• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

StarShip: Kanto (Start Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy can't be serious, Jeff thought. Did captains get their licenses from Frosted Flakes boxes nowadays? He shot an irritated look at Mori, his eyes saying You're the First Officer. Can't you do something about this joker?

OOC: In case it isn't blatantly obvious, my character has lost all faith in the "captain" of this ship.

@Mouthful of Pi The moon? Hmmm, maybe a bit further, like Jupiter. But your character cracks me up!

End of Mingle: Time for Takeoff!!!!

You are now headed towards enemy base in Jupiter, Take positions :p

"You guys ready down there?" Chris radioed down to the engine room.

"Yes but, are you sure the gravity suppressors are going to work?" they radioed back.

"Of course I am! They are of my own secret design," Chris said (beginning to rant),"The power is equivalent to that of a black hole and...and... Never mind! Just fire them up!"

"Yes, Sir!"

Last edited:
Mori gave Jeff a sympathetic look, but made sure to keep her voice low as she spoke to him. "As I said, I can do no more than make sure I am in control of as many vital functions as possible. I don't have the power to actually change his position on our ship, as much as I might like to do so."

Maybe this was all an act? Just to see if she tried to seize power, and if she did call her out as a Team Rocket agent without breaking any of the League agreements? She looked back at the Captain. There was no way he could be that smart, was there? Either way, she wasn't about to stage a mutiny. In all honesty, she was better as the power behind the throne... or in this case the Captain's chair. This way, if she picked up the slack for his failings, everyone would see her as the hard working First Officer, doing the jobs of two people, which would make her beyond reproach. It was unlikely that anyone would take issue with anything she did. If she were to usurp him, however, she would have to constantly be on the lookout for others to usurp her. She was in a much more stable position, if she was behind the Captain, at least for now.

For now, she would just take command, picking up the slack for the Captain. "All hands, prepare for departure. Our destination is Jupiter, as it is within the same Solar System, Warp is unnecessary. Mr. Ferguson, please take us at a rate of about .1 Astronomical Units a minute, at that rate we should reach the planet within an hour. Alert me when we are half an AU away and I will give further instructions."

Mori pressed a button on the console that put her voice in over the whole ship.

"Attention all Crewmembers, this is your First Officer speaking. Listen carefully to the following instructions. We'll be infiltrating an enemy base on the moon Europa. All soldiers and trained fighters, please double check your personal weapons. Trainers, if your Pokemon are in anything less than top physical condition, please report to the medical wing to have them restored to full health. Please, all those qualified for away missions, report to Transporter Room 1, and wait for further instructions. Thank you."

She looked over at Arty, "Dr. Norton, you need to return to the Medical Wing. ASAP."

"Got it!" Arty, smiled at her and turned to go. "Come on, Watson. Let's go get our Medical Wing set up." With that Arty turned to go, with his Absol behind him.

"Thank you. Everyone: stations! We'll be departing within fifteen minutes!"

OOC: So we aren't actually departing yet? Okay...

IC: Now that it was just about time for the ship to embark, Jeff turned his attention to his console, ready to carry out the instruction of the First Officer. "Engines are powered up. Destination and speed locked in." He felt a lot more comfortable taking orders from her than from the yutz in the Big Chair. Also, since the captain was a total doofus, he was suddenly glad they weren't leaving the Sol System. As a precaution, though, he made sure to turn off the parking brake. He turned back to Mori. "We're ready to go."

OOC: Just out of curiosity, what's an enemy base doing in our system, anyway?

"Alright. Whoever's in charge of gunnery, prepare the missiles, and target them at the largest window of the enemy base." Eliot says. Now wielding an assault rifle in each hand, he was squeezing himself into a hollowed out missile and trying to load himself into one of the guns.

OOC- They want to take down our ship, they don't like the idea of us going after them >:D

3, 2, 1, TAKE OFF!!!!!
You and you crew are now in space :)

The ship was now in space, and that damnfool calling himself a captain was squeezing himself into a hollow missile. Which was fine with Jeff, because it meant he wasn't on the bridge, which meant there were fewer things that could go wrong. At any rate, they still had somewhere to go, as Mori said. Jeff pressed his controls. "Impulse engines engaged at full power. ETA: one hour."

With the ship on her way, Jeff turned his attention to his tactical board. The "captain" had ordered him to prepare the missiles for firing, and now that he was in one of the missiles, Jeff was only too happy to oblige.

"Turns out I am unable to fit into one." Eliot says. "Perhaps I should go on a diet...Oh well. Anyway, Mr. Jeff, you try." He says, and starts trying to squeeze Jeff into a missile.

Okay, [BLEEP] this! Jeff thought as the idiot Eliot started trying to get him into a missile. Of course, now this gave him the perfect reason to do what he'd wanted to do since this mission started. He delivered an uppercut to Eliot's jaw that broke the man's hold on him. Jeff then grabbed the phaser that was kept beneath his console. Pointing it at Eliot, he fired point-blank.

OOC: I think this means Mori's in command now.

OOC: Not a chance.

Eliot wasn't expecting to be struck, and he was knocked on the ground. However, he got his bearings quickly, and grabbed the gun barrel, twisting it upward as Jeff fired.
"You could have killed me, you loon!" Eliot says, as the shot clips off the tip of one of his blue spikes. "What was that for?"

"You mean besides trying to stuff me into a missile?" At this point, Jeff could contain it no more. "Or how about being a total doofus who isn't competent to swab the decks of a starship, let alone command one!" This was not what he had joined Starfleet for.

Mori sighed, she supposed there would be no point in taking over the ship if the entirety of the bridge crew had killed themselves before they even completed their mission. Also, although she had no patience for their alleged Captain, she wasn't going to tolerate insubordination, no matter how deserved it might be. She had an issue with hierarchy being violated, especially in a situation such as this. The last thing they needed was to have some sort of mutiny out in the middle of space.

"That's enough, both of you. Furgeson, be ready to fire on my command when we reach firing distance of the enemy base. Captain, please, take your seat and proceed to command this vessel as is appropriate to your position. If you feel unfit to do so, then I can take over for you, and I suggest you head to sick bay... which I'm surprised you haven't done already, given how you were looking at our Medical Officer."

Had there been a hint of jealousy in her voice? No, she was just annoyed with the situation on deck... although she had to admit that the rather awkward conversation between Arty and the Captain hadn't put her in the best mood.

((OOC: Sorry it's been so long, I had over 20 pages of work due this week for my classes))

"I understand completely. I apologize. I have failed as a captain." Eliot says, putting his hand on Mori's shoulder. "My duty is to lead, and what better way than by example?" He continues, putting a fishbowl on his head as he heads for the basement, taking a pair of assault rifles. "I need to calm down. Meanwhile, can you fire some missiles at the enemy base? It would be much appreciated."

Mori's intervention was the only thing that prevented Jeff from throttling Eliot. At least she knew how to command a starship. And she had given him an order to prepare to fire. He took a moment for his anger to bleed off before responding, "Aye, Commander." He shot one last look at Eliot that said don't [BLEEP] with me again before sitting back down at his console. As he did, he heard Eliot leaving the bridge. Maybe he'll fall out an airlock, he thought.

At any rate, he did still have a job to do. With the ship approaching the enemy base, he focused on the weapons board. "Arming missiles," he reported. "All weapons at full power."

"Fire, if you please." Eliot's voice says over the intercom. "Now be quiet, though. We must use stealth."

We're in space, you idiot, Jeff thought. They can't hear us no matter what we do. "Firing," he said instead.

On the screen, he watched missile after missile streak towards their target, exploding with the power of miniature supernovae. His board showed the damage they caused. "Their shields have collapsed. They're losing main power...and their weapons are gone."

"Cool." Eliot said over a walkie talkie, on the back of a missile which careened through the window of the enemy base.
"AAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" He laughed, shooting enemies with his dual-wielded assault rifles.

Mori blinked a few times, as she saw the Captain on the console screen... on a missile... shooting toward the enemy base. I may become Captain sooner than I expected. Mori thought. She sighed. It seemed like the Captain had already gone on alone. "Furgeson, further attacks may hit the Captain so..." She couldn't really bring herself to say that was a reason not to continue. "Be careful as you continue." Be careful that you hit him, that is.

Mori was trying to hold in the sarcasm, she could usually keep her negative comments between herself and Arty, but the Captain was really making that difficult. She looked down at the display. "Their power and weapons were down, but their personnel are probably alright for the most part. My plan had been to watch the monitors until most of the crew was concentrated in the same place, and then focus our next attack there. If the Captain hadn't recklessly gone down to the surface in such an...unorthodox manner, it might have even worked. Oh well, I suppose it can't be helped... Ferguson, please take out the rest of their weapons systems so we don't have to worry about retaliation while we're in orbit."

"After that, I'll be needing a landing party. Ferguson, you'll be in charge until we get back. Now, as for the landing party, Reid you'll be coming with me." She tapped her communicator. "Norton, as Medical Officer, you'll be part of the landing party, in case something happens. Meet Reid and I in Transporter Room 2. Adler, get ready to send us down."

------

"Got it!" Arty answered. "I'll be there as soon as I can." Arty looked over at Anput with a sigh. "Okay, I'm going to have to leave you alone for a while, but I won't be gone long."

The Rilou looked up at him, obviously a bit confused. "Don't worry." He picked her up. "Like I said, I'll be back as soon as I can. I'll have to take Watson with me though, in case someone gets hurt." He put her back down on the table and rubbed her head. He handed her a small toy. "Just play with this until I get back."

The Rilou took the toy happily and began to play with it. "Good," Arty said. He then turned to go. "Let's go, Watson." Watson got up from where he'd been sleeping, looking a bit annoyed, but followed him up to the transporter room.

--------

Mori looked over at Arty as he walked into the transporter room. They exchanged smiles briefly, before her face went back to her normal expression. "Now, since these people are our enemies, we'll need to set our phasers to kill. I'm hoping we can just find our Captain and get back quickly, but we'll need to be ready just in case."

Jeff nodded as Mori left the bridge. With her preparing to beam down and Dr. Strangelove already planetside, he may have been in command, but he wasn't leaving his helm during a battle. Instead, he charged up the ship's phasers for another volley. Locating the weapons banks on the enemy base, he fired the phaser salvo. One blast after another, and the base was crippled.

He hit the comm panel on his console, connecting him to the Transporter Room. "All their weapons have been destroyed," he reported. "You're good to go."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom