• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Which new Generation Six starter is your favourite?

I cannot choose. I want to be loyal to the grass type and Chespin is a really cute rodent, but... after a long time I like also the fire type.

They all look pretty awesome, but Fennekin wins for me.

I liked Fennekin (?) but it's a Vulpix rip-off and Vulpix is my favorite pokemon so how dare they? Chespin is cool too, I guess. Froakie wtf NO.

You're joking, right? Fennekin looks NOTHING like Vulpix, and it won't even evolve the same way (starters have never evolved using stones). Not to mention it's based of of a completely different species of fox. In fact, Vulpix isn't actually based on a real fox at all. Both it and Ninetales are based on the Kitsune, a mythical multi-tailed fox. Fennekin is a fennec fox, which look pretty different from other foxes.

I was semi-joking, Fennekin is the one I like the most atm. I was just pointing out that both Fennekin and Vulpix are Fire-type foxes.

I hope Fennekin gains another type upon evolving that is not fighting.

Fire Fox is easily my favorite, so classy. Just stay on four legs when you evolve and don't become a fighter and its all good.

I was semi-joking, Fennekin is the one I like the most atm. I was just pointing out that both Fennekin and Vulpix are Fire-type foxes.

I hope Fennekin gains another type upon evolving that is not fighting.

Ah, my bad then. And yeah, I want it to gain a type that isn't fighting and stay on four legs as well.

I SWEAR IF FENNEKEN (however you spell it, i'm getting used to it here...) IS FIRE/FIGHTING I WILL...

...too violent, I don't want to explain the gory details.

I think it's obvious who I consider to be the best!

Grass starter as always. The fire starter looks cool. Much better than Tepig. I personally think Froakie is a downgrade from Oshawott though...

As usually (that is, for my tastes), fire and water were the best-looking, I already want them BOTH. However, most probably I'll pick Fennekie, it's slightly cuter, and since it seems to be a fox, its last form surely will look badass as hell.

At this point i'd choose Fennekin, it's really cute.

Froakie all the way!

Chespin for the win.

That thing is so adorable!

Fennekin is adorable.

I hope Chespin has great evolutions.

Not gonna say I like any one more than the others at the moment, but I do love that it looks like Fennekin's a dual psychic type. So ends the reign of Fire/Fighting.

All of them look amazing this time round, but Chespin gets bonus points for putting an end to the tyranny of reptilian grass starters. Also it's the most adorable.

Froakie is pretty awesome too, not gonna lie. Dat moustache. Or are they tiny spectacles? Either way, he's cool.

Last edited:

And a wig.

Fennekin. Fox all the way!!! :">

Fennekin seems to be based off the Fennec Fox, which is by far one of the cutest foxes in the world!

o74wfc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom