• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Which new Generation Six starter is your favourite?

For the moment, I'm digging Fennekin, but I will keep an eye on Froakie's typing/evolution art as well :)

I need the evolutions to decide, all 3 blew me away this time.

Looks like we have the end of the reptilian grass and the fighting fire! And Froakie shows us how versatile starters can be

Froakie. I dislike his nose but other than that he looks awesome.

When I get Fennekin, I'm so going to name him Mozilla Firefox :megusta:

Haha, just as I was completing the Pokedex on BW2 and EV training my competitive team... Game Freak slaps me with Gen 6 going in a complete other direction.
These new starters were surprising at first, mainly because of the obvious style upgrade. Atleast the new shapes embrace the 3D look.

I'm going with the Fire Starter for the first time. I absolutely love Fennecs, and I can't believe they made a starter out of it.

The designs, like I said, surprised me. However, after closer inspection, they are still as cool as always. They took a massive Gen 4 style turn.

There's already fan art for Fennekin flying around:

tumblr_mgb1qvRddk1r2w685o1_500.jpg

For me it's all about the evolutions. I'll be using the basic stage for about 11 levels, so I never really have that form dictate which I choose. I can see Chespin getting shoved down our throats in the anime though.
There's already fan art for Fennekin flying around:

tumblr_mgb1qvRddk1r2w685o1_500.jpg
Not long now until the rule 34'll start popping up. The furries are gonna love this one.

"Hello. My name is Froakie. I am clearly the best."

246rt69.jpg

246rt69.jpg
I already look at the logo for Pokemon Y and see pubic hair. This thing isn't helping.

Froakie, I don't care how lame he is, I always stick with the Water type, besides, Oshawott looked weird, but then he ends up becoming the coolest of the final forms!!!

Oh wow. I didn't expect Froakie's final evolution to be leaked so early :p.

I liked Fennekin (?) but it's a Vulpix rip-off and Vulpix is my favorite pokemon so how dare they? Chespin is cool too, I guess. Froakie wtf NO.

Vulpix = Fox
Fennekin = Fennec Fox

Other than both being fire foxes, I don't see much of a resemblance.

Aw come on stop taking this so seriously.

On another note, after watching the trailer about 10 times, I'm starting to like Froakie.

I chose Fennekin. However we have to wait 'till we see the final forms of the starters, until then I cannot make a certain decision.

I feel Frokie would look epic if he had an expression on his face. Oshawott felt the same to me at first, dull and boring but his anime appearance really helped my view on him.

246rt69.jpg

You've successfully made me like that frog even less.

Back
Top Bottom