• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[START-UP] The Animé Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS3D

Reaction score
OOC: Welcome to the Animé Journey, an RP that takes place in the same universe as the animé.

Sign-ups are done. There are five trainers, three male, two female. Males include Cygnus Light, Tyler, and Bryan Roberts by Bulbapedia members Corruption, OwNaGe, and Silver (respectively). Females are Erizu Ebansu and Sam, by Bulbapedia members Ebansu and Star_girlz93.

The story so far...

You and your friends are all Pokémon trainers from Pallet Town. The tradition is for all 10-year-olds to begin your journey, but you didn't. All of you are 12 or 13. But the time has come for you to finally leave town.

Tomorrow Professor Oak, the local authority on all things Pokémon, is giving away four starter Pokémon, Bulbasaur, the grass-type Pokémon, Squirtle, the water-type Pokémon, Charmander, the fire-type Pokémon, or Pikachu, the electric-type Pokémon. Two of each are available, but only one Pikachu. The reason is, Pikachu was only recently caught and is a bit stubborn. It doesn't seem to like people very much.

First come, first serve! What to do...

Remember, you can do what you want. While you can't control NPCs (other rules that apply to other RPs apply here to an extent) but you don't HAVE to get a Pokémon. You could go out in the tall grass by yourself...

Tyler walked out of his house. It was a sunny morning and he was walking to the lab to get his Pokemon. He was planning on picking Charmander so, he woke up early so, he could get their first. He walked to the lab and opened the door. "Hi" he said to Prof. Oak "I bet you're here for a Pokemon" he said "Which one do you want?" "Charmander" said Tyler. Professor Oak tossed the Pokeball to him and he caught it. "Thanks" said Tyler before walking out the door.

((hey, random question-Is Gary in this? Or does he not exist like Ash? Also ownage, Oak's an Npc, you can't do that.))

Sam walked around her room in a circle, thinking about what starter pokemon she would pick tomorrow morning.
"Hmm....Squirtle is really cute....but Charizard, what charmander evolves into, is supposed to be really powerful...and Bulbasaur's vine whip could come in handy..."
Sam flopped down onto her bed an laid down. " Whatever...I'll decide in the morning. " Sam said, falling asleep.

((I was supposed to do this earlier, but this is what sam looks like.))

Last edited:
Cygnus frowned for a moment, finger to his chin as he scrutinized his ceiling, his eyes wandering over every inch of grey paint, taking in the way the monochromatic coating flaked away in certain places, his boredom taking over as he analyzed each and every mark left on the wall above him, trying to place the exact instance when they'd first been created. His mind wandered before he sighed.

"Father - I want a Pokemon."

OOC:
1. Ebansu's Glameow hat is not allowed, for the current reference, there are just 151 Pokémon.
2. Ash does not exist, but Gary does.
3. You may control non-canonical characters that don't interact with other players, such as your own parents. That is allowed.

THE STORY
As a Doduo signaled the dawn of a new day, Professor Oak was greeted by the first trainer, Tyler.

"Hello!" Professor Oak said. "You're the second one here today. The first, as you may know, is Gary, my grandson. I heard that you were interested in the Fire Pokémon, Charmander." A small pedestal in the center of the lab had a Poké Ball on it. Your Pokémon journey begins today. Here are some tools to get you started. A Pokédex, a device that lets you track the Pokémon you've seen or caught, and some Poké Balls."

"CHARMANDER. Lizard Pokémon. Obviously prefers hot places. When it rains, steam is said to spout from the tip of its tail."

---

Sam walked down to professor Oak's lab, yawning, since it was still pretty early. She Walked inside, passing by tyler who appeared to have gotten his pokemon.

"Good morning, Professor." Sam said. "I'm here to get my pokemon. I put a lot of thought into it, and I pick bulbasaur.

Professor Oak grinned.
"Bulbasaur it is! As being a Pokémon trainer, you also get a Pokédex. It's a device that lets you track the Pokémon you've seen or caught. It's an electronic encyclopedia! You can use your Bulbasaur to get Pokémon. Here are four Poké Balls. Use them wisely, they do cost money!"

The Pokédex displayed a picture of Bulbasaur and said in a chirpy electronic voice:
"BULBASAUR. Seed Pokémon. A strange seed was planted on its back at birth. The plant sprouts and grows with this Pokémon."

Gary was smirking.
"You and that Tyler guy. Total losers. I wonder what other losers will come by today."

Sam shot a glare at Gary, then took the pokeballs and pokedex from Oak.
"Thank you professor." sam said. She walked out he door.

Cygnus knew he was supposed to be getting one from Professor Oak but really, such a thought didn't interest him in the slightest. "I don't want a boring one. Go find me a good one." His father, of course, had not been impressed, and so Cygnus had trdgued his way along to the lab, pushing open the door with a great heave and frowning almost immediately.

A few seconds later he'd changes his mind and had plodded out into the grass - alone, mind - his only Pokeball in hand, deciding he'd far rather try his luck in the tall grass then get a boring old 'regular' Pokemon. Not that anything he could find would be particularly exciting, mind.

Erizu rushed into the lab smiling, "I don't know which pokemon to get," She said, "Hey Oak, what Pokemon do you recommend?" SHe was her usual happy self and looked at the pokeballs, "I really can't decide."

Cygnus walked into the grasslands of Route 1. The grass rustled: a Pidgey!

Meanwhile, back at the lab, Ebansu was unsure of what Pokémon to get.
Professor Oak began talking. "Well, the nearest gym in Pewter City has primarily rock and ground Pokémon: I wouldn't recommend Charmander. But since I haven't given a Squirtle, why don't you give the "Water Pokémon" a try?"

Do you accept Oak's offer?

Hmmrf. A pidgey. Not exactly the most interesting Pokemon, Cygnus supposed, but it'd do. He narrowed his eyes at the Pokemon, fingering the pokeball his father had leant him absentmindedly, throwing it gently out in front of him. "Charmeleon, Fire Fang." He'd have to return the Pokemon to his father later, he knew, but he only needed it to catch the pidgey. He'd return it soon enough.

The Pidgey fainted in front of Cygnus. There were "X"s over its eyes. He threw the Poké Ball he had, and it worked.

"Hrmmf. Well, that was somewhat simpler than I'd first expected," Cygnus murmured to himself, clutching the Pokeball in his hand. A pidgey. Not too bad of a first Pokemon, and he'd caught it himself so that must count for something he supposed. Smiling he walked back towards his house, with the intention of returning his father's charmeleon, racking his mind for a nickname for his new Pokemon. "I'll call you Maero."

Cygnus had hardly gotten to the front door when his father blocked him.
"Cygnus? What's going on? Why do you have my Charmeleon?"

Before Cygnus could say another word, his father grabbed both Maero's ball and the Charmeleon's ball from him.

"You really ought to know better before you start fighting. And besides, this Pidgey is rather weak. You should go see Professor Oak...he's got a real Pokémon you could use. I heard that he's recently caught a Pikachu."

Erizu had presumably got a Squirtle, but it was still in its Poké Ball, so no one could really tell.

"Yeah, a squirtle's good!" Erizu nodded and ran off to go and train it up quickly excited, "I'll name you Baburo," She said letting the Squirtle out so it could run by her side.

Cygnus frowned at his father. "I don't want a Pikachu, father. And I'm not going to get a Pikachu. Now give me back the Pokeball." Cygnus' tone was cold, his gaze calculating as he stared down his father.

Okay, maybe he hadn't been given express permission to take the charmeleon but really, he didn't want one of the starters Professor Oak was giving out.

He'd gotten rather attached to the pidgey.

"I'm going to take the bird and then I am going to leave," Cygnus informed the older man, reaching forward, intending to snatch Maero's pokeball back off him.

Erizu caught sight of the boy and his father and watched from afar as the boy stretched his arm out to snatch the pokeball back, she didn't quite understand what was happening, but watched, Baburo beside her staring.

Cygnus's father pulled Maero's ball further away from him.
"Cyg, you know that you don't have a license to be a trainer yet. Why didn't you get when you were 10? Normally, people have to test for them, but Professor Oak could get you one..."

Cygnus frowned to himself, baring his teeth at his father. "Return the ball, now. I am not going to go to Professor Oak. Ever. Now give me the ball and I shall be on my way, regardless of whether it'd legal or not."

Okay, now he was annoyed, and he charged at his father, desperately trying to pry the ball from between the man's fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom