• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter discussion/speculation

Rowlet, Litten or Popplio?

• Total voters
FINALLY a Fire-type that I want to pick! It's been a long time since I chose a Fire-type starter, and the last was Cyndaquil. I hope it evolves to be Fire/Dark or just pure Fire - ANYTHING than becoming bipedal( and gaining a Fighting type. )

I just hope Popplio evolves into something other than Water/Ice, although I can see that happening to counter Rowlet's Grass/Flying. Perhaps it will gain the Psychic-type and use telekinesis to cheat when balancing a bubble on its nose? Or it will just stay pure Water because reasons.
Litten will become Fire/Fighting; our reprieve won't last forever :p. (In all seriousness though, I can see it being Fire/Dark).

The only starter I really like is Popplet. The other two just look weird to mee. Maybe I need some time to get used to them, but I liked Gen VI starter more by the time XY was announced.

I think all of them are really cute, though my favorite is probably Litten. Sporting my favorite color combination of red and black, it just has to be, haha. Hopefully it will turn into a Fire/Dark type, but I won't be salty if it doesn't (okay maybe a little bit).

Litten's marking on its head looks like the top of a Brimstone symbol to me, and its eyes and the red around them the lower part, albeit detached. Hmm, now I want to go play some Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Favorites and in most cases picked first
Gen 1 ( techinally 3 fr) charmander
Gen 2 cyndaquil
Gen 3 mudkip/torchic/ treecko (loved all 3 and picked each one on different play through)
Gen 4:turtwig
Gen 5: oshawott
Gen 6:chespin (frokie for competive use)
Gen 7: don't know I like the owl and litten the seal is growing on me. I will probably chose litten in honor of my cat Leo who went missing in October

Rowlet literally has a face that is an apple cut in half, holy crap.

It's the apple of your "owl" then?
That pun makes no sense man. But I dunno, I'm conflicted. Rowlet is the most traditonal designes one, Litten has those weird eyes and is the least Sugimori of em all, and Popplip is..... Popplio, I don't even know. And I'm a total water bro, I loved Oshawott from the reveal, but Popplio...meh.

The profile for Rowlet mentions that it has a high advantage in night battles.

Could this possibly mean that there's going to be changes to how Day/Night has an effect in battles? (yes, I know I posted this elsewhere, but I really want to see if this relates)

That pun makes no sense man. But I dunno, I'm conflicted. Rowlet is the most traditonal designes one, Litten has those weird eyes and is the least Sugimori of em all, and Popplip is..... Popplio, I don't even know. And I'm a total water bro, I loved Oshawott from the reveal, but Popplio...meh.
I got up at 4:30 to handle all this. My puns don't have to make sense.

But I agree, Poplio isn't doing it for me. I haven't really been enjoying water starters lately.

Popplio is definitely probably going to be the "slow" starter.

Do you mean the speed stat, or the character? If it's the former, well, it's entry says it's fast in water than land, so we could interpret it will get swift swim as hidden ability, or it will really be fast.

Do you mean the speed stat, or the character? If it's the former, well, it's entry says it's fast in water than land, so we could interpret it will get swift swim as hidden ability, or it will really be fast.

The speed stat. I think it will be fast on water, but slow on land.

In the footage, Poplio occasionally lifts itself up onto its tail. Could this mean its later evolutions will be bipedal and their final typings will be, eg. Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark & Water/Fighting?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom