• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Gen VI Shiny Starters - Thoughts?

Fennikin will likely be colored light purple, but I'd like him to be crimson.
Froakie will probably be pink, but I'd love for him to be orange.
Chespin will likely have a light blue plant-hat, but if it's brown patches and hat were turned black it would increase it's cool factor by a ton.

What I really would like is very noticeable gender changes, seeing that the games are named X and Y.

Re: Pokémon X & Y Starter Discussion

This'll be the first time since RSE that I might pick the Grass starter. Otherwise it's always been Fire.

This'll be the first time since RSE that I might pick the Grass starter. Otherwise it's always been Fire. ^^

I always have picked the water starter, but for Black 2, I wanted to switch it up and picked Grass.

I am still about 90% sure Froakie will be my starter though.

Last edited:

Now that I'm used to them, Fennekin is starting to grow on me. I still think my starter will be either Chespin or Froakie.

Re: Starters final forms?

You guys want to see Fennekie's final form
Then here it is-
180px-Kirara_%28transformed%29.jpg
This is the perfect final form of Fennekie !
This is the reason I want Ash to have this Pokemon.

Well Ash will definitely have Chespin, he always gets the Grass-type. He may have Fennekie (and he most likely will, there was only one generation where he didn't get the Fire-type starter) and if he does then it'll very likely be fully-evolved. Froakie...maybe the least likely of the three but still it's possible.

If ash gets all three starters again like last time, I hope that we will FINALLY get to see him with a fully evolved water starter.

I'm wondering if Fennekin will be fire/psychic. It looked like a psychic move was used in the trailer.

For the longest time, I thought Ninetails was Fire/Psychic. I just don't want to see another fire/fighting.

Chespin- Blue, like a certain other fictional hedgehog
Fennekin- White like Ametesaru
Froakie- Orange like chief toad from Naruto.

Guys, I can't say how much I love seeing everyone going ga-ga over the starters. They all have HUGE fanbases and I've yet to see one bitchy complaint. Glad to see the fandom having nothing but good things to say :D :D :D

Wait, you mean to tell me that fanboys aren't bitching over the designs for once? What is this I don't even...

tumblr_mgdldzKewr1rm7qcco1_500.jpg
What do you guys think of these guys? Found the pic on tumblr

Froakie - Pinkish or Purplish.
Chespin - The green parts would be cyan colored.
Fennekin - Pinkish.

A purple Froakie + Evolutions would make me very happy. I probably won't obtain a shiny one anyways, but at least I can look.

Guys, I can't say how much I love seeing everyone going ga-ga over the starters. They all have HUGE fanbases and I've yet to see one bitchy complaint. Glad to see the fandom having nothing but good things to say :D :D :D

Wait, you mean to tell me that fanboys aren't bitching over the designs for once? What is this I don't even...

I know right? It's so weird. The designs are really good this time around. I actually almost like the grass starter.

Normally, I don't have a true opinion on a Pokemon when I see it for the first time, but I somehow got to like Fennekin already; it is just so adorable. I like Chespin, because it looks charming and the fact it isn't based on a reptile is unique. As for Froakie...I dunno. I guess I'm neutral on that one for the time being. So, taking everything into account, I choose Fennekin as my favorite. My opinion on these three may change as we learn more about them, but these are my thoughts for now.

I haven't seen anyone complaining about their names, either.

This is amazing.

Well here's my first starter history (in order I first played them):

Hoenn (Sapphire): Water - Mudkip, my first starter ever
Kanto (LeafGreen): Grass - Bulbasaur
Sinnoh (Diamond): Fire - Chimchar (didn't like the other two at all)
Johto (HeartGold): Water - Totodile
Unova (Black): Water - Oshawott

These are only my first regional, I've used every starter for a full playthrough in replays and alternate versions except for Chikorita.

So I've had 3 waters first with one grass and one fire.

I've decided that I'm probably going to get Pokemon Y version and I'm getting Chespin, the grass starter.
chespin.png
Reasons: It's really cute, different, I bet its evolution is awesome, and I rarely get the grass starter. Also, I don't like Froakie at all (I usually lean towards water type starters). I will probably get Fennekin on the third version/sequel.

Last edited:

Red: Squirtle
Yellow: Pikachu (Duh!)
Gold: Cyndaquil
Platinum: Turtwig
Black: Oshawott
Black2: Snivy

In the end everything will depend on upon the final evolutions of the starters; cause in all honesty, I love them all and can't choose between them.

I'd like to see a black Fennekin w/ blue fire.
A green Froakie and a white and yellow Chespin

Back
Top Bottom