• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters

Zistal

Lurker
Reaction score
Which of the new Pokémon X and Y starters is your favourite? Mine's Froakie!

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO FROG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Froakie is the best starter.

Froakie master race reporting in.

Which new Generation Six starter is your favourite?

What are your thoughts on the new starters? Which are your favourite?

Re: Generation 6 Starters.

I'll repost what I just posted in the news thread.

I noticed Chespin using what appears to be a dark move, Fenneking using what appears to be a Psychic move and Froakie using what looks like a fighting type move. Probably just a coincidence, but it leaves room for thought.

It's SO uncanny how the Water starter consistently remains the best ones of the bunch with each release.

Re: Which new Generation Six starter is your favourite?

Fennekin is my favorite starter for now, however my opinion will probably change once I see all of their evolutions.

Hard time deciding between Froakie and Fenneking.

Well, one thing is for sure: it sure beats Seismitoad.

I like the Fennekin, but I might change opinions after seeing the evolutions

Fennekin, definitely! The grass starter is cute too though. But that little fire fennec fox is just SO cute! It might become my new favorite starter overall, but I'd have to see its evolutions first.

Chespin! At least right now that I haven't seen the evolutions, my opinion will probably change when I see them.

Froakie because it's a frog ofc, and water as well.

Then it'd have to be Fennekin. It's cute, and I'm really not a fan of the grass.

First time a fire starter wooed me, so Fennekin. Evolutions might get me to go with Froakie, or I might love it in the end. Feels strange with the water starter not feeling right from the beginning.

I liked Fennekin (?) but it's a Vulpix rip-off and Vulpix is my favorite pokemon so how dare they? Chespin is cool too, I guess. Froakie wtf NO.

My favorite is Fennekin right now, but I want to wait until the evolutions are revealed. Something tells me Froakie will look awesome once it evolves.

I don't suppose anybody'd be kind enough to post pictures of the three?

EDIT: I just saw the pics on another thread, and I favor Fennekin. Then again, I tend to favor Fire by default.

Fire , so cuuuute. Followed by blue ( that frog looks like it has the potential to look badass in its 3rd evolution!). Grass one just looks strange to me. Then again i thought (and still thought that) about Oshawatt.

Chespin is adorable. I want.

Chespin all the way. A mammalian grass starter is interesting. can't wait to see its evolutions.

I liked Fennekin (?) but it's a Vulpix rip-off and Vulpix is my favorite pokemon so how dare they? Chespin is cool too, I guess. Froakie wtf NO.

You're joking, right? Fennekin looks NOTHING like Vulpix, and it won't even evolve the same way (starters have never evolved using stones). Not to mention it's based of of a completely different species of fox. In fact, Vulpix isn't actually based on a real fox at all. Both it and Ninetales are based on the Kitsune, a mythical multi-tailed fox. Fennekin is a fennec fox, which look pretty different from other foxes.

Froakie master race reporting in.

Reporting in.

I could see a Water/Dark line. He's got a knapsack and a mustache, so I could see him being a thief. He also gives me a chimney sweep vibe.

Back
Top Bottom