• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
realisation
Reaction score
Re: Which new Generation Six starter is your favourite?

For now, it has to be the water-type, Froakie, though, I always tend to go for the Fire-type starters.
I'm holding out for the evolutions; but Froakie's look of pensive intellect gets my vote.

Darkrai ♥
Reaction score

The water Pokemon, Froakie looks awesome! The others - hm. I guess the others do look cool but the Grass one reminds of a green Oshawott for some reason, haha.

Drifter
Reaction score

A tad too soon to call and I really wanna wait until their other forms are shown personally. But atm, Fennekin stands out the most to me. Otherwise, they're all in the "different" & "interesting" looks department.

Reaction score

FENNEKIN!!! cutest Fire Starter ever! (Sorry Torchic) and it might be Fire/Psychic! sweet! not unique (hello Victini) but a million times better than Fire/Fighting

I'm the Blaze Master now!
Reaction score

Please GF, no fire-fighting, else my hopes and dreams of Fennekin go down the drain

Reaction score

I've got to say... I don't know whether it's just because of all the excitement of today and the (IMO) absolutely immense looking trailer but...

These are the first starters I've liked very very much (and equally) since Kanto.

When I saw the Gen II, Gen III and Gen V starters I felt like it was a bit of an anti-climax. Gen IV I liked more but no where near as much as Gen I.

However, these guys... I don't understand how people can be slating the designs or saying that one is OK and the other two suck. I know it's just a matter of opinion after all, but Bravo Game Freak, Bravo.

Reaction score

Fennekin. Love those ears.

Have a pancake.
Reaction score

The water Pokemon, Froakie looks awesome! The others - hm. I guess the others do look cool but the Grass one reminds of a green Oshawott for some reason, haha.
That's funny, I was just thinking of how Froakie reminded me of a Water-type Chimchar, lol.

That said, Froakie is my fave, closely tied with Chespin. At first I was like "wtf" but after trawling deviantart for fan art I've come to love them. As for Fennekin ... meh. It's cute, I admit, but I just feel nothing for it atm. I'm sure it'll grow on me though. To be fair, I've never really liked the fire starters except for Torchic & Cyndaquil, so this is a relatively positive reaction for me. I'm sure it'll come to grow on me (unless it's fire-fighting!) <3

Who is the fairest of them all?
Reaction score

Fennekin, no competition.

Reaction score

I strongly dislike Fennekin so.... yes :'D;;; not that one

Chespin has possibly become one of my favourites ever, Definately my first choice as soon as I get the game!

Froakie is a close second as I find it absolutely adorable~

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Froakie's my favourite. It just reminds me of Mudkip. Next is Fennekin (I'm loving it's majestic qualities). I don't like Chespin, though. I don't know why, but as soon as I saw it, I hated it.

Darkrai ♥
Reaction score

That's funny, I was just thinking of how Froakie reminded me of a Water-type Chimchar, lol.

That said, Froakie is my fave, closely tied with Chespin. At first I was like "wtf" but after trawling deviantart for fan art I've come to love them. As for Fennekin ... meh. It's cute, I admit, but I just feel nothing for it atm. I'm sure it'll grow on me though. To be fair, I've never really liked the fire starters except for Torchic & Cyndaquil, so this is a relatively positive reaction for me. I'm sure it'll come to grow on me (unless it's fire-fighting!) <3
I can't un-see! They look very similar now in their stance! :O

image.jpgimage.jpg

God dammit Zubat! xD

I love the way I am~
Reaction score

Fennekin is my instant favorite, but I seriously love ALL of them <3 Froakie comes second, Chespin third.

#TeamSword
Reaction score

So is that a mustache or glasses on its face?

Something
Reaction score

Fennkin is just so d'awwwwwww and it has that sort of expression Smugleaf, I mean, Snivy had. Definitely choosing it.

Reaction score

At the moment, Froakie. Maybe I'm just biased because I've always picked the Water starter and I want to continue the tradition. Chespin comes a close second for me. They all look pretty nice though.

The Coolest!
Reaction score

Fennekin. Hands down!

I've always loved Vulpix/Ninetails, and Fennekin reminds me so much of them. So adorable looking! :awww:

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score

Fennekin is my favorite, definitely. It's just so cute and its head looks too big for its neck.

literal shrubbery
Reaction score

I don't like any of them atm (things take a while to grow on me :u) but Fennekin is kinda okay, I guess.