• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stars in the Sky: A Sci-Fi RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm proud to say that there are no issue's precluding the following profiles from being approved.

Godzillawolf....approved. In light of the counter-balances, your in.

Hyper Weavile....approved (although, a ship profile on that scouting vessel would be nice, I'm not going to agonize over small details. Your in.)

TheVeteranarian....approved. Your right, some people will develop weapons differently and I need to be a bit open about that. And since your weapons seem pretty reasonable-and really, only a little more deadly then guns, your in.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Also, just to specify, in some respects, the Akuma are like the Predators from the Predator movies, I did draw some inspiration from them. And probably it'd take about as much to kill an Akuma as a Predator, just to sorta give a estimate of their durability that, all things considered, makes sense.

Added the vessel bio to my Cosmicon Profile. Be putting the Acuatic and land Cosmicons soon.

(Godzilla)Hm. Alright, considering the tech hit. The RP will be up soon, I'd like to give Sunglasses a little more time to finish his profile.

(Hyper) Alright. Sounds good. On the ship-bio though, you do have to research space weapons-how to convert planet-bound weapons to space. It's a tricky task. It won't be a major research project though. So you won't need to wait long for it.

Also, just to point out, Akuma's honor code prevents them from killing any being that can't fight them back, including children and pregnent adults, and the sickly.

Also, just to ask, what's you opinion on them being energy beings? Just wondering.

I don't have any issue with it. It's a very creative move on your part, and it doesn't violate any of the rules. I think it's kinda cool really.

Thanks, it's also practical for a race that wants to remain secretive, their bodies explode on death, leaving nothing behind to be examined. That and the other Akuma giving the victor a gift before leaving.

I made them energy beings since it's unique and makes them different, as well as gives a reasonible explainaton for their elemental powers.

That being said, their ships will likely end up being designed to ram enemy ships if need be, and take the punishment to do so, though space fights probably aren't a prefered thing for the Akuma species.

The map has been updated to include all approved profiles-the positions were assigned at random.

Here's my other race, this one is a bit more balenced than the Akuma.

Race Name: Florasians
Home System: Chloro System, 2 life supporting. A third planet previously supported sentient life, but they destroyed themselves with pollution and war.
Home Planet: Florasia
Appearance: Florana stand on average seven feet tall for females and 5 feet for males, they have white ‘skin’ covering their heads, chests, groin area, and their lower arms and legs. Between these parts are green vines composing them. Their heads have a pair of glowing eyes and, while mostly humanoid, has a large mouth that can open rather large. Depending on individual, they have various colored patterns on the white skin and mature females grow petals around their wrists. Their hands have five fingers with thorn-like claws. They’re humanoid in body shape.
Population: 7 billion.
Biology: Florasians are plant-based alien life forms capable of absorbing massive amounts of solar energy and communicating with plant life. They’re capable of regenerating so long as their brain is still alive and breath CO2 in place of oxygen, like any plant. They can extend their bodies and extend long vines in self defense, as well as move underground at high speeds. Their strongest ability, however, is the ability to generate weapons grade bursts of solar energy. However, being plant based, they’re weakened in the dark, and more vulnerable to fire and cold than most races, as well as needing breathing equipment on worlds low in CO2, and they require higher amounts of water. If there is a lack of sunlight, they can eat meat to survive. They can also release a foul stench to attract insects or for defense. There are a low number of males in comparisons to females, due to them reproducing by males releasing a large amount of pollen which can impregnate a large number of females.
Advantages/Disadvantages: They can regenerate and do not require food, so long as they have water, sunlight, and CO2. They’ve also got the ability to use vines, plant-life, and solar energy defensive and offensively. But on the other hand, they’re vulnerable to fire and cold weather, and require large amounts of water to survive compared to most species. They’ve also got a low tolerance for pollution and require breathing equipment on heavily polluted worlds.
Technology Level: They’re mostly like humans on their level of technology, minus their light speed technology. They don’t have most weapon technology, due to being pacifists and having natural defenses. Their greatest advancement, however, is their solar cells. Cities on Florasia are in complete harmony with nature, due to their ability to communicate with plant life enabling them to work with nature instead of through or around it. Their cities are tree cities, built in large forests.. Atmosphere is similar to Earth’s, so most similar races can survive there, though they shouldn’t wonder off from their guide.

Name: Florasian Solar cell
Purpose: Energy generation.
Description: Normal solar cells, only extremely efficient, enough to power their entire planet. No pollution is created.

Research: What is your race researching? Only three projects are allowed at a time-and the description for a research topic is as follows:

Project Name: EMP Defense Operations II
Technology being Research: Further Advancement of EMP weapons, intent to apply EMPs on a more concentrated scale.
Description of Technology/Research: Intending to further advance their new EMP weapons for ground based technology, the Florasians intend to make miniature ‘EMP Detonators’ that work as granades to take our specific targets if needed.
Time till Completion: 3 RLD. Started October 13th

Project Name: Regrowth Project
Technology being Research: Develop a genetically enhanced plant fertilizer to rapidly increase plant growth, derived from Florasian DNA
Description of Technology/Research: Florasians have the natural ability to grow vines at a rapid rate for use defensively. The intent is to use that DNA to temporally endow a similar ability in plant-life, allowing it to reach maturity far quicker than normal, but the effects aren’t permanent, so the plant returns to natural growth rate when it wares off. Part of the Arcahnia Restoration Project but also intended to be used in a future project to weaponize it some how.
Time till complete: 3RLD. Started October 13th.

Completed:

Project Name: Bacteria Restoration P
Technology being Research: Bioengineered bacteria designed to consume universal pollutants.
Description of Technology/Research: Realizing on some planets pollution is a major problem, the Florasians intend to produce this bacteria to consume pollutants that prove toxic to the races they know of. The intent is to allow such races to counter pollution problems and is part of a plan to repair the destroyed ecosystem on Arachnia.
Time To Completion: 2 RLD Started October 9th

Project Name: Bacteria Restoration N
Technology being Research: Bioengineered bacteria designed to consume nuclear material.
Description of Technology/Research: The sister project to Project 1, the intent being to deal with nuclear pollution on Arachnia. This project, however, has the secondary ability of being able to neutralize the fallout of a nuclear blast to allow life to begin replenishing at a faster rate. Also shows potential of a bio-weapon if used on nuclear plants, due to eating up the rods needed for it.
Time to Completion: 2 RLD Started October 9th

Project Name: EMP Defense Opertations 1.
Technology being Research: The use of electromagnatic pulse weapons as a non-lethal, effective defense stradagy.
Present Focus: EMP Bombs
Description of Technology/Research: Realizing the Avi may try to make good on their threat to Florasia, and other such races may exist, the Florasians put their minds to work on creating non-lethal weapons to defend themselves should they be attacked. EMP weapons were considered the most logical as knowledge is already aviliable from research of solar flares and winds. When completed, an EMP bomb will be capable of rendering any machinary, especially computers, in the blast radius useless for several hours, computers may be permently damaged. Blast Radius depends on size of bomb.

The Flora Mark II type ship will be equiped with the solar cannon when finished and the ability to deploy EMP Bombs.

Time to Complete: 2 RLD, started October 8th

Project Name: Space Solar Defense System
Technology being Research: Ship mounted energy cannon powered by the Florasian crew's solar energy discharge.
Description of Technology/Research: Realizing having no weapons in space leaves ships susceptible not only to attack but to asteroids and other such problems, to them a greater concern, the Florasians decided to scale up their hand held weapons to ship size. The only detail needing to be completed is how to channel the bursts from multiple Florasians into one beam.
Time To Complete: 2 Real Days Started October 6th.

Project Name: Telepathic Amplifire
Technology being Research: Redumentary universal translator
Description of Technology/Research: Realizing other languages likely exist in the universe, the Florasians decide to create a device to amplify their telepathic connection to plants, which allows them to communicate with them, to other lifeforms to allow them to communicate effectively. This first attempt has many bugs to work out, which would result in the Florasians hearing a broken version of their own language and vise versa when talking to other races. Still, better than nothing. This wouldn't allow them to read minds, merely translate their speech into Florasian and vice versa.
Time To Complete: Two Real Days. Started: October, 6th

History: On Florasia, plants evolved sentience before animals, and gradually evolved into moving, walking plants. Florasians are a pacifist culture, they believe all life is precious and should not be wasted. Despite this, however, Florasians practice defense tactics and are very capable in combat if they must resort to it. Florasia is a jungle planet with near zero pollution, due to relying completely on solar power, due to its jungle nature the Florasians evolved the ability to communicate with plant life to be able to survive.

Florasia has a monarchy, lead by an inherited leader. There’s a high council as well who advises the monarch, typically a female due to it being the easiest linage to follow because of the way in which they reproduce resulting in a single male having thousands of females, this would make having a king and tracking his linage difficult. Females are the dominate gender on Florasia, but males are treated with the most respect. The monarch lives in a massive tree castle in the largest tree on the planet and is well guarded. The present Queen is Florose.

Another attribute to Florasians is they threat visitors with hospitality unparallel by most races. They do not expect the same on other planets if they find life, but respect native ideals and laws. Florasians are also very loyal to their friends and will protect them with their lives, they also have a concept of life debts, save the life of a Florasian and they’ll be your ally for the rest of their, and your, life.

Their main goal is to give other races their solar technology to help save them from the blight of pollution, and for friendships across the universe. This is mainly due to another planet in their system, Arachnia, having destroyed itself with pollution and war, something they don’t want to befall other races.

Fleet: Two Scout Class ships. Five Frigate Class Ships.

Ship Types: The current ship designs you are using. Ship design profiles below. Ship designs are not a research topic-you can come up with them pretty quickly. But unless you have weapons, battleships, fighters, carriers and whatnot, are not of much use.

Ship Name: Flora I
Ship Type: Scout
Appearance: Resembles a massive seed pod with solar panels covering their haul, and a screen up front. Captains normally pattern it after themselves.
Weapons: Un armed.
Other: Light speed engines, solar power cells, communication relays, CO2 cells and a recycling system that helps covert Oxygen to CO2 through fossil fuels. Presently returning to Florasia for upgrades.

Flora II is identical model to Flora I first design.

Ship Name: Graceful Thorn
Ship Type: Frigate
Appearance: Resembles a large seed pod like the Flora, only slightly larger and sporting a main gun in the front.
Weapons: Solar Energy Cannon, EMP Bombs
Other: Possess the same capabilities as ost Florasian ships in addition.

Military: Florasia lacks a standing military, due to their pacifist nature, but the race as a whole will defend their planet if they have to. Only about 5% of the planet is any kind of military, and they form the Queen’s private guard.

Ground Vehicles/Weapons: They mainly use natural weapons as well as their natural abilities for this role, but due have cars and jeeps, but solar powered. Their only true weapon are solar guns, guns designed to channel their natural solar bursts into a more concentrated weapon.

Last edited:
You'll be playing these as well as the Akuma correct?

At any rate, the species, as a whole, seems acceptable. The technology is roughly equal to Earths-whilst being somewhat different. There's only one real problem, the max amount of life-bearing planets per home system is two. If it isn't to much trouble, could you fix that error?

Other then that, approved. As a note, you can indeed, play more then one race, but I'm capping the max at two. If everyone plays more then one race, and there is no cap, space will get tight.

Thanks, fixed. The third planet is now dead, so I didn't think it'd count.

Thanks, Arachnia is important to the Florasians, as seeing it destroy itself is what made their culture the way it is now, and they have an example for the rest of the universe of the horrors polution and war can cause.

Reason I made one race secretive and the other more kind and outgoing was to make it easier to play both of them.

Approved. I shall add them to the map post-haste.

So, when do we start?

Also, question, would I control the sole Akuma sent to 'test' a planet? Or just let the native species' control decide how that goes?

Also, Sunglasses, I think our races would get along. My Florasians I mean.

No, I forgot to put that most of them are obsessed with symmetry. THe wouldn't dislike them, but it would freak them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom