• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Pokemon Survey

What is your gender and preffered starter pokemon type?

• Female and Fire

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Female and Water

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Female and Grass

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Male and Fire

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Male and Water

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Male and Grass

Votes: 20 24.7%

• Total voters

elizabethann18

Reaction score
I'm doing this for a statistics project and was wondering if you guys could help me out. Could you please post what type of starter pokemon (fire, water, grass) you tend to choose, as well as your gender? Thanks!

I like the Grass type starters usually, and they're almost always male. I sometimes go with Fire just because, but the water starters don't really hold my interest like the others.

Although it really depends on the set of starters I have to choose from, I picked Male and Water. I like the water starters usually and they all look male to me. So. :p

I usually go for the Grass Starters, and I'm a guy.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for you, I don't really follow the pattern very well. I always choose the quadrupedal starter because I think they are the cutest. So I have had Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Mudkip, Turtwig, and Tepig. And I like to have the starter pokemon's gender match up with the player character. I've only been the girl a couple times, though. So I voted Male Grass because that's what it's been the majority of the time.

I have picked the Water starter as my first choice in every single generation so far and they are usually male, so Male and Water.

I'm always a girl (except in my current Leaf Green file where I named my character and my rival Ness and Pokey, and also obviously in the old games where you could only be a boy). I don't really have a preferred starter type, though. My favorite starters are Charmander, Chikorita, Mudkip, Piplup, and Tepig. So I guess whatever I feel the most of a connection to.

I'm usually a girl, except in the case of White version, and I almost always choose fire types.

Male, and just barely Water. When actually counting, I've used; (excluding Scramble challenge) two Fire, two Grass, three Water.

I choose the girl PC when it's an option, because I'm female, and I tend to pick Fire types. My list for first playthroughs would be Charmander (Red), Cyndaquil (Crystal), Torchic (Emerald), Squirtle (FireRed), Empoleon (Platinum), Cyndaquil (HeartGold), Tepig (Black).

Er, I think he means for us to tell him OUR genders, not the genders of our Pokemon or characters... xP

Anyway, I love fire types and I'm a girl, so that's what I voted.

I'm doing this for a statistics project and was wondering if you guys could help me out. Could you please post what type of starter pokemon (fire, water, grass) you tend to choose, as well as your gender? Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, if you're allowed to say, what do you predict the results will look like?

I'm really not too sure. My partner and I were thinking that girls would have a different preference from the boys, and that there might be an overall trend, but only a survey of players will tell us!! :)

Just out of curiosity, if you're allowed to say, what do you predict the results will look like?

I'm male and show equal preference for Grass and Water starters, though I chose Grass for the poll's purposes.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom