• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation

I'm not thrilled by Chespin's and Fennekin's evolutions.

Chespin had such great details in his basic state really well thought through. Now it lost all things that made it awesome. I mean it looks Okay but it's basically a roll out poke. And it's such a big similarity to The Tepig line. But I'm intriged where they will go for it's final form.

Fennekin it looks solid imagined something more magestic. it seems Strong but somehow wise so calm. weird!!! The wood in his tail suggest it will go something witchy what for me is a sign it could go Fire/Fairy. But fire/psychic is a possibility as well.

but Froakie is tremendous. That is a star born. even though his design is a mix out of croagunk and Shellos. it looks really badass. Finnaly a really really good middle stage for the water starter since Croconaw. Marshtomp and Prinlup were not fitting at all. and Dewott's color sheme no words. This bounce move thing is pushing towards half flying type. But I dobut it will happen.

For me: Fennekin evo > Froakie evo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything >>>> ... >>>:-/ >>> Chespin evo.

It's ugly to me. Maybe it'll get better once it reaches its final stage, but as others have mentioned, I'm getting crazy Pignite vibes from it. Too bad; I actually like Chespin's design and was going to consider using it.

Froakie's evo is cool, too, but Fennekin's sticks out the most (in a good way) to me. I feel like the most creativity went into its design.

Of all the ways they could've taken Chespin's design, they had to make it look like Pignite v2...

im excited that this is looking to make froakie the fastest of the three, whcih is new since water type starters have never been 'fast'. the bulky grass thing is a bit overdone though...

Clearer scans of Corocoro on Serebii says that Fennekin's evo take out the stick and use it in battle.

so it looks like a broom, but uses it as a wand? im starting to think fennekin is going closer to fairy typing...

The wand thing was mentioned in the last page. I don't think it looks like a broom, it is just a wand stuck in his tail.

As for Chespin... Well, the next 30 days are going to be sad days for Chespin fans like me. People are shitting on the poor thing everywhere :(

i dunno, it really does look like a broom tail, at least to me, and to enough people that lots of fanart depicts it as such

The wand thing was mentioned in the last page. I don't think it looks like a broom, it is just a wand stuck in his tail.

As for Chespin... Well, the next 30 days are going to be sad days for Chespin fans like me. People are shitting on the poor thing everywhere :(

I'm still going to pick Chespin because I've been picking water starters for the past 3 gens, and since the event will give a Torchic, it's pointless to pick another fire starter.

and since the event will give a Torchic, it's pointless to pick another fire starter.

Not really. Fennekin's last evolution will likely be Fire/Psychic, unlike Blaziken who is Fire/Fighting. Having both Pokémon in one team is far from being pointless.

I originally wanted to have the three starters in my team, but I am not sure if I still want Froakie.

Just realized how the stick could be a wand. o_O okay, so maybe it is a wand AND a broom.

Until the final stages are out, I'm choosing the ninja frog

Heya guys! Just wanted to point something out:

Hariboogu is the Thorn Armour Pokémon. It is 0.7m, 29kg and has the ability Overgrow

What I saw on Serebii. Inferring from this, do you guys think that we'll have another Grass/Steel on Chespin's final evo so far? I'm pretty excited if this turns out to be the case! At least Chespin could serve as some sort of good fairy check. n_n

I've given it some breathing room and anyway, I'll try again. I actually like Froakie's middle stage the most, Chespin's just bothers me for some reason. Despite it being my favorite of the Kalos starters, its middle form and that new found bulk bothers me so much. Can't it have an agile or muscular appearance, why does it have to have such an overweight appearance and body type like that of Pignite's? Fennekin is my least favorite starter and its middle stage doesn't really change anything. It's just kinda alright I guess, nothing super special to me, still I'm gonna stick with picking Chespin. The middle form is growing a bit for me after being bombarded by lots of fanart of it.

After a good night sleep, I'm actually starting to warm up to Teeruna's design a bit. AT first I didn't like it because it seemed too unoriginal and reminded me of Lucario and Zoroark, but today I remember that I actually love Lucario and Zoroark lol. So once again my choice is hanging by a thread for either Foko or Keromatsou. If by the time of release I'm still undecided I'm simply not use any starter this generation.

So basically the starters are a Mage, a Knight, and a Rogue? Kinda clever.

Very slim chance of Fennekin's mid-evo being part-Fighting. 8D; Oh, well. I'd be happy if she turned out to be part-Fairy. I could change my user name to "Fairy Red" again and it would suddenly make sense.

And it makes me so angry how people make the BS claim that Chespin's mid-evo is "Pignite 2.0". Other than a round-ish body, THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE. I hate how people will find excuses to complain, is it really so hard to just calm down and think for a second? Sheesh.
And I am aware of the hypocrisy of that last sentance. But seriously now. "OTL The complaints about the so-called resemblance between Chespin's mid-evo and Pignite are just too ridiculous.

And it makes me so angry how people make the BS claim that Chespin's mid-evo is "Pignite 2.0". Other than a round-ish body, THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE. I hate how people will find excuses to complain, is it really so hard to just calm down and think for a second? Sheesh.

I don't see any resemblance, either. Pignite is a Chinese pig and Chespin is a hedgehog pinata nut.

Their bodies have similar silhouettes, but that is about it. Then again, considering that people were comparing Chespin to Oshawott, that doesn't surprise me.

"oh its round WTF ITS PIGNITE" - 90% of the fanbase

This. The other 10% is comparing Hariboogu to Gengar for some reason.

I don't see any resemblance, either. Pignite is a Chinese pig and Chespin is a hedgehog pinata nut.

Their bodies have similar silhouettes, but that is about it. Then again, considering that people were comparing Chespin to Oshawott, that doesn't surprise me.

This. The other 10% is comparing Hariboogu to Gengar for some reason.

why is the post your quoting below you (sorry if i double post}

really, they're comparing him to gengar?

oh to cause some more controversy

OMG WTF FROAKIES EVOLUTION IS A POLITOED

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom