• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Starters final forms?

As fun as it is to speculate, I bet we're all going to be totally wrong. :p

Like Oshawott into Samurott? I certainly didn't expect that. A part of me likes that kind of change. It's very easy to make a larger version of a pokemon and say it's its evolution, and seeing GF throw a curve-ball like that is welcomed by me.

I saw this final evolution of Chespin looking like an armadillo:

chespin_grows_up____by_appleatti-d5qwq8v.jpg

I can totally picture Chespin turning into a giant Grass/Ground hedgehog or an armadillo with spikes now.

Just found this on deviantART. I'm not feeling the 3rd stage, but the 2nd stage is pretty good imo.

fennakin__s_evolutions_by_blackbeebee-d5qy8ht.png

@Mr. Warrior: I like them, especially the 3rd stage. It reminds me of Inu Yasha.

Anyway, I found the best Chespin evolution so far:

Wu4d0.jpg

And two not so good ones, but that I can see happening:

vMLuW.png

One more Froakie evolution just because:

x4gkd.jpg

Kinda cool. I like its old man/sage design.

Last edited:

I don't know, I feel like the 2nd stage has potential, while the 3rd stage is merely a fluffier version of the 2nd stage.

Umm, the first and third pics don't show up for me. :/

Out of all of these fakes none of Chespin or Fennekin's evolutions actually have appealed to me, while a lot of Froakie's have.

Chespin is the one I'm planning to choose, but all of these fakes are really making me like Froakie. God, I'm surely going to have a really hard time of picking a starter if Froakie's evolutions actually turn out to be just as badass as those fakes. Hopefully it'll be both a Water- and Fighting-type.

The first one is still not working....

lol @ the 3rd one. XD

Lol, my bad. I read your post wrong and re-uploaded the second and third pictures :p

Try again once again.

That Froakie one is hilarious, IMO, if it were something like that I just might have to pick Froakie just for lulz. That top picture of the Chespin final evo is nice, kind of a badass porcupine type thing. That's kinda how Im seeing Chespin evolve.

Why is Froakie getting all the best evolution designs? I liked a lot of concepts so far, especially the last bearded sage one. (The one who designed that must be a Naruto fan) A lot of the other designs though are very meh for the other 2 starters.

This is probably my favorite possible second stage Chespin Evo. I hope that the 3rd stage is different enough from Sandslash though. Fennekin's line looks good and doesn't deviate a lot from its base evo, which is fine by me if it turns out that way.

I'm hoping that their final evo types are:

Chespin: I want Grass/Rock (even though Dark may be more likely, I hope it isn't since Grass Dark has many weaknesses one being 4x) or maybe even Grass/Steel or Grass/Ground

Fennekin: Fire/Psychic or pure Fire

Froakie: Water/Fighting maybe?

I wouldn't mind it if they are pure water/fire/grass. It's hard to say what their second types will become.

For me, I'm primarily concerned with how they look as opposed to typing, though the added Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle would be cool. As long as he doesn't look dumb, I'll be happy with Chespin turning out as a hedgehog, armadillo, or bear, or a strange combo of all the above. I'd prefer it not be a rodent, though, which I don't think it will be.

As much as I know others strongly desire it, I'm hoping against hope that Fennekin does NOT go the mystical kitsune route. A minor reason is that I'd rather it not compete with Ninetails for mythical fox position; my primary reason is that I like the fact that it's a fennec fox, a regular critter of our world. A quadrupedal fox/wolf is my preference, but I'll take what they give me.

Lastly... Froakie. I'm completely puzzled by this little guy. I love him, but I just can't quite wrap my brain around him. Does he have bubble hair? Cape? Burgular satchel? I personally much prefer the thief concept as to the be-wigged gentleman, mainly because the gent-route leaves me with very poor design ideas. I don't want him to be TOO anthropomorphic. So far, the starters have been pretty good about preserving their animality, and I don't want GF to abandon that ship quite yet.

That's the best Froakie evo I've seen so far. Fennekin's could be (much) better. Chespin's...just no.

I agree. What about this one? I personally loved it.
Froakie's aren't that bad, but I still prefer the other I previously posted.

Chespin's are as terrible as the previous one.

tumblr_mgizowUe4H1qcqjsdo2_1280.jpg

Still love Fennekin !
and hate Froakie.

I mentioned this a few times already, I think, but I see Chespin as a brown Oshawott-Dewott with Drilbur feet and a Slowking crown (but yes, I do know that that thing on its head isn't a Slowking crown and that they're spikes like from a chetsnut) Hard to see what its evolutions will be, though. Hopefully, it'll be a kind of hedgehog-bear-honey badger but not a big bulky thing with a giant tree on its back or something.

Good to see that Froakie is getting an awesome foam beard in the 3rd stage, as it should be. Only thing is that I'm worried about GF, and their tendecy to surprise with the 3rd stage. Gen 4 was okay, but Gen 5 took a turn for the worst.

Good to see that Froakie is getting an awesome foam beard in the 3rd stage, as it should be. Only thing is that I'm worried about GF, and their tendecy to surprise with the 3rd stage. Gen 4 was okay, but Gen 5 took a turn for the worst.

I disagree. I think it's fun when they throw you off like that.

The Unova starters final evolutions looks way better than all the fake evolutions out there that are just larger versions of their first stage with the exact same colors.

Back
Top Bottom