• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start up: The Academy of Magic and Abilities-: Witchborne Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Gryphon

Bewitched
Reaction score
@Crow Song; @Sebastian Michealis; @Majin Mew; @Calvin the Unknown; @swordmaster; @Renegade X; @Sximple Ghurl; @PkmnSapphire; @LichenLeaf; @Valcarona;

On the planet Earth, the human race goes on about their business, working day and night for a family and to live a normal life. It seems all good but the mortals are blind and oblivious to an entire different world on the same planet. A world where witches, wizards and people with powers exists. Where vampires, werewolves, goblins and everything that mortals believe is a fairytale, is more then real lurking in the darkness. And they are oblivious to an Academy, suited in the heart of America hidden deep in a rainforest, a place with only a few towns around the rainforest. The Academy of Magic and Abilities, known as Witchborne Academy, despite it's name it's only home to young witches but to people with many races and powers, to wizards and witches to people who have powers on their own, and don't need to chant anything to make something happened.

Students around the age of 13-18 are trained in the Magic Arts and all things related to the magical worlds, some are born right into it while others only just found out about their supernatural powers. They are trained to become stronger and to fight against the darkness, because they are what stands between an oblivious race and total annihilation of all things mortal.

Witchborne Academy isn't the only academy like it, there are a few smaller ones across Americas, and main Academies across the globe suited in Australia, Japan, China, Russia, England and other places, hidden away from the mortal eye. However Witchborne is known for creating it's most powerful heroes and legends, and hiring the best of the best staff.

Elves and Humans are the most commonly found at the Academies, due to the nature of Elves they are hidden well away from mortals, and their only choice of schooling are the ones such as Witchborne. Both Humans and Elves can be a witch, wizard, Mage or any magic user but most Elves are mostly Mages, while Humans dabble in the other areas of the Supernatural.

But not everything is good and pure. Outside of the Academies are dark beings, that would love to corrupt the students. Creatures such as demons and vampires, werewolves all wanting to destroy the force of Good and take over the mortal realm. Although the Academy can be safe, there is an Dark Overlord who lunges attacks against Witchborne Academy, and hundreds miles away is an Academy for the Dark Arts and evil.

OOC: You are all arriving to the school via train. Since it's loosely based with Harry Potter in mind, picture the Academy being similar to Hogwarts but with some changes.

It was the first day of Winter, and it meant for Witchborne Academy that it was starting up again, old and new students would be coming to the academy any minute via train, the first snowflake started falling on the ancient looking school, that was ruled for over two centuries. It's walls were a dull brick grey, pointy roofs pointed to the sky, one large part of the building held the dorms for everyone. Outside was a train station that would led the students straight to the doors of the Academy when it stopped.

The school grounds was large, the size of three football fields with tree covering most of it, to hide the Academy more from unwanted eyes, from the sky it looked like a patch of grass due to an illusion placed up by a powerful witch eons ago. An lake sat close to the trees as well, and among all of this had creatures that the mortal world never imagined to be real, pixies or Germits, little insects that were harmless but loved the feel of magic around them.

Kathany Moonscape stared out of a large window, from her office that overlooked the front part of the school, the inside of the school was magnificent, marble walls and marble floors with candles hanging up in every corner, the fire lit by magic and going strong. It was truly home to Kathany, the headmistress and known as the "Elven Goddess" despite not liking being called that. She could see the train coming from a few miles down and hear the horn blaring. It was a magic train that only came every few months to bring or take students and staff members.

"So.. the first day begins" Kathany whispered watching the train drawn closer before she headed out of her office and towards the first floor to see these students.

Jade Mith squirmed her way through the throng of people on the train, determined to be the first one off. Her grip tightened on her luggage when she saw her first glance of the Academy. She couldn't help but grin cockily. She liked hanging around mortals, but she was always a bit left out. Here, she could really do her thing.

When the train finally stopped, and the doors opened, she jumped out, and ran forward a bit. Vinny, her corn snake, tightened his grip around Jade's arm. "This is gonna be cool!" She didn't feel nervous at all. Just ready to tackle whatever the Academy threw at her.

The journey in the magical train was very comfortable and enjoying as the train passed several beautiful gifts of nature.A pink-haired lady was sitting next to the window.Her name was Louise Françoise de Lute le Blanc de la Valliére,or just Louise Françoise de la Valliére for short.She originally came from Tristain Academy of Magic.She didn't exactly planned to transfer school,but still,she sort of liked it because no one would call her "Louise the Zero" anymore...for now.

When the train stopped,she looked at the many excited students that rushed off outside.She waited patiently until she finally came out as well.Then a white bird with beautiful long tail feathers flew down and landed on Louise's finger.

"Did you had a nice flight?" Louise asked the white bird sweetly.The bird chirped happily and snugged its head on Louise's cheek.Then the bird glowed white,then light pink.It floated and started to shape into a circular figure.Then the light carefully faded.A cute pink circular creature fell to Louise's hands.Then Louise continued walking towards the academy.

In the far back of the train, there was a girl supposedly sleeping with an owl next to her. This girl was Candace Royce, better known as Rose for the rose brooch she wore on her pale white dress. Furthermore, one with a trained eye would know that she wasn't sleeping, but meditating. This was easy to tell by her upright, cross-legged posture, and the ball of psionic energy that floated in front of her head. Every so often, the ball would waver, due to the immense concentration needed to keep it from falling and/or detonating.

A sickly-looking boy stared up at the castle from the train platform, taking in the ancient architecture. "Well, this will be... differant." he mused to himself. He was somewhat worried that he would stand out here, considering that he had yet to see anyone one else who wasn't human. Still, he hoped that he would at least be safe here from people who would wish him ill for the way he looked, or the type of creature that he was. He beckoned his faithfull companion over and hoisted what luggage he had - an old traveling backpack - over his shoulder and started making his way up towards the front doors of the acadamy, wondering how the teaching staff were going to react to him. In an effort to calm himself he pulled his shadow up from the ground and wrapped it around his arm, playing with it as he made his way across the school grounds.

OOC:Hmm, Tobias appearance is like a sickly less asian Daemon. There powers are even similar. This will the rivalry of the century!

A wolf with pure black fur exited the train. In it's mouth it carried a small black pup by the scruff of it's neck. After putting the pup down, the wold began to morph. Standing in it's place was a boy with raven hair and dark brown eyes. "Well this'll be an experience..." he muttered, "Might as well make a first impression." He stood in front of the other students and began to shout. "Name's Daemon Lycos! If you have any prejudice against shapeshifters, I'd get rid of it and learn your place!"

Tobias pushed past the grand-standing boy. "I don't care what you are, trust me when I say that it's not an issue, but everyone here" He gestures to the other students making their way towards the castle "has something special about them that brought them here. Don't think you're special just because you're differant." The Agent of Darkness let his shadow fall back to the ground and continued walking towards the castle. He sincerely hoped that he would not have that boy in many of his classes.

"Quite," Daemon said smirking evilly at the boy, "and it seems we have another umbrapath among us." He pointed his hand at the boy and over it formed a glove dark energy. "You all may be special, but I am far too powerful to be considered among you."

"Would you be quiet already, your just gonna turn into a nice guy like the rest of us..." muttered a voice within Daemon's head.

"Shut up..." he mumbled, earning some strange looks from the others.

A red haired man stepped off the train. He'd been assigned to watch the students, something he wasn't too pleased about. As he saw the two boys arguing he growled. "Every goddamn year..." he growled.

"This place is so big, and there's so many people..." Alice whispered.
"Oh come on! It's just the first day, you'll be fine." Nyx whispered in the girl's ear.
"But I've only been in the magic world for about a month, I don't know what half of these people even are..." Alice slowly started walking out, Nyx sighed
"Your gonna be fine. I'll help you out, I've been here longer than you have. So get moving!"
Alice walked out of the train with the violet fairy, reassured by it's words.

OOC: Just to let everyone know, Nyx is genderless, so I'm calling it an it.

Taylor walked off of the train. She sniffed the air, and saw a large man talking to some kids. She should go to the teacher, right? she walked to the group, and she decided to ask him.
"Are you a teacher?" she asked the man.

"Why yes, I am Professor Kelos, head of battle magic," said the man, introducing himself, "Your first year here?" He figured he'd be kind now, but the moment they entered his class they were going to be very surprised.

Forgetting what he had been talking about Daemon shrugged and turned away. His nose began to twitch, and he sniffed the air. Returning to his wolf form he sniffed the ground and stopped at a girl with white hair. Morphing back into a human, he smirked at the girl. "Werewolf? Quite brilliant for something think of as a curse," he said, "Lived among them most my life. Name's Daemon, a wolf morph."

"Do I fallow you into the school?" Taylor asked the battle teacher. She turned to Daemon. "You lived with the other Werewolves?" She growled "I hate other werewolves, They tried to kill my parents"

"I believe the headmaster is waiting inside," replied Octavian, "Go inside whenever you feel like it." He shrugged and walked towards the school.

"Come now, they're not all bad," said Daemon after the teacher left, "For one, you. It was probably just a bad pack. I'm not even a werewolf, but my tribe still accepted me and and my family."

"So what are you then" Tobias formed his own glove of shadows and tapped him on the shoulder. "And if you are so incredibly powerfull why are you at school like the rest of us? Seems to me that you're all hot air." He looked at Daemon tiredly. "And stop smirking at the nice lady, it's unbecoming of a civilized whatever-you-are."

"whatever" Taylor said to the wolf. "She bowed to the teacher "thank You" She turned and barked. A tiny puppy that was raising It's leg to do something not nice to the trees, stopped, and ran beside his master.
"Let's go," she told him as they walked into the school.

"Why shouldn't I? She's of a much better species than you. The white hair isn't bad either," he said, mumbling the last part, "And for your information, my problem isn't getting stronger. It's controlling all the power I already have." The hellhound pup from earlier ran up to it's master. He placed him on his shoulder and walked towards the main entrance.

Alice went inside the school, following a few others. She overheard their conversation, something about werewolves.
"Nyx, do werewolves really exist?" She whispered
"Wow, you're more naive than I thought. Of course they exist." It replied.
"R-really? Next thing you know, an elf is gonna show up..."
"They exist too, you know. I'm surprised you haven't noticed"

The fellow students and teachers headed inside the school and were ushered to the Main Hall, it was giant with rows of tables and seats, plates, forks and spoons all sat in a neat row. In the front was a smaller table for the teachers and the headmistress herself. The floors were a dark wood brown color that looked nice with the dark marble walls, the candle chandeliers lit up the whole place, brighter then you expect. Kathany, or Professor Moonscape was standing at the front awaiting the students and the teachers to arrive, listening to their bickering and watching as they rushed to their seats.

"Silence please! I must have your attention for aleast five minutes, then you can continue your talking" Kathany irrupted with a booming voice, which sounded very unusual for a woman like Kathany, due to the fact she was using magic to throw her voice. "First of all, I would like to welcome you to Witchborne Academy, it is a honor and pleasure to have each and every one of you here" Kathany explained looking around the Great Hall, her teachers going to the table behind her.

"Now, there are no houses unlike some rivaling academies, I for one don't really believe in separating students into houses and instead will be known as a united front, you all will have dorms in the same tower, you may share a dorm or have one to yourself, a map will be going around so you know all your classes. Now let me introduce your teachers" Kathany replied before looking behind her, a female blonde around thirty years of age came from a side door and rushed up to one of the seats looking a bit late but calm.

"For my introduction, I am Kathany Moonscape the headmistress, you can either call me Professor Moonscape or Professor Kathany, whichever you prefer" Kathany introduced herself first before going onto the others. At that moment a pure snow white eagle flew through the hall and landed on a perch next to Kathany, she seemed to stare at the students with scarlet red eyes before preening herself.

"Next to me is Professor Raven Regendorf, who will be teaching Divination classes. Over here is Professor Octavian Kelos, he will be teaching the class Dueling and Self Defense, which will come in handy. Our next and last teacher, is Professor Ellanore Firestone, who will be teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts, which does sound like Professor's Kelos class but more different, as it focus on learning about what's out there and what you should do, if you encounter a bad being" Kathany explained finishing her introductions with the teachers.

"Now, let the great feast, begin! Merlin, our ancient wizard and care keeper, do the honors" Kathany asked pointing to an old man over to the side, near the door, he had a great long and grey beard, matching his grey hair, he looked like a wizard as well wearing a pointy hate and robe. He chanted something in an unknown language before food appeared on the plates in front of the students and wizards, it was all sorts of foods you could imagine, curries, chicken, pasta, lasagna, pizza and so much more with delicious dessert around as well.

"Once again, Welcome to Witchborne Academy" Kathany said sitting down at her table as she allowed the students to eat. "There will be no classes until tomorrow, today is a day for introductions and getting to know each other" Kathany added.

OOC: I will be creating a SU for Ellanore, she's a character I thought of and we could use the same teachers (Sounds like the same amount on Harry Potter), Merlin is just a side character though to make spells like the feast.

Tobias snagged a piece of greasy pizza as well as a few rare steaks and dropped them on his plate, munching on the pizza while he mulled on the speach given by the pretentious boy from outside. "So he has power where I have controll. How interesting." He sent a small tendril snaking out from the shadow of his plate to grab another slice of the pizza, peperony this time, and looked around the grand room, taking in the people here. "Well, at least this place is pretty diverse. There's one point in the favor of this school."

Daemon's eyes widened at the mention of food and he began to pile anything with meat in it onto his plate. He began to scarf it down with some assistance form his pup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom