• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation

I'm praying the balloon stage is just a fad.

hariboogu_by_0okami_rei-d6lwycj.jpg

Hariboogu is starting to win me over ;__;

Oh god no @Reila don't make me cry, I still think your cute don't worry little guy ;_;

So judging by the tail-stick I'm guessing Fennekin becomes fire/grass in its final stage. ... Or not.

Honestly, i pick a starter because of how its final stage looks like and not because of how its unevolved form or first stage look like. I'm still going for Chespin and hoping for a badass final evolution.

Hoping that Chespin turns out to be Bagon/Shelgon V.2 and we get an awesome final stage

I read that Teerunaa is the "romanization" of Tailunar and quite like this name.

I doubt they will keep it, though, since they didn't keep Janovy and Jalorda, two names that are far better than Servine and Serperior.

Also:

hariboogu_by_0okami_rei-d6lwycj.jpg

Hariboogu is starting to win me over ;__;

Ahw no, don't do this to us! ;__; Chespin you are still cool in my eyes.

Good god today's info was thrown in my face from my perspective

Froakie's evo is awesome, I hope the final evo is cool too

Fennekin's evo is really hot cute, but it better not be Fire/Fighting

Chespins evo... I can't figure out if I like it or not. It's surely growing on me really fast though <3

The Fossil Pokes look pretty bomb, I really like both

That Cat thingy is kinda cute, it seems like each generation has one Pokemon with massive gender differences

That Alpaca Lamb thing is really awesome in a derpy way. I'll catch it for sure.

Well, there better be more Pokemon than this, but they are gonna have to start revealing like crazy to fill the 130+ hole I need filled :D I'd be really disappointed if there weren't much new Pokemon this Generation.

I'm very curious as to what the English names are going to be. Any guesses anyone?

I haven't memorized the Japanese names, so bear with me:

Normal-type "trimming" Pokemon - something along the lines of "Goatrim", since it still looks like a goat. If it's a dog, then Dogroom.
Gender-difference cats - has to be Espurr
T-Rex Fossil - hopefully evolves into something along the lines of "Terrainosaurus"
Apatosaurus Fossil - something combing apato with something ice-related. Apathaw (apato + thaw) or Icecapato (ice cap + apato).
Chespin evo - Spinnut (spin + nut)
Fennekin evo - Fennecurse (Fennec + curse) or Hexen (Hex + Vexen) if they're going down the witch route
Froakie evo - Froakreep (Froth + croak+ creep) if they're doing the ninja thing. If it's just gonna be a bubble frog, then Bubbounce (bubble + bounce)

I hope Tērunā can learn Blaze Kick :/

my opinion:

Chespin's evolution: Didn't like it at first but grew on me surprisingly quick. I actually don't mind it now. Might still probably pick Chespin.
Fennekin's evolution: Just so-so. I like that it went on two feet because I generally prefer bipedal Pokemon. Broom stick is creative. Foreshadowed in Fennekin's description when they said it likes eating twigs.
Froakie's evolution: Best design of the three, I'm a lot more tempted to pick Froakie now

I still can't fully decide my starter. Guess I'll have to wait for someone to get the game early and show off the final stages.

Exclusive picture of Chespin's final form (lololo):

Attachments

• Chespinata.jpg
    Chespinata.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 343

I'm probably going to have a boy Fennekin because of the gender ratio and I'm going to give it a girly name and he isn't going to give a damn, because he will be FABULOUS!

Fennekin evo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope Tērunā can learn Blaze Kick :/

Only if Teerunaa has a high Atk stat, which I doubt it will. It would be nice if could learn some 'hadou' moves like Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse.

Edit: It seems that the stick in his tail is a magic wand, like I predicted:

tumblr_mt0aj1khk31r1alb2o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Oh wow, it does use its stick in battle, I didn't see that before.

I'm picking Fennekin, damn it. This Pokemon is awesome.

Wait, wait, wait. Fennekin's evolution uses the stick as a WAND!? Okay, it's official, Fennekin's evolutionary family is totally, utterly awesome! I think Torchic might have a run for its money now for my favorite Fire-type starter family. Even though it was decided long ago, Fennekin is now and forever officially my starter for the whole gen. Can it get any more awesome? If so, I'm very, very eager to see what else it can do.

I remember Chespin's helmet having a hole in it's back. It's like the thing rotated around and surrounded it's whole body, the hole now being for it's face. Of course, the back indicates it's become segmented, almost like it's going to break apart for the final form. There are two big, solid halves on each side and the middle is three segments. (head, torso, bottom?)

Hmm.... Fennekin seems to be the most popular according to the poll (or this has drastically changed since the evo reveal, but I doubt it). I really dislike it and I had the same thing about Snivy, which was last Gen's favourite I think. Design-wise Fennekin and its evo (and also Snivy's line) don't appeal to me at all. Second time the water starter appeals the most to me the first time around after choosing Oshawott and now most probably Froakie.

The more I look at Froakie and its evo, the more awesome I find it. I'm really starting to like it and can't wait to see it's final evo.

And I like Chespin's evo already more than I initially did (I thought it was a weird Pignite-ripoff) but now I see it has its charms and I think it's really cool in its own way now. I still really hope its final evo will be a lot more awesome though and will move away from the second stage design.

Last edited:

All of the middle evolutions are unexpected designs. I kind of thought that their evolutions are more straightforward, but I am OK with this too. Chespin looks like it will have a rounder evolution, but that's still my starter of choice despite not being as streamlined as the other two. Fennekin's evolution is my favourite of the three, simply because it looks stylish.

Thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom