• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation

Fennekin Evo.png

Lol, I just made this with MS Paint and a mouse to pass the time, and the leaks started appearing. But! Fennekin is becoming bipedal, not bad. Can't wait for their evos~

I'm actually rather glad that Fennekin is becoming bipedal, otherwise it would seem to similar to ninetails. I'm actually rather anxious to see it in particular. Froakie and Chespin seem to have a lot of potential for cool designs, but Fennekin seemed like it had the potential to be lackluster and boring, which would suck since It's my favorite of the three.

Haha, yeah, I said that earlier as well. I guess it shouldn't matter in the end, it's the design that counts, regardless of its standing preferences. I still don't get why people care so much. :"D

Last edited:

I'm actually rather glad that Fennekin is becoming bipedal, otherwise it would seem to similar to ninetails. I'm actually rather anxious to see it in particular. Froakie and Chespin seem to have a lot of potential for cool designs, but Fennekin seemed like it had the potential to be lackluster and boring, which would suck since It's my favorite of the three.

I'm really interested to see a Fire/Psychic bipedal Fennekin - could be pretty cool and unique.

Sounds like it might be based on the Nekomata, since it apparently has a split tail.

Bipedal Pokémon are best Pokémon, so color me interested in Fennekin. I demand pictures of Froakie's evolution, its name sounds bad ass.

I'm not really feeling the new starter evos, unfortunately. :/

Thought I'd bring this in here.
corocoro9139.jpg

So I kind of burst out laughing when I saw Chespin's middle stage. Definitely getting a feel for what it's going to evolve into now.

I was immediately disappointed with Fennekin's evolution, but people talking about the whole witch thing has got me curious.

Froakie wins hands down. I love it. I'm seriously considering swapping from Fennekin to Froakie now.

Chespin was my favorite, I wanted it to be speedy and strong but it'll probably be strong and slow. Its body shape looks so Pignite-ish. ;___; Not a fan of the bulk it got upon evolving.

All of them look pretty good, their middle forms are a HUGE improvement over the Gen V starters'. I don't know if I like Teerunaa or Gerogashira the most. Teerunaa has an amazing feminine-looking and I really like the black pants he has. Gerogashira on other hand, looks chill. Though the comparisons to a "cool surfer dude" are starting to annoy me, since I hate surfer dudes. Hariboogu looks goofy and funny and while it reminds me of Pignite, its design isn't nearly as bad as the pig's. I wonder if it will evolve into a kendo practitioner?

Fennekin seems oddly humanoid as well. In a very eerie way. I'm trying to picture it in the anime and it's doing weird things to my mind. I guess it does have a very witch feel to it, but I..yeh. I'm most intrigued for its final evolution I think. It's definitely going to gain Psychic typing.

I cannot see Chespin gaining Dark ANYMORE especially with its middle stage smile

Chespin's evolution..just combined with the look on its face...wow...I couldn't help but laugh.

Wow, Game Freak is giving Chespin's line some good coverage in its move set: Rollout (to take down all of its weaknesses but Poison), Mud Shot (to take down Fire, Poison, and Steel, which resists it), and Aerial Ace (to take down Bug, Fighting, and other Grass-types). And these are all moves that up to the second stage can learn; the final stage can learn even stronger coverage moves. Game Freak is making me feel less guilty for wanting to pick Chespin now.

Froakie evo: <<<333!!!
It's my fav GVI starter and Gerogashira didnt disappoint me, thank goodness.

Fennekin evo: So beautiful and very elegant.

Chespin: A grass type Pignite... Not too bad but I would've preferred a slightly different design.

And so begins the day when all Froakie haters will change their minds and realise he was the god from the start. :>

Tērunā - Me likes
Gerogashira - Me likes
Haribōgu - Me not like
I mean, I just don't like Haribōgu. The egg shaped body makes it look silly and dumb in its own right, and it also has that pointy nose. Chespin, what did they do to you? No, Chespin, stahp! Press B!!
I hope the final evolution redeems it for me. But it's not like it matters too much since I'll be picking Fennekin anyway.

And so begins the day when all Froakie haters will change their minds and realise he was the god from the start. :>
Reminds me of the Oshawott ordeal. "Eww so awkward looki--omg samurai badass"
Except Snivy is still the most popular Unova starter.

I've lost all faith in Chespin now and converting to Froakie. Chespin looks really stupid. Fennekin looks cool, but I'm using the Speed Boost Torchic. Froakie looks boss. But what we seriouslyneed now is the final evos. Final evos actually determine what starter I choose. For example, when I played my first game, Soul Silver, I would of chose Totodile, but I thought Feraligter looked stupid (which I don't think today), so I chose Cyndaquil because I instantly fell in love with Typhlosion.

Back
Top Bottom