• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation

I don't understand why everyone is so down on fennekin becoming bipedal. It doesn't mean he will be fighting. It can also have some (much cooler) design options as a bipedal poke. I loved lucario and zoroark and if fennekins evo had a similar design, I would love him forever

I am sure I said this at least once here on bmgf, but I will repeat: I hope for a more down-to-earth evolution for Fennekin, like a bigger Fennec Fox or maybe its evolution will resemble another canine animal, perhaps a wolf? Or perhaps its evolution will be based on some other mystic fox, dog or wolf? Inumagi, perhaps?

Let's hope the designers try to stay away from other Japanese canines inspirations when designing Fennekin's evolutions. Considering the depth of basis lots of Pokemon have making the Fennekin-line with these beings in mind can easily lead to the kitsune once again having a hand in the design of another Pokemon line, albeit not as much as the other fox Pokemon.

How about we taking a closer look at the other canines and also mythologies that are present around the Fennec Fox's native region. I'm sure there are some pretty deep wells in that desert.

I'm sick of every firedogs being a quadruped im hoping Fennekin's final form with have a body structurer similar to Lucario or Zoroark.
Oh, please, no. Every Fire-type starter so far has ended up on two legs by its final evolution. Which isn't always a bad thing (and to be fair, half of them were bipedal already: Charmander, Torchic, Chimchar), but I for one actually prefer a lot of quad Pokemon to remain that way (you don't see any bipedal Eeveelutions, for one). I guess it ultimately comes down to a case-by-case basis....

(FTW: Post #1200 on the dot!)

Last edited:

Let's hope the designers try to stay away from other Japanese canines inspirations when designing Fennekin's evolutions. Considering the depth of basis lots of Pokemon have making the Fennekin-line with these beings in mind can easily lead to the kitsune once again having a hand in the design of another Pokemon line, albeit not as much as the other fox Pokemon.

How about we taking a closer look at the other canines and also mythologies that are present around the Fennec Fox's native region. I'm sure there are some pretty deep wells in that desert.

Sure, I was only suggesting an idea, but in fact I'd rather see an Inugami-based Pokémon unrelated to Fennekin, if possible. I agree that Fennekin's evolution shouldn't be based on Japanese canine-related myths. Also, we already have a Jackal-based Pokémon (Lucario), although the existence of a Kitsune-based Pokémon didn't stop Game Freak of creating Zoroark.

Fennekken but I might change my mind when the types and movesets and evolution comes out.

Froakie is still My Favorite and it will not change at all because he is just so Perfect and I plan on using him when I get this Game and he will be Very Helpful and Very Fast from what it looks like.

Underdogs go! Froakie is best starter. Ever.
Deal :3c

From what I've seen (not just on here) Froakie is the least popular of the three, with Fennekin being the most popular. Both Chespin and Froakie are the underdogs imo because Fennekin seems to have so many more fans than them both.

From what I've seen (not just on here) Froakie is the least popular of the three, with Fennekin being the most popular. Both Chespin and Froakie are the underdogs imo because Fennekin seems to have so many more fans than them both.

agreed. i judge people who pick fennekin as their favorite. ;) i plan on getting both a froakie AND a fennekin as soon as possible.

Hos did Fennekin get so many votes? Froakie is the best!

Fennekin is a fox, people love foxes, dogs and canines in general. I can see Fennekin becoming the second most popular Fire-type starter if its evolution don't suck visually. And whaat, Chespin is da best!

Hos did Fennekin get so many votes? Froakie is the best!

Fennekin is a fox, people love foxes, dogs and canines in general. I can see Fennekin becoming the second most popular Fire-type starter if its evolution don't suck visually. And whaat, Chespin is da best!

Whaaaat?!

Well, I'm probably going to keep my tradition of using the Fire starter first (Only broken for Black & White 2, and I don't think those count), and then I'll evaluate which one I like the most. I'm rather tempted by Chespin, though. It's just so cute.

Fennekin poots on the other starters.​

I've been so pro-Fennekin since the announcement, but I really like Froakie now too, and Chespin as well. This is the first time (judging on first stages alone obvs) that there hasn't been one standout for me/one that I really don't like.

I want Fennekin, but I also want to use Fletchling so I'm hoping it does just stay Normal/Flying and not into fire purely for the reason that I wouldn't want two fire types on my team (even if I love them both).

I don't trust people that prefer Fennekin over Chespin and Froakie. :p

I don't trust people that prefer Fennekin over Chespin and Froakie. :p

I wouldn't either, because us Fennekin users are going to kick all your asses.

Fennekin is just a redesigned rejected Eeveelution anyway >=3

Back
Top Bottom