• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Starters final forms?

@Relia; I personally don't mind Fennekin's fakemon final but...yeah. Even I admit that they could be better.

Re: Pokémon X & Y Starter Discussion

Emerald: Mudkip
LeafGreen: Bulbasuar
Pearl: Chimchar
Platinum: Piplup
HeartGold: Totodile
Black: Oshawott
Black 2: Snivy

So yeah, I've mostly gone with water starters in the past, so I think I'm gonna pick the fire starter this generation.

I'll do this too!

Red: Bulbasaur
Yellow: Pikachu
Crystal: Chikorita
Platinum: Chimchar
SoulSilver: Cyndaquil
Black: Oshawott

I tend to pick fire and grass type starters, apparently.

When the new games are out, I'm probably gonna choose Fennekin, even though my final decision will be made when their fully evolved forms are out.

They're all really cute! Not a big fan of Fennekin, unless it has a really unique evolution- sorry, I'm biased towards Ninetales, one of my alltime favorites, so I want something that makes Fennekin stand out from the other foxy mons.
Chespin is pretty cute but doesn't really stand out to me. (The name references a hedgehog but I thought chipmunk+chestnut when I saw it).
Froakie is definitely my favorite, imo it has the most refreshing design and is just really adorb.

Kanto: Squirtle
Johto: Totodile
Hoenn: Torchic
Sinnoh: Piplup
Unova: Oshawott/Snivy

Last edited:

@Relia; I personally don't mind Fennekin's fakemon final but...yeah. Even I admit that they could be better.

Fennekin's is definitely the better one, but that is not saying much.

Blue: Bulbasaur
Silver: Cyndaquil
Emerald: Treecko
Platinum: Piplup
Soul Silver: Cyndaquil
Black: Snivy

Most of the time I went with the Grass starter and now I am leaning towards Froakig, but it all depends of its final form and its secondary type.

@Relia; point. Though, there are worse versions out there.

I usually pick the water starter when I play, then go with the fire (sometimes grass) starter on my second play through. I'm still liking Fennekin the best out of all of them, but I hope they don't ruin it by making it fire/fighting or some horrible evolution design....

R/B: Bulbasaur
G/S: Cyndaquil
R/S: Mudkip
D/P/P: Turtwig
B/W: Oshawott

I guess I don't have a pattern for choosing starters

Last edited:

Ooh, starter histories? I'll add mine as well! :) I never did get to play RBY or GSC though.

Emerald: Treecko
FireRed: Bulbasaur
Pearl: Piplup
Platinum: Chimchar
HeartGold: Cyndaquil
SoulSilver: Chikorita
Black: Snivy
White: Oshawott

I tend to pick mostly grass and fire starters. I've never been much of a fan of water type Pokemon. I just happened to kinda like Piplup and Oshawott.

Also, I made my own fanart of Fennekin. ^^

I replay my games fairly often, but I usually pick the same starters, unless I really like the others.

Red: Charmander (Have picked the other two a number of times as well.)
Gold: Totodile
Emerald: Treeko
Platinum: Turtwig (Occasionally Piplup)
White: Tepig
White 2: Snivy

I replay my games fairly often, but I usually pick the same starters, unless I really like the others.

Not to minimod, but don't forget to talk about the NEW starters as well.

I really like the starters this time around:

Chespin is interesting because it's currently the first and only one that isn't based on a reptilian creature. Although it looks too much like one of the early rodents, especially Patrat. Maybe it'll pull an Oshawott and evolve into something badass.

Fennekin is adorable and will definitely get some use in my early playthough, I just hope it evolves into something neat (Having a fourth Fire/Fighting starter in a row would be a huge letdown, but at the same time, I can see Game Freak doing that...)

Froakie is really cool as well, I need to use him at some point as well. A Water/Fighting or Water/Psychic would suit him well.

Not to minimod, but don't forget to talk about the NEW starters as well.

Probably should.

I don't really have a pattern, just whichever appeals to me the most. At the moment it would be Fennekin, which is perfectly fine with me, since I would love start off with a fire type again. Granted that could very easily change whenever the evolutions are shown.

I think I'm going to try and avoid seeing the evolutions as much as possible. I wanna totally freak out excited when my Chespin evolves for the first time into a totally new pokemon :D Magic!

"Fennec foxes live in the desert, so I was thinking-- what if they go for a different route? What if our fennec becomes a jackal (which also live in and around deserts), and then becomes Anubis?"
From another site.

http://images.*********/vp/src/1357784448441.png

I'm willing to bet money that the starters are going to be duo-types. Froakie looks like he would be water/ice because of that white scarf-like thing on him. The fire guy looks like he would be fire/electric because he has both an orangey-red AND yellow body. The Grass one looks like he would be grass/ground. He resembles grass with the hat thing he's wearing and he looks ground because of the brown mole-like body he has.

Water/ice? HELL no. We have too many of those, even though no starters actually have that type combo.

Just found this, LOL

1z1heo6.png

Back
Top Bottom