• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

StarShip : Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
PLOT: You get to be your very own crew of a starship; Starship: Kanto that is! In this parody of the popular series Star Trek, you will search the Poke Universe of new things. Such as new Pokemon , Planets , People , and maybe even a second you! The main crew will consist of 8 people, so get your posts in! If you are late, I may add you as a main crew, but if your extremely late you will be a non-main character. Appearing in different episodes. I will not participate as the main captain or any character for that matter, I will give updates, new news and choose when an episode will be winding down or ending... so good luck~

RULES: The general rules, I guess

The Captain Kirk - Captain TAKEN

The Spock - Commander (You don't have to be Vulcan :D) TAKEN

The McCoy - Head Medical OfficerTAKEN

The Scotty - Chief engineerTAKEN

The Uhura - Communications Officer TAKEN

The Sulu - The Helmsman (Weapontry) TAKEN

The Chekov - Security Officer TAKEN

Head Nurse

Secretary

EXAMPLE:
Name :
Age : (Have to be at least 22, try not to be the same age please)
Personality: ( Avoid Mary Sues...or Marty Stues, I guess)
History : (If you see a lot of the above character have a troubled past, try not to do the same, please :3)
Other:

SIGNED UP MAIN 8:
-Wes118
-Mouthful of Pi (Reserved)
-KittyJessibelle
-DracoMan
-Snivy Nation
-WanderingNamekian
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE FUN!!! AND STAY UPDATED ON HERE, PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU ARE GONNA MISS SOME DAYS!!!! THANKS! :bounce:

START UPS START ON SUNDAY EVENING!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Name : Wes Opal
Personality: He is a entertaining Person with many stories to tell of his quests and is also very friendly to get along with.
History : after obtaining all 8 badges in sinnoh and getting 5th in the league he decided to explore the universe to see what kind of life was out there.
Other: ill be on in the morning and evenings (7-8 am and 4-10 pm est)

Ok, you're added!~ yeah same with a lot of people...I can't post every 2 weekends o_O

Name : Hannalynn Reid
Personality: Hannalynn is very bubbly, if not a bit oblivious at times. She loves seeing new places and meeting new people, but can get frightened during extreme danger.
History : Hannalynn didn't start pokemon training until she was 15, so she has much less experience than others her age. After earning a badge or two from each region, she decided she wanted more adventure, and joined Starship Kanto.
Other: I'm available nearly all the time except for Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-9 PM.

Name: Jeffrey T. Ferguson
Personality: Very confident in himself and his crew. Enjoys facing new challenges, especially when doing so at high speed.
History: From Unova, Jeffrey was heavily involved in the developing sport of motorcycle battling, in which Pokemon Trainers conduct Pokemon Battles...on motorcycles. This allowed him to hone his driving/piloting abilities while under fire. Going into space afforded him the opportunity to do what he loves faster than ever.
Other: I'm usually online in the mornings (Eastern Time).

Wait, do we have to make our own characters or can we yank people from the anime? Cause I feel like Basho would be such a good person to be the Spock of the group.

Last edited:
Wait, do we have to make our own characters or can we yank people from the anime? Cause I feel like Basho would be such a good person to be the Spock of the group.
Sorry, you have to make your own :sweatlol: But it can be based off of him :p...and Welcome~

Okay, I might be able to do that. It will take some more time. Also I'm going to go ahead and ask if my character can still be a Team Rocket agent, as I was thinking that the reason a Team Rocket agent would be there would be something like that Team Rocket had sold the League (or whoever made the ship) some of the research they'd done, with the condition that they had to let a Team Rocket agent on the ship as a Commander. But now my agent character has to abide by the rules of this ship, which probably don't include exploiting Pokemon, so anything he/she does that isn't on the up-and-up will have to be well concealed. Also there is always the possibility my character will be swayed by the rest of the crew to the side of good, etc. I liked the idea because it reminded me of some of the dynamics of The Next Generation, where some of the crew members weren't from races/planets that the Federation completely trusted (like Worf), but everyone still had to get along and work together.

Also, if I do make this character, I'd be really tempted to make him/her in a set as Rockets typically come in twos, obviously I would operate them as a unit, so I promise not to power game (like I would only keep 6 Pokemon between them, as Rockets seem to do in the show etc.) and the partner would basically serve for flavor, more than as a separate character. Again, I'm fine with making a solo agent, but partners just seem to be the general set up.

Again, sorry to be such a weird case, but I don't make characters very often, as I tend to get way too obsessive when I do, so I like to be sure I know what to do/what I can do before I get really into it.

Oh, you can be Team Rocket, but If I were you, I would make them go undercover and pretend to be one of them >:D Partners? Usually if they are twins, yes, friends? No :S Sorry bout that :p Team Rocket sounds interesting....and fyi it take place in the game :dead: But that's good Team Rocket's more evil in the game :)

I mean the competent Team Rocket people are evil in the show as well (Basho, Buson, and Domino, for example), but okay I'll probably get this done tomorrow and post it. Although I don't know if they should be undercover or not, as I was thinking a sort of "uneasy alliance" dynamic (because that is VERY Star Trek). But maybe a compromise, like only the Captain would know or something?

Name: Chris Alder
Personality: Creative and open-minded, slight temper, sometimes over confident in his skills but manages to find a way
History: Chris is an over graduate of high school and was looking for a calling, so he joined StarShip Kanto
Other: I can get on at 8:00 P.M. and later (EST) on most nights

I mean the competent Team Rocket people are evil in the show as well (Basho, Buson, and Domino, for example), but okay I'll probably get this done tomorrow and post it. Although I don't know if they should be undercover or not, as I was thinking a sort of "uneasy alliance" dynamic (because that is VERY Star Trek). But maybe a compromise, like only the Captain would know or something?

Hmm, nice :p Accepted when Posted~! And Snivy Nation, Accepted

First off sorry this took so long, but it's not my fault. Bulbapedia Forums weren't working for me for the last two days.

Name: Mori Adler (short for Morina) (she and her partner's (Arty) names are a pun on the Sherlock Homles villain Moriarty, to follow the trend of Team Rocket agents having names of famous villains, I also think that it makes sense given Moriarty's place in the Star Trek Canon. Adler is the last name of Irene Adler, another famous Holmes adversary)

Hair: Purple, and shaped upward in pigtails that almost look like horns, with darker purple streaks

Eyes: Green

Rank in Team Rocket: Elite Officer of the Profit Expansion Division

Partner: Arty.

Team Rocket Uniform Color: Silver

Starship Uniform Color: Red (????) (Are we using the classic uniform color scheme where Deck Crew/Commanders are in Red or is something else happening) with silver as a secondary color instead of black, she claims to others that this is because she really likes the color and the Captain said she could use it (if we're not using the normal system, then her uniform is just silver with dark blue accents, like the Silver Officer Uniforms).

Other: She always wears a small necklace with a red and black rocket-shaped charm on her neck, which might be suspicious, if she wasn't involved in space travel, meaning that a rocket/spaceship type necklace is fairly normal.

Personality (as seen by others on the ship): Her main features are her high competence and intelligence. She is logical and calm, although this can lead her to be seen as a bit inhuman (although she would never be classified as cruel or mean spirited). She may occasionally let a sarcastic comment slip here and there, when frustrated with others for their inability, but in general she will just try to fix the problem rather than complain about how it got that way. She tries to stay calm in the face of danger or even failure, although she can become frustrated with herself (more so than others, even, when things go wrong). She is very focused on profits, and scientific discoveries, more so than exploration for its own sake, although this seems to be an extension of her practicality, not greed.

Personality (real): While she isn't subject to the same pettiness as other members of Team Rocket, she can be cruel and vengeful. She is usually calm, but if someone continually gets in her way, she will enjoy getting rid of them, and may even be harsher than necessary in doing so. That being said, Mori is being very careful not to let this happen while she is on the ship. Her normal state is not dissimilar to the way she presents herself to the other members on the ship, although without her partner around she is less comfortable and it is possible that she will not be able to keep her cool as easily. Additionally, she is not above stealing valuable artifacts discovered by the ship, if she thinks that the Team will need them, assuming she is sure she won't be caught.

Backstory: She was raised in a small town in Jhoto not too far from Blackthorn City, called Melanoid Town. Every year, Melanoid Town was attacked by a migratory flock of Spearow, and many of their crops were eaten or destroyed. When Team Rocket setup operations in Blackthorn City and the surrounding area, they found that the migratory Spearow obnoxious and captured them all for the company. Once Team Rocket discovered that this action had made the people of Melanoid incredibly grateful, they began to work toward recruiting people from the town as new agents. Around this time, Mori graduated from her studies at Pokemon Tech, and whens she returned home, Team Rocket offered her a deal, that as someone who had graduated with honors, she could skip straight to officers rank.

Unwilling to join alone, she enlisted the help of her childhood friend, Arty, who had been studying Pokemon science with Professor Elm in New Bark Town. Despite the fact that he had worked under Professor Elm, he was still willing to join Team Rocket, and in fact had disagreed with many of the ideals that he had been taught in his studies, and believed that science could be helped the most by using Pokemon for development, even against their will.

They joined as partners, with him making discoveries and realizing what sort of Pokemon he needed for experiments, them devising plans to capture them together, and her doing most of the Pokemon Battling due to her incredible skill as a trainer. They have become known as one of the most effective Team Rocket teams in the organization and currently have the rank of "Elite Officers."

Her Mission: When Mori and Arty were called into Giovanni's office, they assumed he wanted some sort of new Pokemon-based technology, as usual. However, he had a few very important pieces of news for them. First, that they had sold some of Arty's research to the Pokemon League that had been building a spaceship, and that as part of the price, Giovanni had demanded that they allow a Team Rocket agent aboard as the Second in Command. They readily accepted, until he informed them that he had only been able to get permission for one agent to go aboard. He offered the position to Arty, as it had been his research that had been used in the building of the ship, but Arty decided that Mori should go instead, as she was a better trainer and field agent.

Pokemon: Like All Team Rocket Agents, she and Arty had six Pokemon between them, however, she trained five of their main six Pokemon. Since he can also control her Pokemon, she usually only keeps three or four of her Pokemon with her at a time. She has many more than five, obviously, although she has really limited her use down to her main team, except for special missions. The bolded ones are the ones that will be with her at the start, the others are alternates, I'll let you know if she changes them out. You said we were in the game world, so I only gave my Pokemon four moves, these were based off of my team from Heartgold (at least most of them, some were pulled from other games).

Houndoom (Female)
Level: 62
Move Set: Flamethrower, Overheat, Shadow Ball, Crunch

Gengar (Male)
Level: 60
Moveset: Curse, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse

Gyarados (Female)
Level: 59
Moveset: Thunder, Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Surf

Metagross (N/A)**
Level: 56
Moveset: Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm, Strength

Salamence (Male)
Level: 55
Moveset: Dragon Claw, Fly, Earthquake, Fireblast

Rapidash (Male)
Level: 52
Moveset: Agiliy, Fire Blast, Wild Charge, Take Down
Mori has had her Rapidash for a long time, she raised it from a Ponyta when she was a child, and it lived on her parent's estate.

Tyranitar (Female)
Level: 56
Moveset: Crunch, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Fire Blast

**Mori's Metagross is a Shiny Metagross, although it was not born that way, its color was changed as a result of a collaborative experiment between Arty and Prof. Sebastian.

Mori usually keeps her Houndoom out of its Pokeball and with her at all times, although she will recall it if there is some sort of immediate need to do so (such as a problem on the bridge). Although she truly believes Pokemon are meant to serve mankind, she also tends to think that excessive cruelty toward Pokemon is a sign of a weak trainer. She bonds very closely with her Pokemon, even if she doesn't think of them as her equals. She does not, however, have any problem with Pokemon (especially wild Pokemon) suffering for research, although she really has no issue with people being experimented on if that is deemed necessary either.

Relationship with Arty:

She really has no idea how Arty feels about her, and has been confused by his sexual orientation (more on this in his profile) for years now, but since they have been friends for their entire lives, she is afraid to ask, because she thinks he will be offended. Assuming a relationship is possible, she would be happy to pursue one, as she hasn't really been in a serious relationship before, probably due to the strange limbo-esq state they've been in for nearly their entire lives. Regardless of the nature of their relationship, she cares about him very much and is often protective of him, because he is not really capable of defending himself physically or with Pokemon. It's basically been that way since they were kids, where other boys would pick on him (because of his pink hair, his slenderness, and his tendency to talk over their heads) and she would beat them up or make fun of them until they cried.

Last edited:
^ Wow :p Nice :D You are Accepted~ Welcome to the crew~! I like the backstory :3
3 is the max left, but 1 is needed to start :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom