• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Which new Generation Six starter is your favourite?

Fennekin, but Froakie would probably be too if not for its name.

The grass one is rather... bad.

Best starters since Gen 3, though, IMO.

Froakie is my favorite for sure.

He reminds me of Poliwag. :)

Last edited:

So is that a mustache or glasses on its face?

I thought they were snot bubbles ^^;

Also, I was so right about what I thought earlier; I've gone from "utter indifference" towards Fennekin to "madly in love" (I still like Froakie most though) <3

tumblr_inline_mgbmuxHUwc1qcvfr3.png

thief.jpg

So Froakie is based on Japanese thieves? That is interesting, maybe it will be the fast starter of this generation.

Okay, so after looking at Froakie a bit more, I admit that it really is kind of cute, a weird sort of cute. The name is still a bit off-putting though. It sounds like what a 6-year-old would name their pet frog xD

I love Fennekin, and the grass starter looks pretty cool. But Froakie is kind of a let down for me.

So Froakie is based on Japanese thieves? That is interesting, maybe it will be the fast starter of this generation.

Froakie just gets keeps getting cooler and cooler. Water/Dark is looking more like a plausible final typing.

If we actually get a fast Water type starter for once, I'm totally choosing that.

Currently, I'm aiming for Fennekin. I tend to like the Water starters personally and usually end up picking one, but Froakie doesn't really appeal to me yet. I'll have to wait until I see the evolutions. I had a similar problem with Gen V: I loved Tepig and Oshawott and was so-so about Snivy, but as soon as I saw the evolutions, I preferred both the Water and Grass evolutions over the Fire. I really hope this Fire starter's evolutions don't disappoint me, otherwise I might have to go with Chespin. But the frog may grow on me once the evolutions come out.

But I REALLY am loving the little fire fox! :)

I keep misspelling Fennekin as Fennelkin

tumblr_mgbrslfIa61qbgiw9o1_500.png

I will start with Fennelkin

The little frog is so adorable, but so are the other two. So hard to make a decision but I think I'll go with either the fire or water starter depending on their evolutions!

none at this point and i will probably have to ditch them because i can't stand to look at them

I must say I'm surprised this generation's starters got such a warm welcome, honestly just after seeing them I thought that they would suffer from mass hatred but it's quite the opposite that happened, and it's much better this way. At the same time, I can see why some people dislike them.
My opinion still hasn't changed : I find Chespin to be the most adorable out of the three.

I am also excited to see the evolutions, but I still think Froakie will take the cake for me.

Last edited:

I really like how Chespin looks. However, I also like the appearance of Fennekin.

Fennekin for sure. I love fire types, and it's super adorable.

Froakie's the greatest starter ever...
So why is it losing the poll???

I ALWAYS choose the water starter. nuff said. and Frogs are cool. although Fennekin has a cool design.
I just cant wait to see their evolutions!

Fennekin stole my heart the minute I saw it. :3

Froakie just gets keeps getting cooler and cooler. Water/Dark is looking more like a plausible final typing.

If we actually get a fast Water type starter for once, I'm totally choosing that.

A Water/Dark starter with high Speed stat would be the best starter ever.
That said, I am afraid it will end up being a generic Water/Ice piece of crap in its final form.

Edit: Does anyone know which is the second move Froakie uses in the video? Thief maybe?

OK, so I can see how Froakie is a thief, and Fennekin is probably associated with kitsune if it's part Psychic. But what about Chespin? Perhaps it will evolve into a boxing Kangaroo (or something)?

P.S. I've been in favour of a Water/Ice starter since Gen V got announced ;P

Back
Top Bottom