• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Which new Generation Six starter is your favourite?

Why do I have a feeling Chespin's evos are going to look badass. Fennekin's is looking to go the route of "graceful" fox, Froakie...a larger frog?

Can't wait to build my all grass, fire, and water starter teams. something over 15 years in the making.

After having all this info soak in over the past few hours (which flew by incredibly fast), Chespin is still my favorite. Froakie has potential to change that though.

I love how this Gen's starters were received much more positively than Gen V's starters.

I liked Fennekin (?) but it's a Vulpix rip-off and Vulpix is my favorite pokemon so how dare they? Chespin is cool too, I guess. Froakie wtf NO.

How can you rip off your own franchise?

I might be the only one but... i hope Fennekin retains the Fire/Fighting cycle.

Wait , Where did six starter come from !
I only know that there only Three Starter .
And I love Fennekin because I always wanted Ash to catch a Pokemon like that .

Wait , Where did six starter come from !
I only know that there only Three Starter .
And I love Fennekin because I always wanted Ash to catch a Pokemon like that .

Six generations of Pokemon. Mono type team of all six starters.

I completely Pokégasmed at the sight of all three new Starter Pokémon - I adore all of them and all three are among my top five favourite Starters already - they each just have exactly what I look for in first-stage Starters. Similar to Gen V, it's tough to choose what one is my actual favourite and what I'll be choosing when playing the game (something which I really can't decide until seeing their final forms and types, moves and stats, etc).

However, out of all three... Fennekin made my jaw drop. I like Vulpix and I love Zorua, but they were never quite right to me in my mind of what that kind of Pokémon should look like in terms of design. Fennekin nailed it in my opinion. So, I vote Fennekin.

In terms of choosing my Starter, my boyfriend adores Fennekin, so I'll let him take that one and I'll start with Chespin probably (depending on availability of other awesome Grass, Fire and Water type Pokémon of course).

Last edited:

I voted Chespin. I think the other two are so fake-looking (And i can't stand another "cutie" Water-type right after Oshawott!)
Judging only by the starter forms, though, isn't enough. We' ll see

Edit: Lol, I hope Ash deosn't get Fennekin..... It will be like his Chikorita back in Johto....

I really like Froakie's designs.

The one that sticks out to me the most is Froakie, because of its big eyes. Chespin is also very nice because it is the first mammal Grass-type starter (we had five Generations of reptiles so far). Fennekin looks very elegant, and because of this, it is very difficult to pick a favourite.

Fennekin looks the best of all, but I am more interested with using Chespin.

Thanks for reading.

Fennekin has things growing out its ears that we're made to believe is hair. Kyubey has things growing out of its ears.
Fennekin has a slender body leading to a big puffy tail. So does Kyubey.
Both look very appealing to those who see them.

Fennekin = Kyubey
You have been warned.

I am VERY impressed with these guys! I like them a lot, so much more than the Unova starters, which I still don't that enjoyable to watch.

I have no idea why you guys don't like Froarkie, I personally think he looks really cute. Fennekin has to be my favorite, I might end up picking it.

I want to see what those stat spreads look like. They fucked us over in Gen V

I Love Fennekin the more i look at it

i dont like the other 2 even a little but it depends on there last evolutions since they evolve quickly i wont see there basic forms very long anyway

Last edited:

Fennekin (the fire starter) appears to be the only starter that I like out of the three. The other two... errr...

Edit: Now that I think about it, Chespin is starting to grow on me. It will be my second choice, should Fennekin become part Fighting when evolved. Froakie still doesn't interest me much.

Last edited:

Watching the trailer again i noticed Chespin's head spikes sharpen when attacking with what i think is solarbeam. makes sense considering its name, and right now is the most badass starter ever.

Fennekin. Without a doubt. Need you ask why?
Edit: Lol, I hope Ash deosn't get Fennekin..... It will be like his Chikorita back in Johto....

Pray tell, what, exactly, is wrong with that?

Water Frog of course, because i like underloved water frogs.

Usually, my eyes are instantly drawn to the water starter (that's what happened with Gen V and why I love Oshawott so much), but strangely, this time, they weren't. Instead, they were instantly drawn to Fennekin. So, I'm going with the masses and saying the adorable little fox. Chespin is kinda cute too, and I'm not sure how I feel about Froakie yet. xD

Back
Top Bottom