• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Which new Generation Six starter is your favourite?

For now, it has to be the water-type, Froakie, though, I always tend to go for the Fire-type starters.
I'm holding out for the evolutions; but Froakie's look of pensive intellect gets my vote.

The water Pokemon, Froakie looks awesome! The others - hm. I guess the others do look cool but the Grass one reminds of a green Oshawott for some reason, haha.

A tad too soon to call and I really wanna wait until their other forms are shown personally. But atm, Fennekin stands out the most to me. Otherwise, they're all in the "different" & "interesting" looks department.

FENNEKIN!!! cutest Fire Starter ever! (Sorry Torchic) and it might be Fire/Psychic! sweet! not unique (hello Victini) but a million times better than Fire/Fighting

Please GF, no fire-fighting, else my hopes and dreams of Fennekin go down the drain

I've got to say... I don't know whether it's just because of all the excitement of today and the (IMO) absolutely immense looking trailer but...

These are the first starters I've liked very very much (and equally) since Kanto.

When I saw the Gen II, Gen III and Gen V starters I felt like it was a bit of an anti-climax. Gen IV I liked more but no where near as much as Gen I.

However, these guys... I don't understand how people can be slating the designs or saying that one is OK and the other two suck. I know it's just a matter of opinion after all, but Bravo Game Freak, Bravo.

Fennekin. Love those ears.

The water Pokemon, Froakie looks awesome! The others - hm. I guess the others do look cool but the Grass one reminds of a green Oshawott for some reason, haha.

That's funny, I was just thinking of how Froakie reminded me of a Water-type Chimchar, lol.

That said, Froakie is my fave, closely tied with Chespin. At first I was like "wtf" but after trawling deviantart for fan art I've come to love them. As for Fennekin ... meh. It's cute, I admit, but I just feel nothing for it atm. I'm sure it'll grow on me though. To be fair, I've never really liked the fire starters except for Torchic & Cyndaquil, so this is a relatively positive reaction for me. I'm sure it'll come to grow on me (unless it's fire-fighting!) <3

Fennekin, no competition.

I strongly dislike Fennekin so.... yes :'D;;; not that one

Chespin has possibly become one of my favourites ever, Definately my first choice as soon as I get the game!

Froakie is a close second as I find it absolutely adorable~

Froakie's my favourite. It just reminds me of Mudkip. Next is Fennekin (I'm loving it's majestic qualities). I don't like Chespin, though. I don't know why, but as soon as I saw it, I hated it.

That's funny, I was just thinking of how Froakie reminded me of a Water-type Chimchar, lol.

That said, Froakie is my fave, closely tied with Chespin. At first I was like "wtf" but after trawling deviantart for fan art I've come to love them. As for Fennekin ... meh. It's cute, I admit, but I just feel nothing for it atm. I'm sure it'll grow on me though. To be fair, I've never really liked the fire starters except for Torchic & Cyndaquil, so this is a relatively positive reaction for me. I'm sure it'll come to grow on me (unless it's fire-fighting!) <3

I can't un-see! They look very similar now in their stance! :O

image.jpg image.jpg

God dammit Zubat! xD

Fennekin is my instant favorite, but I seriously love ALL of them <3 Froakie comes second, Chespin third.

new_pokemon_froakie_by_cherry_queenx-d5quakz.jpg

So is that a mustache or glasses on its face?

Fennkin is just so d'awwwwwww and it has that sort of expression Smugleaf, I mean, Snivy had. Definitely choosing it.

At the moment, Froakie. Maybe I'm just biased because I've always picked the Water starter and I want to continue the tradition. Chespin comes a close second for me. They all look pretty nice though.

Fennekin. Hands down!

I've always loved Vulpix/Ninetails, and Fennekin reminds me so much of them. So adorable looking! :awww:

Fennekin is my favorite, definitely. It's just so cute and its head looks too big for its neck.

I don't like any of them atm (things take a while to grow on me :u) but Fennekin is kinda okay, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom