    "It's na good, lad," he said, dejectedly, "they're not recrystalizing."
    "What seems to be the problem, Mr. Scott?" asked Spock.
    "It's the Dilithium, sir," he said, "it's decrystalizing, I canna stop it, and I dinna know why."
    "Without the Dilithium, we are powerless to escape from the distortion's interference," said Spock.
    "Aye," confirmed Scotty, "we're dead in the water."
    "How is this possible?" mused Kirk, "everything was working perfectly before we got here, and now, because of some subspace distortion, everything has gone to hell."
    "I can try to analyze the data from Starfleet about this anomaly further," offered Spock, "perhaps there is some clue as to the nature of the distortion and a possible means of countering the interference."
    "Oh pshaw!" said a voice from thin air, a familiar, arrogant voice, "there's no need for any of that. You could just ask, you know."
    In a flash of light, Q appeared, standing close to the converter assembly.
    "Not that you'd be able to understand the complex nature of this anomaly, in any case," mused the all powerful entity.
    "Q!" exclaimed Kirk, drawing his phaser, "are you responsible for this?"
    "In a manner of speaking," he said, "though you cannot possibly hold me responsible for how poorly your ship is engineered."
    Scotty put a hand on Q's shoulder.
    "Laddy, don't ya think ya should rephrase that?" he asked.
    "Look," Q said, "it's not my fault if your ship can't withstand a little fluctuation of the fabric of the universe. That's just poor design."
    Before anybody could react, the Chief Engineer pulled back his fist and slugged Q right in the eye.
    The stunned supernatural being fell back onto his backside, uninjured, but surprised.
    "You...you struck me," he said, touching the skin by his eye.
    "Aye," affirmed Scotty, "and there's more where that came from, if ya dinna stop insulting my ship."
    He quickly looked over at Kirk.
    "Beggin' yer pardon, sir," he said.
    Before Kirk could reply, Q burst out laughing, still on the floor.
    "Oh, this is going to be more fun than I had anticipated," he said, just before disappearing in a flash of light.

A communications console on the wall beeped.
    "Captain," came Chekov's voice, "something has appeared on our viewscreen. It is approaching us at high speed."
    "Put it through down here," replied the Captain, and a nearby screen lit up, showing the view from the Enterprise bridge.
    Indeed, a large structure was looming ahead, it looked like a massive mechanical heart, and it seemed to be beating in a rhythm known only to it.
    "I would surmise that that is the source of the subspace interference," said Spock, before checking a reading on one of the ship status instruments, "and it is not moving toward us, we are moving toward it. I would guess that it has us in some form of tractor beam."
    "Mr. Sulu, prepare to fire our forward phaser banks and photon torpedoes at that machine," ordered Kirk, "while we still have some power."
    "Aye, sir," replied the helmsman, "powering up weapons and shields now."
    Kirk waited until they were in optimal range, before issuing the command.
    "Fire!"

The phasers glanced off the surface of the machine, and the photon torpedoes had no effect, either.
    "What do we do now, sir?" asked Sulu.
    "Fire again," ordered Kirk.

"Now really, Captain," came a second voice from thin air, "do you really think that will work? Perhaps you should try a different stratagem, if you wish to survive this."
    "Trelane!" exclaimed Jim, "stop this madness!"
    The self proclaimed Squire of Gothos chortled, his peels of laughter echoing throughout all the decks on the Enterprise.
    "My dear, captain," he said, regally, "the madness hasn't even begun yet."

Instantly, Kirk and his senior officers found themselves in a rather large room, reminiscent of the courtrooms utilized during the post-atomic horror. The officers were sitting on stools on a small circular stage raised two steps above the ground. Behind them, a red curtain bearing a large black eagle could be seen, and on both sides of them sat a jeering crowd.
    In front of them sat Q, no longer wearing the Federation Captain's uniform, and instead garbed in the black and red robes of the judge. He also wore a black cap and hood, and had a gold chain with jewels hanging around his neck.
    "Court is now in session," he proclaimed.
    Next to Q sat Trelane, also in a judge's garb, through from a different era entirely. He wore a white powdered wig and flowing black robes with a white collar encircling his neck. He was holding a gavel, which he banged loudly.
    Spock was the quickest to recover from the disorientation.
    "What crime are we being charged with?" he inquired.
    Q thought for a moment.
    "You are hereby charged with being a dangerous, savage child-race," he said.
    "That is hardly an objective standard," argued Spock.
    "It is from our perspective," remarked Trelane, "because, as fascinating as you lower lifeforms are, your barbarism could prove to be potentially catastrophic to the future of the universe."
    "As such," continued Q, "we intend to hold a trial that will determine which is more powerful: good, or evil."
    "Where's the rest of my crew?!" demanded Kirk, "I refuse to take part in this sham of a trial!"
    "Tut, tut, captain," said Trelane, "mind your temper and your tongue, or we shall have to hold you in contempt."
    "If it makes you feel any better, mon capitan," stated Q, "your crew is safe from harm. We just have no need for them all at the moment. Assuming you cooperate, it will remain that way."
    As Kirk looked to begin another diatribe against the two powerful aliens, Spock pulled him back.
    "Captain," he said, "there is nothing to be gained by fighting in this manner. Please, allow me to act as our defender, as I believe that I have the highest chance of success."
    "Agreed," said Kirk, reluctantly.

Spock stepped forward and addressed the judges.
    "How will this trial be conducted?" he inquired.
    "Quite simple, really," said Q, "you will battle against your old enemies in a trial by combat."
    "A duel to the death!" exclaimed Trelane, excitedly, "it will truly put your mettle to the test."
    "Our adversaries are all dead," pointed out Spock.
    "A triviality for the likes of us," scoffed Trelane.

He waved his hand regally, and, instantly, two figures appeared, alive and well.
    James Kirk took a subconscious step forward at the sight of the duo, and, even Spock seemed to be taken aback.
    "How is that possible?" wondered Sulu.
    Doctor McCoy took out one of his medical tricorders and scanned the pair.
    "Readings all fall within normal ranges," he remarked.
    "Bones, do you have an explanation for this?" asked Kirk.
    "I'm a doctor, not a necromancer!" came the grumpy reply.
    Trelane sighed, as the newly resurrected duo stood up and began examining their surroundings curiously.
    "What is life, but a series of electrical signals and impulses?" he mused, casually.

Uhura and Chekov guided the confused and disoriented duo over to the raised stage, attempting to explain the situation to them.
    A look of recognition appeared in the eyes of the old Vulcan, as he looked at the judges.
    "Interesting," he remarked, raising an eyebrow.
    "What is going on here?" wondered the other resurrected man, "last thing I remember...we were under attack, and..."
    "It's probably not a good idea to pursue that line of thought," interjected the old Vulcan, "there will be time enough for questions later. Now, we must see what the situation holds."

"Well now," said Trelane, rubbing his hands together gleefully, "the roster is complete. Here is your dream team, Q. I hope you find it satisfactory."
    Q glanced over at the assembly of people on the circular stage.
    "It will suffice," he said.
    "Now for my army," remarked the Squire, waving his hand with a flourish again.
    Instantly, more figures rose from the dead, the mere sight of whom made the human Enterprise officers pale, as the blood drained around their faces. Even Spock looked a tinge greener than normal.

"Here are your adversaries, my gentlepeople," exclaimed Trelane, "I believe you are familiar with them already?"
    Jim Kirk took one look at the assembled villains, especially the augmented human, and got a look of pure rage in his eyes.
    "KHAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!" he shouted.
    "Well, now, Captain, it seems you have not learned the lessons from our previous encounter. You should have let me sleep," said the genetically enhanced human.

"And now," said Trelane, jovially, "the trial begins. Each side may utilize whatever methods they deem necessary to vanquish their enemies. Whichever faction remains at the end of the trial shall be declared superior."
    "That's it?" asked an aghast Kirk, "you're asking us to put our lives on the line, to fight a battle for your amusement, and, at the end, the only reward is the knowledge of our superiority?!"
    "Well, now, mon capitan," said Q, "that isn't quite right. You see, if you lose, your race will be declared too barbaric and primitive to be allowed to wander freely through space. You will be confined to your home planet and never be allowed to leave your solar system again."
    "No," said Jim, "we refuse to participate in your little charade. We have nothing to prove to you. We'll have nothing to do with this!"

The Captain attempted to usher his officers off the circular stage, but was immediately frozen in place.
    Trelane glared at him with the utmost contempt.
    "Clearly, good sir, you require a further demonstration of your precarious situation," the Squire stated.

Instantly, one of Kirk's missing crew members appeared, bound and blindfolded, with his head sticking through a guillotine. Trelane signaled regally with his hand, and one of the disposers dropped the blade. The crew member's head rolled across the room and stopped at the foot of the raised stage.

Dear DarthWolf,
    latest

A redshirt said said:
    Come with me...cupcake!

You are Hendorff, a redshirt security officer serving aboard the USS Enterprise first under the command of Captain Christopher Pike and later under James T. Kirk. Your first interactions with your future captain were not encouraging, as you first got into a bar brawl with a drunken Kirk and, three years later, arrested him for breaking onto the Enterprise. Let's be honest, though, nobody actually cares about any of this. You're just a redshirt, and, as everyone knows, redshirts are good for one thing: dying.
    And so, despite not even being signed up for this game, it looks like Magnificent Entertainer has found a way to kill you off, anyway. That evil bastard!

You are the Redshirt. As such, it is your role to die in order to show just how serious of a threat that Captain Kirk and his crew are facing. You can only win if you manage to pass the Kobayashi Maru scenario, which is literally impossible, unless you happen to be James T. Kirk, of course...so, I guess you just lose. Oh well. Better luck next time.

"We have your remaining crew members in our power, as well," remarked Q, casually, "if you do not participate in our trial, then they will all be executed."
    "Monsters!" exclaimed Chekov, raring to fight the all powerful duo "butchers!"
    He was held back by Scotty and Spock.
    "We canna fight them this way," exclaimed Mr. Scott, "they'll just murder more o' our friends."
    "Mr. Scott is quite correct," confirmed Spock, "the only way out of this is to play things their way."
    Captain James T. Kirk sighed. What else could be done?
    "Fine," he said, "we'll go along with them, for now, but I want you all to keep an eye out for possible means of escape."
    The officers agreed, and, with that, the games began.

It is now Day 1. All actions & decisions must be made by 8/8 1am AEST.

D1 Mid-phase Votals and a modnote
  • I’m on mobile, so I ain’t gonna post pings. Y’all can find this post on your own. :p

Day 1 (roughly) Mid-phase Votals:

Soulmaster: I (Midorikawa)
    TheCapsFan: II (Soulmaster, Cyber Wolf)
    Cyber Wolf: I (TheCapsFan)
    Midorikawa: II (Pikochu, MegaPod)
    Pikochu: I (ulysses)
    Zachie: I (Ereshkigal)
    ulysses: I (AussieEevee)

Phase will end in just under 23 hours (assuming Zachie is feeling better.)

In the meantime, please try to keep things friendly. I know different communities have different play styles and metas, and that, sometimes, those clash with the styles and metas of other communities. What works in one community may not work elsewhere, and what works in a dozen communities may not work in another community. That’s just how these things go. Your experiences are no more or less valid than other players’ experiences.

Last edited:
    Night 1: Most Illogical

• Night 1: Most Illogical

Trelane floated about the Q Continuum, lazily observing the chaos he and Q had started. Both teams had retreated to their half of the heart shaped machine. Truth be told, something was bothering him. He stretched out his infinite consciousness and watched as the teams planned their campaigns.

"Captain, it is clear that Khan poses the most significant threat of our enemies," stated Spock, "his superior intelligence and strength are valuable assets."
    "Not to mention the fact that his blood can cure death," grumbled Doctor McCoy, "that hardly seems fair in a life and death match."
    "Technically, it this contest was never explicitly referred to as a life or death situation," remarked old Spock.
    "What are you getting at?" asked Sulu.

The old Vulcan leaned back for a moment, and closed his eyes thoughtfully.
    "Several times during the voyage of my Enterprise, we found ourselves battling opponents for the sake of a more powerful third party," he commented, the memories slightly fuzzy after being resurrected from the dead twice, "in those cases, it was imperative to prove our moral compass by not killing our adversaries. Perhaps that is what is happening now."
    "On the other hand, these men represent great threats to the Federation," remarked Christopher Pike, "we cannot simply allow them to live."
    "If we are to truly prove our morality, and the value that we attach to it, then resorting to murder is illogical," Spock stated, "the purpose of this test was to pit good against evil, was it not? If we resort to the same tactics and methods as our enemies, then what is the purpose of distinguishing between good and evil?"
    "Motive," said old Spock, "our purpose for fighting is different. Theirs is a quest for power and ultimate domination. Ours is a quest to prevent the deaths of your shipmates."
    He paused for a moment, eyes glazed over in thought.
    "I seem to recall a time when Captain Kirk and I teamed up with Abraham Lincoln and Surak of Vulcan in order to defeat Kahless the Unforgettable, Zora, Genghis Khan, and Colonel Phillip Green," he continued, "then, as now, the goal was to demonstrate the concepts of good and evil."
    "As amusing as that story sounds, we've got a job to do," said Chekov, "we need to eliminate these monsters once and for all."
    "Aye," agreed Scotty, "but how are we going ta do it? We're all trapped on this confounded station, and we dinna have access to our ship or our weapons."
    "What if you and I rig up some communicators, Scotty?" asked Uhura, "I'm sure there must be some equipment around the station. They wouldn't have us battle without weapons, after all."
    The chief engineer thought for a moment.
    "Aye, lassie, that could work," he said, "but we need ta find the materials first."
    All eyes turned to Captain Kirk to come up with a plan.

"Okay," he said, "nearest I can figure, we have three goals here. Our first goal is to arm ourselves and to establish communications with each other. To achieve that goal, we need to find equipment around the station. Our second goal is to know what our enemies are up to. Our third goal is to familiarize ourselves with the station's layout and schematics. Knowing the lay of the land can give a major tactical advantage to an army. We'll split up into teams of three, each of which will work on accomplishing one of our goals. Team one will be Scotty, Chekov, and Uhura. Your goal is to find was supplies you can, and attempt to build us some weapons and communicators. Team two will be myself, Doctor McCoy, and Mr. Spock. We'll attempt to spy on our enemies and figure out their attack plans. Team three will be old Spock, Admiral Pike, and Sulu. You will familiarize yourselves with the station and give us a rundown of the details. We'll all meet back here in two hours."
    The officers all agreed on the plan, and began to carry out their tasks.

"Look at them!" thought Trelane, "they work together seamlessly. Like a well oiled machine. My team, on the other hand..."

"And just why should you be in charge?!" demanded Krall, getting into Khan's face.
    "Because, as I've already told you, I am better," replied Khan, calmly.
    "Better at what?" snarled Krall.
    "Everything," answered Khan, retaining his composure.
    "Better than the average human, maybe," scoffed Nero, "but Romulans are stronger than any human could possibly be."
    "And I could drain your energy in an instant," countered Krall, "then where will all your superstrength and intelligence be?"
    "Gentlemen, I'll tell you what," said Khan, "I'm feeling generous, so I will allow you two the opportunity to prove yourselves. Whichever of you can defeat me will be our leader. If neither of you can defeat me, then I will be the leader, and you will obey my commands."

Krall and Nero sized Khan up. He certainly didn't look very imposing, and nodded. The game was on!

Banking on his species's strength, Nero charged in to attack Khan.
    Khan used his adversary's momentum to trip him, and snagged Nero by the shirt collar before he completely fell.
    "That was very foolish," Khan whispered into Nero's ear, before lifting him, single handed, over his head, and tossing him across the room. Nero slammed into the wall and did not get back up again. A trickle of green blood dripped down the front of his head.

Krall watched Nero's failure, and resolved to be smarter. He kept his distance from Khan, circling around him, and waiting for the opportunity to strike.
    "Keeping your distance means you won't be able to drain my energy," remarked Khan, "the best you can hope for here is a stalemate."
    The genetically enhanced human thought for a moment.
    "On the other hand, I believe you are bluffing about being able to drain my energy," he said, "if you really had that ability, you would have used it earlier, instead of attempting to intimidate me."
    Although Krall kept a neutral face, his thoughts raced. While it was true that, without the technology he had found on Altamid, he couldn't actually drain Khan's lifeforce, there was no reason to let him know that. As he was thinking about his next move, Khan rushed in, just as Krall was taking a step.
    The genetically engineered human knocked the genetically modified human off his balance. Krall fell to the ground. Before he could stand, Khan kicked him in the chest. Krall slumped over, defeated as well.
    Khan looked smugly on his two would-be opponents.
    "I believe we have an understanding here, gentlemen," he said.

Trelane sighed.
    "My team would rather fight each other than the enemy," he thought, "that rotten Q tricked me. These aren't evenly matched teams at all!"

Trelane felt around the Continuum a bit. He couldn't sense Q's presence.
    "Well," thought Trelane, "if Q thought he was going to swindle me, then he's got another thing coming!"

Maliciously, Trelane entered the minds of the Enterprise officers and erased their memories of each other.

"That'll even the odds a bit!" he thought, smugly.

Kirk, McCoy, and Spock were walking down one of the many hallways in the station, when suddenly, they blacked out.
    Scotty, Uhura, and Chekov had made it to a room containing assorted electrical equipment and supplies. They were in the middle of attempting to create a functioning communicator, when suddenly they blacked out.
    Old Spock, Sulu, and Pike were examining a map of the station, attempting to locate vital areas to control during their conflict, when, you guessed it, suddenly, they blacked out.

"Excellent," thought Trelane, "now to bring them all back together and watch the fireworks."

The Starfleet officers were all teleported back to the room they had started in.

Kirk awoke. He was in a strange room. His mind was cloudy, and he felt as though someone was using a jackhammer inside his head.
    "Okay," he thought, "must've been one hell of a night last night...but I can't remember a thing."

It was then that he noticed the eight strange people also scattered about the room. He walked over toward one of them, intent on waking them all up to figure out this situation, but something made him pause. A thought niggled at the back of his brain. Something about a battle between good vs. evil. One of his crew members being beheaded.
    Jim shook his head to clear the cobwebs out. He remembered. He was fighting a group of villain from his past. He couldn't quite remember who it was he was fighting, but it could be any of these people. He reached down for his phaser, only to find that he didn't have one. Well, that was no good. If he was going to be in this situation, James T. Kirk wasn't going to be unarmed with dangerous people on the loose.
    He quickly sneaked out of the room, searching for a weapons cache.

The remaining officers awoke slowly over the course of the next five minutes or so. They stared at each other, without a glimmer of recognition in any of their eyes, but they all had the same memory of being in a life or death battle of good vs. evil.

Both being Vulcans, Spock and old Spock approached each other with caution.
    "Are you a Vulcan, or a Romulan?" asked old Spock.
    "I am a Vulcan," replied Spock, "though technically I am half human and half Vulcan."
    "Interesting," said old Spock, "I am also half human and half Vulcan."
    "I am pleased to meet you," said Spock, "I am Spock, son of Sarek and Amanda."
    "That is not logical," said old Spock, "because I am Spock, son of Sarek and Amanda."
    Spock took a step backward.
    "I do not know what kind of mind games you are playing," he said, "but I assure you that they will not work on me."
    "I am not playing mind games," said old Spock, "I am telling the truth. It is you who is lying."
    "Vulcans do not lie," replied Spock.
    "True," said old Spock, "but a Romulan spy could lie about being a Vulcan and then lie about his identity."
    "A logical assessment," agreed Spock, "but I am no Romulan. Therefore, you must be the Romulan and the liar."

At this point, Dr. McCoy interjected.
    "Would you two green blooded hobgoblins shut up for two seconds?" he asked, "you're giving me a damn headache!"
    "And how do you propose we resolve our dilemma?" inquired old Spock, raising his eyebrow.
    "I'm a doctor," replied Bones, "if you two will allow me to scan you, I can see which of you is a Romulan spy."
    Spock and old Spock looked at each other.
    "Agreed," they said, simultaneously.

Leonard pulled out a medical tricorder and began scanning then. He examined the readings twice.
    "Well now, this doesn't make any blasted sense!" he declared.
    "What seems to be the problem, doctor?" asked Spock.
    "Well, you're both Vulcan," said McCoy, "but you also have the same DNA, which means you're the same person."
    "How is that possible?" wondered Spock.
    Old Spock thought for a moment.
    "I seem to recall hearing about the Romulans cloning Captain Jean Luc Picard, intent on using the clone as a spy," he said, "the clone was much younger than the original, so the project was scrapped. Perhaps the Romulans also made a clone of me."
    "I am no clone, and I am not a Romulan spy!" said Spock, defiantly, "I am a Vulcan. We do not lie."
    "A Vulcan raised on the planet Vulcan would not lie," countered Spock, "a Vulcan raised among Romulans would."

The other officers agreed with old Spock's assessment, and rounded on Spock.

"No!" he exclaimed, "you are mistaken! I am not a Romulan spy!"

Cornered, and with no choice, Spock nerve pinched his older counterpart and made a dash for the exit. Not knowing where to go, or what else he might find in the labyrinth hallways of the station, Spock wandered around for a while, hoping that the pursuing officers would be thrown off his trail.
    Sure enough, after several minutes, he detected no signs of pursuit. He sat down on the floor, pondering his next move and the curious circumstances that he found himself in.
    He entered a state of deep meditation, and didn't notice the person sneaking up on him.

"Hello, Spock," said Nero, smiling evilly.

Hey Pikochu,

You are Commander Spock, First Officer of the USS Enterprise.You are a Half-Human member of the Vulcan race & attended Starfleet Academy instead of the Vulcan Science Academy. You quite often like to know everything about people if they’re going to be joining your team or your crew.

Because of this, you’re the Town Cop. Each night you can investigate one player and you will find out their alignment. Do so with the following: CHECK: Player.

You are allied with Town and win when all other factions have been neutralised.

Please confirm your role in thread, and good luck.

It is now Night 1, you have 24 hours to get role actions in :] this will end at 1am AEST 9/8.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Day 2: Hailing Frequencies Closed

• Day 2: Hailing Frequencies Closed

After Spock's abrupt assault on his older counterpart and flight from the room, the Federation officers, still confounded by their current circumstances and suspicious of each other, scattered throughout the station.

Inexplicably, Scotty both found himself in a bar. Delighted, the Scotsman checked behind the counter and found several full bottles.
    "Aye, that's the stuff," he said, pulling out a bottle of well aged scotch, "that'll put the roses back in my cheeks."
    The chief engineer pulled out a glass, and began pouring himself a generous measure of the single malt beverage, when the door opened and Chekov walked in.
    "Ё моё!" exclaimed the Russian, seeing the bar. He, too, walked right over and took a peek behind the counter.
    He grabbed a bottle of clear liquid, and a glass and began pouring.

"Well now," said Scotty, "I guess ya canna be so bad if ya enjoy a good drink ev'ry now an' then."
    Chekov looked up, smiling, but his expression froze as he noticed what the engineer was pouring.

"Scotch?" scoffed the Russian, "that was inwented by a little old lady in Leningrad!"
    "You mind your tongue, mister," countered the Scotsman, "that vodka yer drinkin' is nothin' but sodapop!"
    He raised his partially full glass.
    "Now this is a real man's drink," he said, taking a deep swig.
    "Uncultured Cossack," muttered Chekov, imbibing some of his beverage, as well.

The two glared at each other, and sat down at opposite ends of the room, taking their bottles with them.

In another part of the station, Lt. Nyota Uhura had locked herself inside a control room, attempting to hail Starfleet.
    "Starfleet Command, this is Lt. Nyota Uhura on emergency frequency," she said, "do you read me? Starfleet Command, please respond."
    Silence was the only reply to her communiques, but she kept trying, anyway. Surely somebody must be out there.

Hikaru Sulu had found a weapons room, and he taken a phaser and a saber. He practiced his fencing thrusts and parries as he walked down the hallway, remaining vigilant, in case anyone else decided to show up.

Suddenly, Uhura heard something over subspace.
    "Lt. Uhura, this is Starfleet Command," said a masculine voice, "we read you. What's your situation?"
    "Starfleet Command, I'm on a space station somewhere near Deneb IV, and am being pursued by hostiles," replied the communications officer.
    "Roger that," said the voice, "what is the status of your captain and fellow shipmates?"
    "Unknown," answered Uhura, "we were separated."
    "Understood," said the voice, "we're sending in a shuttle. It'll be there in a few hours. Hold tight."

Several hours had passed. The bottles had both been completely emptied. Scotty and Chekov lay sprawled on the floor of the bar, both extremely inebriated.
    Scotty rolled on his side and glanced over at Chekov.
    "Ya know something, laddie?" he said, "yer not so bad, after all."
    Chekov grinned in response.

Lt. Uhura sat in the control room, waiting for the signal from Starfleet. The console beeped, indicating an incoming hail.
    "Go ahead, Starfleet," said Uhura.
    "Lt. Uhura, this is the USS Reliant," came the response, a different male voice, "we've found the station, but we cannot pinpoint your location."
    "I'm in a control room located on the port side, on deck 72," she replied.
    A moment's pause.
    "We're having difficulty penetrating the subspace distortion," the voice replied, "but it looks like there's a weak point in the station's shielding not too far from your current location. We should be able to beam you out from there. Sending over the coordinates now."
    "Coordinates received, I'm on my way," said Uhura, signing off.
    The communications officer grabbed a phaser and walked over to the control room door, unlocking it.
    Instantly, Krall walked through the door, grabbing her arm and yanking the phaser from it before the lieutenant could react.

"Lt. You-hura," he said, menacingly, "it is so nice to see you again."

Hey Midorikawa,

You are Lieutenant Uhura, a communications officer aboard the USS Enterprise. You’re one of the smartest people in your class at Starfleet, and unmatched in the field of Xenolinguistics.

You are a Neighbourizer! Each night you can select one person and recruit them to your neighbourhood.

Please confirm your role in-game, and good luck!

It is now Day 2, you have 48 hours to decide actions. This phase will end Sunday 11/8 1am AEST.

Night 2: Foiled Again!

• Night 2: Foiled Again

Captain's log, supplemental: I've been transported over to a massive station near Deneb IV. I don't know how long I've been here, or even why I am here. The current status of my ship and crew are unknown, as well. I remember my confrontations with the aliens, Trelane and Q, and I vaguely recall being in a contest of good vs. evil, but the details elude me. It's like...someone has tampered with my mind. Well, either that or I hit the recreational bar too hard last night.

Having located a weapons locker, James T. Kirk skulked down the station's hallways, constantly on the lookout for other people. Phaser in hand, he climbed into an air vent, as he heard footsteps of someone approaching. Remaining hidden in the conduit, and barely breathing, for fear of being caught, Kirk observed a tattooed Romulan walking down the corridor, a dead body slung over one of his shoulders, dripping green blood. At a nearby junction, he met up with a blue headed alien, who was also carrying a body. Kirk barely managed to see dark skin and black hair, but the body was too crumpled to see anything further from his vantage point.
    The Romulan and the blue headed alien nodded at each other in recognition, before continuing down the corridor together. Kirk tried to follow them, as quietly as possible, and he was able to pick up bits of their conversation.

"Why are we lugging these corpses all across the damn station?" wondered the Romulan.
    "Because Khan told us to," replied the blue headed alien, "his 'superior intellect' must have a strategy in mind."
    "Would have just been easier to chuck them out an airlock," grumbled the Romulan, "and Spock is dripping blood. Surely this will make it easier for our enemies to find us."
    The blue headed alien chuckled darkly.
    "I don't care how many of them there are," he said, "there's no way those pacifistic Federation officers could challenge me."

The two turned a corner and walked into a room. The door hissed shut behind them. The vent did not continue in that direction. Captain James T. Kirk melted the vent cover with his phaser, changed the setting to kill, and dropped out of the ceiling, intent on following the sinister duo, but a voice called out to him.

"Hold it right there!" exclaimed the voice.

Kirk turned to see Hikaru Sulu standing across the hallway, brandishing his fencing saber.
    "I follow this mysterious trail of blood, and who do I spy at the end of it, but you?" said Sulu, as he raised his weapon.
    "Who in the devil are you?!" demanded Kirk, not recognizing Sulu due to Trelane's tampering.
    "I'm Captain Hikaru Sulu of the USS Enterprise," bluffed the helmsman, equally oblivious to Kirk's identity, "I am highly trained in all forms of physical combat, and a master swordsman. If you do not surrender immediately, I will unleash my fury upon you and kill you where you stand. If you test me, you will fail."

Kirk stared at him for a moment, before raising his phaser.

"Buddy, you just brought a sword to a phaser fight," he said, shooting the helmsman in the chest.

Sulu was struck down by the deadly bolt of energy, but not before getting in the last word.
    "You have no idea who we are, but you'll soon find out," he said, before being wiped from existence.

Hello Soulmaster!

You are Hikaru Sulu, the Helmsman of the USS Enterprise! Even though you only came by the position because the original Helmsman had Lungworms you quickly proved yourself to be quick-thinking and willing to go the extra mile to help your friends.

You are a Vanilla Townie. You don’t get any special abilities, but that doesn’t make you any less important!

@ExLight will be replacing @ulysses effective immediately.

It is now Night 2! You have 24 hours to get all night actions in. Phase will end 12/8 at 1am AEST.

Day 3: Kobayashi Maru

• Day 3: Kobayashi Maru

Having dispatched the sword wielding Sulu, Captain James T. Kirk pursued the Romulan and the blue headed alien into the room, which turned out to be a mess hall. Replicators lined one wall, and there were many tables spaced at even intervals in rows around the room. Another door lay at the opposite side of the cafeteria, and the trail of green blood led straight to it.
    "Guess there's no turning back now," thought Kirk, walking toward the door.

Christopher Pike was walking through what seemed to be some sort of power generating room, when he encountered the old Vulcan.

"Greetings," said old Spock, "do not be alarmed."
    Alarmed he most certainly was not, though Pike did remain cautious. One didn't become a Starfleet Admiral by trusting just anybody.

"I'm Admiral Christopher Pike," the admiral said, "to whom am I speaking?"
    "I am Spock," said old Spock.
    "Bullshit," said Pike, "I know Spock. He's much younger than you."
    The elderly Vulcan nodded, thoughtfully.

"I have come to the conclusion that something is amiss," he stated, "I am not where I should be...I am not when I should be."
    "What do you mean?" inquired Pike, intrigued despite himself.
    "Earlier, I encountered another Vulcan on this station," explained Spock, "much younger than myself. He claimed to also be Spock, son of Sarek and Amanda. I did not believe him, then, but it is possible that he was telling the truth. I encountered a pair of individuals earlier who appeared to be in a drunken stupor, as well as a rather grumpy medical officer. The uniforms they wore were unfamiliar, but reminiscent of the ones worn approximately 120 years in my past."

Pike looked thoughtful for a moment.
    "That's quite a story, you've got there," he said, skeptically, "if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that you've somehow been transported 120 years into your past?"

Old Spock nodded.
    "That is correct," he replied, "though it is possible that this is a parallel universe to my own. Either way, I do not belong here in this time."
    "I don't believe you," said Pike, "frankly, this all seems quite fantastical and ridiculous to me."
    "I do not blame you," stated Spock, "this whole situation is certainly fascinating, but I cannot make any progress as to determining how I got here without assistance. Will you assist me?"
    "No," said Pike, "I can't trust you."
    The elderly Vulcan nodded, thoughtfully.
    The Starfleet Admiral sighed.
    "Actually, what you're saying does make a certain amount of sense," he admitted, "I also have no idea where I am or how I got here, but I also do not know who I can trust."
    "I have a solution to this quandary," old Spock stated, "I will use the Vulcan mind meld to fuse our minds together. Hopefully, combined, we can at least make some headway to our predicament."

Reluctantly, Pike agreed, for no other reason than the fact that he had no other leads and nothing else to go on. Literally nothing to lose.
    Spock meditated for a few moments, before placing his hand on Pike's forehead.
    "My mind, to your mind," he said, slowly, as their consciousnesses merged, "my thoughts to your thoughts..."

Captain James Tiberius Kirk burst through the door with his phaser at the ready. As it turned out, he needn't have worried. The corridor ahead was deserted, though a trail of green blood led him down another hallway.
    Geez. Just how fast did these guy walk, anyway?!

Kirk followed the trail until it rounded another corner and behind a door. He flattened himself against the wall and listened. He heard voices from the other side. The two aliens were complaining again. They were distracted. Good. That meant that he'd have the element of surprise.
    Jim took a step away from the wall, and leveled his phaser, preparing to charge in, guns blazing, but he noticed something in his peripheral vision.
    Instantly, he turned and fired his phaser, but missed, as Khan had used a reflection to distract Kirk. The genetic superman grabbed the phaser from Kirk's hand and crumpled it.

"We meet again, Captain," he said, menacingly.

James Kirk didn't go down without a fight. The same instant Khan grabbed his phaser, the Enterprise Captain swung around his arm and punched Khan. The superior human didn't even flinch.
    Kirk punched him again. And again. And again. Khan sighed. This was getting tedious.
    "Captain, are you going to punch me again, over and over, until your arm weakens?" he asked, wearily.
    "I'm going to keep punching you until you fall," Kirk replied, continuing to pummel Khan.
    "Adorable," said the genetically engineered human.
    He grabbed Kirk's fist, mid punch, and crushed the Captain's hand as easily as he had crushed the phaser.
    In pain, but undaunted, Kirk began punching him with the other hand.
    Khan yawned.
    "Really, Kirk," he said, "this is ridiculous. You are clearly outclassed. Just surrender to the inevitable."
    "Never," spat Kirk, "I don't believe in no win scenarios."
    "Well," said Khan, "there's a first time for everything."

The superman lifted Kirk into the air with one hand, and hurled him across the room. Kirk broke through the wall that led back into the mess hall and slammed into the wall on the opposite side. He did not get up again.

Hey Ereshkigal!

You are James Tiberius Kirk, Captain of the USS Enterprise. You are a strong-willed, happy-go-lucky person even though you have a tendency to act first and think later, however you’re willing to go out of your way to protect your friends and your crew.

You are the Miller! If investigated by a Cop, you will always return an unfavourable result and could be mistaken for a member of the Mafia.

Please confirm your role in-thread, and good luck!

It is now Day 3! You have 48 hours to make any decisions. This phase will end Wednesday 14/8 at 1am AEST.

Those who have been contacted regarding an activity check need to reply within 24 hours or they will be subbed out.

Night 3: A Miner Antagonist

• jdthebud II (MegaPod, AussieEevee)
    AussieEevee II (TheCapsFan, ExLight)

TheCapsFan I (Midorikawa

random.org roll'd 1-99, AE 1-49, jd 50-99.
    Result 83, LG watched via screenshare!

Night 3: A Miner Antagonist

Nero, Krall, and Khan were gathered together in the makeshift headquarters for the villains. It was in a defensible location and was well fortified.
    Per Khan's instructions, Krall and Nero had ditched the bodies they had been carrying after he'd successfully ambushed Kirk.
    "With the snake's head out of commission, the rest will fall like a chain of dominoes," Khan explained.

He looked thoughtful for a moment, pensively staring out into space through the room's porthole.
    "And now we must move on to other matters, gentlemen," he said, turning back to face his comrades, "I want you two to find this station's power source."
    "Why?" growled Krall, "that's not part of our objectives. All we have to do is kill those Federation criminals, and we win."
    "True," said Khan, "but there is much more at play here. Think about the power exhibited by the two entities for whose amusement we are fighting. Think about how much power it takes to create a station like this which is creating a massive distortion in the very fabric of space and time. If we can locate and harness that power, we will be unstoppable!"
    "An interesting proposal," Nero agreed, "I could prevent Romulus from being consumed by the supernova..."
    "Indeed," said Khan, "whatever dreams you may have, they shall be fulfilled if we can locate the source of this power and bend it to our will."

Convinced, Krall and Nero departed, in search of the station's power source.
    When the door closed behind them, Khan cracked a smile.
    "Fools," he said, "as if I would ever share that kind of power with inferior lifeforms such as them."

Montgomery Scott drunkenly stumbled down the station hallways, carrying a phaser in one hand, and a bottle of scotch in his other hand. He was slightly surprised when he found a trail of green blood on the floor. Curious, the Chief Engineer decided to follow the trail and see where it led. He took another swig of scotch, and lumbered on his way.

Doctor Leonard McCoy, meanwhile, was searching for a medical facility, and having no luck.
    "What kind of dagblasted station doesn't have a sick bay?!" he muttered, extremely frustrated and in a grumpy mood. As he rounded a corner, he noticed a massive hole in the wall, peering through the hole, he saw that the cafeteria was a mess. He walked through the door, and immediately tripped on an obscured obstruction.
    Swearing to himself, the doctor picked himself up and dusted himself off, looking over to see what he'd tripped over. A single booted foot stuck out from a pile of debris.
    "Dammit!" exclaimed the chief medical officer, attempting to clear the debris. A leg emerged, then the torso, and finally, the head.
    McCoy scanned the body, searching for any life signs. He found none.
    "You're dead, Jim!" exclaimed the doctor, sadly.

Nero wandered down the station hallways, looking for some sort of map or console that could direct him to the power generator. So far, he was having no luck, and it was getting on his nerves. The only way he would find the power source would be if he stumbled on it by complete accident. Only the thought of saving Romulus, and his family, kept him going.
    Suddenly, he saw a figure blocking the hallway in front of him.
    "Well, well, well," said Montgomery Scott, noticing the green blood covering Nero's outfit, "what do we have here?"
    He belched loudly.

Nero wasn't unduly concerned by the engineer's appearance. Scotty appeared to be completely drunk.
    "Montgomery Scott," he said, "history says you were one of the greatest engineers in Starfleet."

The Romulan raised his weapon and fired.
    "But what does history know?"

Despite the odds being completely against it, Scotty tripped over just at the moment that Nero fired the weapon. The beam flew harmlessly over his head.
    The Chief Engineer stood up casually, raising his own phaser.

"Well now, laddie," he said, firing the phaser, "that wasn't very nice."

The engineer's aim was true. The beam connected with Nero's outstretched hand. Unfortunately, the phaser was on the lightest possible setting, so it merely caused the Romulan to drop his weapon.
    Scotty tossed aside his own phaser and drained the rest of his scotch.
    "Aye, let's settle this like real men," the engineer said, tossing aside the empty bottle and raising his fists.

Nero dropped down, attempting to pick his his weapon, but Scotty kicked him hard in the face.
    "No cheating, laddie," he said, wagging his finger at the stunned Romulan.

Still, Nero wasn't unduly concerned. Romulans were already physically superior to humans, and this particular human was completely intoxicated.

He charged at the engineer, completely oblivious to the fact that it was ill advised for anyone to scuffle with a drunken Scotsman.

Hey jdthebud,

You are Nero! You are a maniac from the future that lost his world in an accident, and you’ve now set your sights on destroying the United Federation of Planets in the past.

You are the Mafia Roleblocker, once per night you can block another player from making a move.

You are allied with the Mafia and therefore win when all other threats have been eliminated.

Scotty stood over the broken and beaten body.
    "Ya shoulda known better than ta mess with the only redshirt ta not die in this franchise," he said.

It is now Night 3! You have 24 hours to get role actions in. This phase will end at 1am AEST 15/8.

Day 4: I Spy...

• Day Four: I Spy...

Khan Noonien Singh paced back and forth in the villain's base. Something wasn't adding up with this situation. For one thing, the tactics of his enemies were questionable, to say the least, outright outrageous to put it more accurately. Their efforts so far had been extremely disjointed and uncoordinated. It was almost as if they were all acting on their own, but that wouldn't make any sense.
    This was a battle of life and death. A battle for ultimate supremacy. They wouldn't hold back or turn on each other in this situation, unless...

"The aliens wiped their memories," concluded Khan, "that puts them at a massive tactical disadvantage!"

The genetically engineered human continued pacing, plotting and scheming.
    "This could very well be part of the test," he speculated, "perhaps there will come a point where our memories will be wiped, and they will regain their memories. If that is the case, we must press our advantage now."

He thought for a moment longer.
    "Of course," he pondered, "there could be a potential workaround for this situation, if they are smart enough to exploit it. The Vulcan mind meld would allow them to restore their memories and their trust in each other. Spock may be dead, but there was another Vulcan among them. I shall dispose of him, myself."

The superior man walked purposely out of the room, murder in his eyes.

"Keep back, you pointy eared bastard!" exclaimed Leonard McCoy, backing away from the elderly Vulcan.
    "Calm down, Doctor," said old Spock, in what he hoped was a soothing tone, "this is the most logical course of action."
    "The hell it is!" shouted McCoy, "you may be out of your Vulcan mind, but that doesn't mean you get to hijack mine!"
    "Doctor, please," said Spock prime, "the Vulcan mind meld doesn't hijack minds, it merges them."
    "That's even worse!" snapped the Chief Medical Officer, "like I'd ever want to share minds with a Vulcan. I'm a doctor, not a logician!"
    "This bickering is pointless," said Christopher Pike, "we need to recover our memories from before we were brought onto this station, and merging minds is the fastest way to do it."
    "Not happening," said McCoy, "I'd rather perform another emergency C-Section on a pregnant Gorn again than fuse minds with a Vulcan."
    "Really, Doctor," said Spock prime, raising an eyebrow, "this is quite insulting."

As the elderly Vulcan closed in on McCoy, the doctor ducked the outstretched arms and dashed down the corridor, nearly knocking over a hungover Chekov, who had emerged from the bar to see what all the noise was about.
    The Russian lost his balance and tumbled back through the door and into the bar, knocking his head against a table on the way down. Unconsciousness was imminent.

"...well, that was unfortunate," said Pike, after the Doctor's abrupt departure.
    "Illogical to the very end," said old Spock, shaking his head, "I will never understand Leonard McCoy in this, or any other, universe."

The duo continued along, searching for other people to help them regain their memories.

Krall wandered around the station, annoyed with Khan.
    "He makes us do all the hard work, but I'll bet that, as soon as we find that power source, he'll betray us and try to keep the power all for himself," grumbled the modified human, "well, two can play at that game! If I find that power source, I will use it to destroy Khan, and the Federation, too!"
    He was so lost in thought that he wasn't looking where he was walking. His foot knocked against an empty Scotch bottle, which went rolling down the hallway.
    Krall followed the bottle's progress until it hit an obstacle, namely the bloodied and mangled body of Nero.
    The enhanced human chuckled.
    "So, it looks like one of these Federation cowards has a little bite to him, after all," he snarled.
    Krall kicked Nero's dead body before departing.
    "That was for all the comrades I lost during the Romulan War," he said, spitting on the miner.

Old Spock and Pike walked down the corridor together. At the other end of the hallway, a person wandered around, seemingly aimlessly, looking lost and confused.
    On seeing them, the person shrank back.
    "Who are you?" he demanded, "stay away from me!"
    Pike took a step forward.
    "It's okay," he said, "we're here to help you."
    He moved to take another step toward the dazed looking man, but old Spock put a hand across his chest.
    Confused the Starfleet Admiral looked at the elderly Vulcan, who shook his head.
    "It is a ruse," said old Spock, "that man is one of our enemies."
    "How can you tell?" asked Pike, "he could really need our help."
    Spock prime shook his head again.
    "One does not forget the face of the man who killed him," the elderly Vulcan remarked.
    Suddenly, Pike's eyes opened wide, as he recognized the genetically engineered human. Panic welled up inside him at the mere sight of the man who had murdered him in cold blood. Despite the years of training in Starfleet, nothing prepared a person to face down their killer. Pike gave in to his baser instinct and fled.
    Old Spock remained as rigid as a statue, observing the superior man.

"Khan Noonien Singh," the Vulcan said, "we meet again."
    "If you know who I am, then I am surprised that you did not flee with your companion," taunted Khan, "but, then again, perhaps you cannot run very fast at your age."
    "Fleeing is illogical," replied old Spock, "there is nowhere I can run to."
    "You seem remarkably calm for a man who is about to die," said Khan, producing a phaser from a holster on his belt.
    "I am not a man, I am a Vulcan," stated old Spock.
    "If you say so," said Khan, firing the phaser, "it makes no difference to me, one way or another."

The phaser blast connected with old Spock, killing the ancient Vulcan.
    "Here we go again," quipped the prime universe Spock, just before dying.

Hello WaterBlueMan,

You are Spock Prime. You came through a wormhole from another timeline after being attacked by Nero. You were forced to watch your home be destroyed, but contain knowledge of the adventures of your younger self & crewmates from the other timeline.

Due to this, you are a Spy. You can choose one person & you will see some of the messages sent in one of their conversations.

It is now Day 4! You have 48 hours to finalise any actions. Phase will end at 1am 17/8 AEST.

Night 4: Delusions of Grandeur
  • Final Votals:
    No lynch: IV (Midorikawa, TheCapsFan, ExLight, AussieEevee)

Midorikawa: I (MegaPod)
    TheCapsFan: I (Parissong)

Night 4: Delusions of Grandeur

"Damn it!" exclaimed Doctor McCoy, looking over the unconscious Chekov and scanning him with his medical tricorder, "that was a bad blow to the noggin. This kid's got a epidural hematoma, probably exacerbated by his excessive drinking, and I don't have a way to repair the artery. It's like I'm dealing with Medievalism here!"

The Doctor walked over to the bar, to see if there was anything he could find that might be useful. He found a cart, which was used to transport bottles of booze to and from various rooms in the bizarre station.
    McCoy knocked all of the bottles off the cart and wheeled it over to the comatose Chekov. The physician hauled the navigator onto the cart, and wheeled him over to the medical bay he'd conveniently discovered while running away from Old Spock and Pike.
    "It's damn lucky I managed to finally find a sick bay!" he muttered to himself.

Once they arrived, McCoy plopped Chekov into a medical bed. He examined the facility, searching for the proper tools, and eventually found what he was looking for. The doctor placed a small device on the Ensign's forehead. It whirred for several moments, as it went to work repairing the middle meningeal artery.
    Chekov slowly came around. His eyelids fluttered.
    "C'mon, kid!" encouraged Bones.
    Pavel's eye opened, slowly.
    "Name? Rank?" inquired the doctor, attempting to check the patient's mental status.
    Still in a slight stupor, both from the alcohol and the head injury, the Ensign answered slowly.
    "Name, Chekov, Pavel," he said, "rank...Admiral."

McCoy sighed and plopped himself down in a seat next to his patient's bed. This was going to be a long night...

AussieEevee has hammered. It is now Night 4. Phase will end in 24 hours.

Last edited:
    Day 5: Bones of Contention

• Day 5: Bones of Contention

"No!" exclaimed McCoy, for what seemed like the millionth time, "no, no, no! Let's try this again. Take it from the top."

Chekov blinked, confused.
    "...the top of what?" he asked.
    "Name, rank," repeated Bones.
    "I am Admiral Pavel Andreievich Chekov, Starfleet United Federation of Planets," stated the Ensign, "I have told you this already."
    "There aren't any blasted Admiral Chekovs in Starfleet, kiddo," countered the doctor, "to say nothing of any Admirals being as young as you are."
    "Well then your records must be incomplete," insisted the navigator.
    "Listen, kid," said Bones, menacingly, "if you play games with me mister, and you're through!"
    "I am?" asked Pavel, "may I go now."
    "The hell you can!" said McCoy, displaying his usual bedside manner, "you're not going anywhere until your blood alcohol level goes down more. I'm surprised you didn't kill yourself with the amount of alcohol in your system!"
    He administered a sedative to the still drunken Ensign, who promptly fell asleep.
    The doctor sighed and went over to the desk, to try to pull up some schematics of the station, and potentially scan for other lifeforms. He quickly became engrossed in his tasks.

Pike ran until he was completely winded, only then realizing what he had done.
    "Damn!" he swore.
    Not only had he completely abandoned Old Spock, leaving him completely at the mercy of Khan, but now he was completely disoriented. He had no idea what direction he had come from or where he was.
    The Admiral whirled around a few times, trying to get his bearings, but it was no use. He was lost...

Having completed his mission in killing the remaining Vulcan and stopping the Federation fools from regaining their memories via the Mind Meld, Khan returned to the villain's headquarters. It had been a little while since he had heard from Nero or Krall. It was time to see what they had been up to...

After kicked Nero's ass, Scotty had stumbled around the station for a while, before eventually leaning against a door accidentally, he fell into the room and was soon sound asleep.

Chekov woke up, disoriented. He'd had a very lucid dream where someone was asking about beaming up moving targets from a planet's surface.
    "I CAN DO THAT!" he yelled, sitting bolt upright, startling Doctor McCoy.
    "I CAN DO THAT! I CAN DO THAT!" he repeated, running out of the room at high speed.
    "Wait, kid!" exclaimed McCoy, getting up from the desk, and dashing out of the medical facility.

He saw Chekov running down the hallway and sprinted after him.
    "Damn, that kid is fast," muttered McCoy.

The doctor followed the sound of Chekov's yelling as he ran down the hallways, but he arrived at a junction with several branching paths. Chekov's footsteps and yelling echoed strangely, making it impossible to tell which path he had taken.
    "Well that's just typical!" he sighed, looking down the hallways trying to catch a glimpse of the missing navigator.

Things were about to get worse for the melodramatic doctor, as somebody else was drawn in by the sounds Chekov's yells.

Krall arrived at the junction and saw Doctor McCoy standing with his back to him. Now here was an opportunity that he just couldn't resist.
    Smiling, the enhanced human pulled out his weapon and shot the doctor in the back.
    McCoy turned to face the man who had shot him. There was a hole in his gut, and a definite green tinge in his face.
    "I might throw up on you," he said, just before Krall shot him a second time, killing him.
    Hello MegaPod,

You are Doctor Leonard ‘Bones’ McCoy, the Chief Medical Officer of the USS Enterprise. You’re good under pressure & willing to go above and beyond in order to help your friends, your crew, and your patients.

Because of this, you are the Doctor. Each night you can choose one player and they will be healed from all attacks that night. Do so with the following: PROTECT: Player.

It is now Day 5! You have 48 hours to make all decisions. You are in LYLO. Phase will end 2:30am AEST 20/8.

Night 5: Not the Brightest Bulb...

• AussieEevee III (Caps, Ex, Mido)
    TheCapsFan I (AE)

Having killed Doctor McCoy, Krall turned his attentions back to the echoing sounds of the delusional navigator. The mutated human listened carefully for a moment, before selecting one of the branching paths. Keeping his weapon leveled, the former MACO strode down the path, looking out for any of the remaining officers from the hated Federation.

Montgomery Scott awoke, fully sober. He was in an unfamiliar room that was glowing with a strange light. The Scotsman looked around, his eyes falling on the source of the light, a massive power generator that was pulsing in time with the station's beating. Transfixed, the engineer began examining the machine from top to bottom, seeing how it effortlessly converted mass into energy and vice versa. He ran a hand fondly over the nearest console, wishing he had some equipment so that he could take some readings.
    "Aye, yer a beauty," he said, in awe.

Ensign Chekov ran through the station, seemingly aimlessly, still shouting: "I CAN DO THAT!" at the top of his lungs, oblivious to where he actually was and the current situation at hand. He ran right at Krall, who had, quite accidentally, chosen the correct path. The Russian caught Krall off guard, and knocked him over as he dashed by. By the time the mutated human had gotten back on his feet, the wayward navigator had already blundered out of sight and down a different path.

Admiral Pike followed the sound of the shouting voice down the spiraling corridors. The echoes and ridiculous layout of the station made it difficult to pinpoint an exact origination location for the yells, but Pike was confident that he was getting closer...or that the source was getting closer to him. Either way, the end result was the same. He rounded a corner, and was nearly deafened by the cacophony coming his way. Chekov's yells were amplified a thousand fold, due to the bizarre acoustics of this particular hallway. Pike turned around and rounded the corner back in the direction he had came from. He pulled out his phaser, ducked behind a nearby crate, and waited by the opening.

The Enterprise navigator rounded the corner at a high speed, catching Pike off guard as a gold colored blur streaked past. Momentarily, the Admiral caught a glimpse of the Ensign's face as he ran by.
    "What the heck?" he began, but stopped himself as he heard footsteps approaching from the same direction Chekov had just came from. His intuition told him that the approaching individual was bad news, so Pike once again took his post behind the crate, keeping his phaser leveled at the opening.
    A few moments later, Krall emerged from the hallway, muttering about how much of a pain in the ass it was chasing "That Federation coward."
    That was enough evidence for Pike, who fired a blast from his phaser, knocking Krall on his butt.
    Surprised, but mostly unharmed, Krall snarled, and turned to face his assailant.
    "You Federation officers," he said, leveling his weapon, "always going out, exploring, and pushing on the frontiers. This is where the frontier pushes back!"
    Pike sighed, and raised the setting on his phaser to maximum.
    "Do you have any idea what a pain in the ass you are?" he asked, as he fired.

The beam collided with Krall, who was hit mid-lecture about how it was a disgrace that he had fought so many wars on behalf of humanity and was then expected to break bread with his enemies.
    As the enhanced human was vaporized, he had one last laugh.
    "You… can't stop it. You will die," he said, and then was no more.

Hello AussieEevee

You are Krall. Former member of the United Earth Military, and later Captain of the USS Bradbury. During a mission you found yourself stranded on another planet and have since been declared missing in action.

You are the 1x Strongman Ninja. This means that any kills performed by you cannot be blocked, and also cannot be detected by other players.

You are allied with the Mafia and therefore win when all other threats have been eliminated.

It is now Night 5! You have 24 hours to get all actions in. Phase will end at 2:30AM AEST 21/8.

Last edited:
    Day 6: Beamed Up

• Day 6: Beamed Up

Khan Noonien Singh was not happy. Upon returning to the fortified room he'd been using as his headquarters, he found that Nero and Krall had yet to report in.
    "Those simpletons," he said, running a hand through his hair in frustration.
    The genetically engineered human sighed, and shook his head sadly.
    "Sometimes, even a god must stoop to conquer," he mused.

The superman walked over to one of the consoles in his base of operations, and quickly read through the technical specs of the station. He pulled up a station schematic, and quickly located the power room.
    He smiled evilly. Soon, omnipotence and immortality would be his!

Montgomery Scott was having a good day. He had kicked a Romulan's ass, bare handed, and was now looking at the most glorious power generator he had ever seen. Truly, life did not get any better than this. The engineer examined the machinery, looking for any sign of how the machine worked. It was a miracle of science, and he didn't have any tools to try to take it apart and tinker with it. Still, just by simply observing, the Scotsman was able to commit a few details of the machine's operation to memory. He understood how some of the baser components worked, but it would take time to figure out how to build off of that. Still, it seemed like time was the one resource that he had in abundance.
    "Aye," he said to nobody in particular, "I'll figure out how this bloody contraption works, and then I truly will be a miracle worker."
    His eye gleamed in anticipation of the monumental task at hand.

Having dispatched Krall, Admiral Pike continued trying to track down Pavel Chekov. Not an easy task when his quarry was running around randomly, and the acoustics in the station made the footsteps and shouts echo bizarrely.
    "What the hell is that Russian wizkid up to, anyway?" wondered Pike, as he walked down yet another random corridor in his search.

Still slightly drunk, as well as feeling the aftereffects of his head injury and McCoy's sedative, Pavel Chekov was beginning to feel desperate. He knew he was needed somewhere, but he couldn't remember where. Not only that, but he seemed to be lost. The Enterprise hallways never looked like this.
    "In the name of Mother Russia, what is going on here?!" he exclaimed, as he dashed down the hallway.
    He stopped for a moment and looked around.
    "Where is everybody?" he wondered.
    The Ensign shrugged and continued running.
    "They must all be lost," he reasoned.

Encountering no obstacles along his path, Khan arrived at the power room, only to find that someone was already there. Montgomery Scott was beginning to take off some of the panels on the great generator, in an effort to examine the machine's inner workings.
    The superior man walked up to the engineer and grabbed him, hauling him away from the machine with one hand.
    "What the devil do ya think yer doin' man?!" demanded the Scotsman, annoyed at being interrupted.
    He attempted to break free from Khan's grip, but was surprised to find that he could not.
    "Hey!" he exclaimed, "let go o' me, you great galoot, or else Imma gonna give ya a thrashing!"

"I think not," said Khan, effortlessly tossing Scotty away from the generator, "a puny mind such as yours could not possibly comprehend the mechanics of this machine, and so it falls to me, the superior man, to rightfully learn the secrets of this machine and become the god I was meant to be!"

The Scotsman picked himself up off the floor, and reached down for his phaser. Alas, he had tossed it aside during his drunken battle with Nero. Undaunted, he raised his fists.
    "Be off w' yeh!" demanded the engineer, "I was here first, an' I will be the one ta learn how this contraption works!"
    Khan turned to him, a menacing look in his eyes.
    "I will tolerate no interruptions," he said, "not now. Not when I am so close to achieving omnipotence."

With one step, he closed the distance between himself and Scotty. His hand flew out and grabbed the Scotsman by the throat. Khan lifted the engineer off the ground, strangling him.
    As the Chief Engineer choked to death, Khan couldn't resist one last jab.
    "Looks like you can't change the laws of physics, but soon, I will be able to!"

The life drained from Scott's body, and the genetically engineered human dropped him on the ground, discarded and worthless, as he began to examine the magnificent generator more closely. Immortality and omnipotence were mere moments away from him...

Hey Cyber Wolf,

You are Montgomery ‘Scotty’ Scott, the chief engineer of the USS Enterprise. You’re the person that came up with the notion of ‘Trans-Warp Beaming’, and you’re one of the best engineers throughout Starfleet.

You are the Redirector. Each night you select two people. All actions from the first person get changed to target the second, however you cannot redirect kills.

Please confirm your role in-thread, and good luck!

It is now Day 6. You have 48 hours to get actions in.

Endgame: Chekov's Gun

• Parissong II (Caps, Ex)

TheCapsFan has activated Hyper Majority.

Endgame: Chekov's Gun

Khan approached the physics defying generator, a look of satisfaction in his his. This was the moment he had waited his whole life for. He was finally about to overcome the one obstacle that even genetic engineering couldn't cure, death itself. All he needed to do was learn the secrets of this power source, and immortality and omnipotence would be his.

Still in his delusional state, Pavel Chekov ran down yet another corridor of the seemingly endless station.

Admiral Pike had given up on trying to chase Chekov, and instead decided to try find somebody else. It was disconcerting how empty the station felt. Almost as if everyone else had already died. A chill crept up Pike's spine that had nothing to do with the station's temperature. Something was about to happen. Something big.

An instant before Khan's fingers came into contact with the generator, the great station pulsed, continuing its erratic heartbeat. As the station beat, the corridors rearranged themselves.
    Suddenly, Chekov and Pike were right outside the power plant's door. The Ensign snagged Pike's phaser and dashed into the generator room, with the phaser leveled in front of him. Khan barely had time to look up before he was shot with full power at point blank range. The Mighty Khan was no more...

Hello Officer Snake,

You are Khan! You are an enhanced human, and were considered a Genocidal Tyrant and therefore frozen in cryogenic stasis. You were revived by Admiral Marcus and used to design ships.

You are the Godfather Rolecop. You are the Boss of the Mafia, and any checks against you will come up as Town. You can check one person per night & you will learn their role.

Admiral Pike walked in to the power room, confused.
    "...what just happened?" he asked.
    "This station is like a liwing thing," explained Chekov, who had somehow managed to reason this all out while drunk and delusional, "when the station beat like a heart, the hallways vould reconfigure themselves. That's how, despite the large size of the station, we were always either finding exactly what we needed at any giwen moment, or always bumping into each other."
    "But why didn't we notice this?" wondered Pike.
    "It's simple," said Chekov, "after a while, we got so used to the station pulsing that we just didn't notice it happening, but it was. That's how you could newer quite seem to catch up to me. Our glorious hosts decided it would be best for dramatic effects if ve veren't reunited until the last minute."

Pike looked around hopefully, but was immediately crestfallen.
    "...we're the only ones here," he remarked, "does that mean..."
    "Unfortunately, most likely yes," replied Chekov, "if there vas anybody else alive, the Cossacks Q and Trelane vould have probably arranged for them to be here as vell."
    "...so we won," sighed Pike, "but at what cost?"

Town has won! Congratulations!

Epilogue: One Q Over The Cuckoo's Nest
  • Epilogue: One Q Over The Cuckoo's Nest

"Splendid, splendid," said a voice from thin air.
    Q appeared, in his Starfleet Captain's uniform, clapping his hands.
    "Well done!" said the all powerful being, "you have won our little contest!"
    Trelane appeared next to Q, looking a little sulky.
    He sighed, and stood up straight, smiling.
    "Indeed," he said, "that was truly a magnificent spectacle, and certainly a glorious campaign."

Admiral Christopher Pike glared at the duo of superbeings.
    "That's all you have to say for yourselves?!" he demanded, "everyone else is dead except for Chekov! How many lives need to be lost for your perverse entertainment?!"

Trelane pulled out his saber and examined its sheen.
    "Well, we did warn you of the dangers of this particular trial before it began," he said, "the bloodshed was hardly our fault."
    "On the contrary," interjected Chekov, "you Cossacks didn't give us a choice about participating in this butchery."
    Q wagged his finger.
    "Now, now," he said, "that isn't technically true."
    "Oh, right," snorted the Russian, sarcastically, "our choice was either to participate or you vould kill all our shipmates."
    "Hardly a choice at all," added Pike, "and that does make you responsible for the bloodshed."
    "Not at all, my good man," countered Trelane, who was now filing his nails with the blade of his saber, "we merely stated that you should use whatever methods that you deemed necessary in order to vanquish your enemies. You were the ones who chose to utilize lethal force."
    "We had to use lethal force," said the admiral, "our enemies weren't going to pull any punches, so we needed to make sure they were eliminated entirely."
    "...besides," said Chekov, somewhat quietly, "our opponents were all already dead. We killed them in previous conflicts."
    "Well, he was killed in a previous conflict," said Trelane, rather bluntly, pointing at Pike, "so I can kill him again with no repercussions."
    "That's not what-" began the navigator, but he was cutoff by Pike putting a hand on his shoulder.
    "It's okay, son," said the Admiral, smiling sadly, "he's right. I don't belong here. I'm dead."
    "But Admiral," started Chekov.
    "My time's been up for a while, now," Pike said, "I'm just glad that I got to see the wonderful people you all grew up to be...I'm just sorry that their lives were all cut short for the sake of this charade."
    The Starfleet Admiral turned to the pair of superbeings.
    "I'm ready," he said, "send me back."

Q materialized a handkerchief from thin air and dabbed at his eyes.
    "You've moved me to tears, my dear admiral," he said, blowing his nose.
    Trelane turned to his companion, and snorted.
    "Don't tell me you've been suckered in by this twaddle, Q," he scoffed.

The handkerchief immediately disappeared, and Q was all smiles again.
    "No," he confessed, "but, much as I hate to admit it, Pike has a point."
    "And what would that be?" asked the Squire.
    "Meddling in the affairs of mortal beings can be amusing, to be sure," said Q, "but there does come a point when things are taken too far."
    "Surely you jest!" exclaimed Trelane, guffawing, "the great Q, scourge of the universe and well known intergalactic mischief maker, is now lecturing me on taking things too far."
    Q patted Trelane's head.
    "You're young," he said, "you'll learn. Sometimes, we need to learn to leave well enough alone."

Q turned back to Pike.
    "Alright," he said, "we will restore things to how they were before we encountered the Enterprise. You'll be dead, the villains will be dead, but Kirk and his officers will be alive again."
    "Thank you," said Pike.
    He turned to Chekov.
    "Well, I guess this is goodbye, again," he said, and smiled, "for what it's worth, you've all made me very proud."

"I think I'm going to retch," said Trelane.
    "Seconded," said Q, "let's just get this over with."

With a snap of Q's fingers, and a flourish of Trelane's hand, the station vanished, and time itself reversed.

Captain's Log, Star Date 2263.5: After successfully completing our test run of the Enterprise-A, we have returned to completing our five year mission and exploring the final frontier. The break between defeating Krall and the completion of the Enterprise-A has given my crew the well needed and deserved chance to rest on the Yorktown. The Enterprise had been dispatched to the planet Deneb IV at the request of Admiral Robert April, since Starfleet has observed some subspace distortion coming from the planet, but Starfleet has reported that the anomaly has passed, and we've resumed our previous course...straight into the unknown.

Q and Trelane floated in the aether, observing Kirk and his crew navigating their way to the Mutara sector.
    Q turned his metaphorical gaze to Trelane.
    "By the way," he broadcasted into the aether, "don't think I didn't notice your dirty trick at the beginning of the trial."
    Trelane shrank back a little, but was curious.
    "If you knew about it, why did you let the contest resume?" broadcasted the younger alien.
    "Simple, my dear boy," broadcasted Q, "I am omniscient. I knew that, even with your interference, my team would still win."
    "Trickery and treachery!" broadcasted Trelane, "I have been swindled!"
    Q laughed.
    "Don't try to bullshit a bullshitter," he broadcasted.
    Dear Magnificent Entertainer,
    latest

Trelane said:
    I'll fix you for that! You cheated! You haven't played the game right, I'll show you!

You are General Trelane, retired, also known as The Squire of Gothos. An all powerful entity with a fascination for humanity and the savagery in their bloodline. In the Prime universe, you encounter the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 during its five year mission, and kidnap the Captain as well as several other bridge officers, for your own amusement.
    Omnipotent though you may be, you are certainly not very bright, and Captain Kirk outwits you, allowing him and his crew to escape.
    Furious, you pursue the Enterprise and attempt to execute Kirk, but your parents step in, revealing that, for all your power and your abilities, you are just a child throwing a temper tantrum.

In this game, you are the Host. You have made a wager with Q with all of creation at stake, betting that mortal being's evil is stronger than its good, and you will stop at nothing to win the wager. As the flavor writer of the game, you control every single aspect of the story, and act as the omniscient narrator, literally bending reality to your will. Since it's your game, you cannot possibly lose, so you win no matter what happens.
    Dear Zachie,
    latest

Q said:
    Thou art notified that thy kind has infiltrated the galaxy too far already. Thou art directed to return to thine own solar system immediately.

You are Q, the best letter of the Roman alphabet, and an intergalactic mischief maker. You are omnipotent and omniscient and have acted as a foil and adversary to several Starfleet officers. You first arrived to judge humanity, testing out the Federation starship USS Enterprise NCC-1701D, under the command of Jean-Luc Picard, and you proceeded to torment him and his crew throughout their five year mission. You've also caused a lot of trouble to other lesser species, to the point where you were once banished from your home, the Q Continuum, and stripped of your powers. Nonetheless, you got back into the Continuum's good graces, and, eventually, became a more responsible individual, even fathering and raising a son, though he seemed to have turned into a troublemaker, much like yourself.

In this game, you are the Host. You have made a wager with Trelane with all of creation at stake, surprisingly taking the side that mortal being's good is stronger than its evil. Unlike Trelane, you do not feel the need to interfere with your experiment, as you knew the outcome right from the start. As the creator of the game, you control all of the character's abilities and powers, allowing them to fulfill their roles in the story. Since you already know the outcome of the game, you know that you've already won...so congratulations on your victory.

Back
    Top Bottom