• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starters Discussion/Speculation

I guess if Quaxly is becoming a pirate it could get a hook as the weapon? Not sure if it could be considered as a weapon though.

I see some people want a Fire/Dragon type.

Problem is, that its never gonna happen as a permanent typing due to Dragon resisting the starter types and Fire resisting Ice and Fairy. Fire/Dragon is only weak to Rock, Ground and Dragon.

This means with a Fire/Dragon starter, it basically forces the other starters to be Rock and Ground type in order to have a fighting chance against the Fire/Dragon starter.

Sure, you can make the argument: But you get it later in the game. This is still a problem though, since it forces the player to need a Ground or Rock type on their teams in order to even have a fighting chance against the Fire/Dragon type.

I also don't think Fuecoco will become part Ghost, as we just got Typhlosion in the latest release with that typing (And yes, while we got Fire/Fighting in back-to-back generations, we didn't get them in back-to-back games).

So far, i think Ground or Poison is the most likely for Fuecoco, considering Peppers can be poisonous.

I've been thinking about this for over a day now, but considering Fuecoco is a chili pepper what if the starters will be:

Fire/Grass (Pepper)
Water/Fire (Pirate)
Grass/Water (???)
I saw something similar on r/PokeLeaks, and they reasoned there that Iberian Lynx can swim well so Grass/Water. Lol It’s in the realm of possibility for sure, and anything’s possible.

I saw something similar on r/PokeLeaks, and they reasoned there that Iberian Lynx can swim well so Grass/Water. Lol It’s in the realm of possibility for sure, and anything’s possible.
The Iberian lynx idea still makes sense. But wonder what plant it would be themed on though. It would probably have to be an aquatic plant of some kind. Maybe water lillies or cattails?

I don't see the problem with Pokemon being bipedal humanoids. You can have a Pokémon that stands on two legs and still be a monster. Look at Blaziken. It's a bipedal humanoid Pokemon, but no one complains about that.

I don't see the problem with Pokemon being bipedal humanoids. You can have a Pokémon that stands on two legs and still be a monster. Look at Blaziken. It's a bipedal humanoid Pokemon, but no one complains about that.
It's less the fear of a general Bipedal Humanoid and more of a fear of it becoming a Bipedal Humanoid ala Inceneroar and to an extent Delphox where its too human or too masculine/feminine

It's less the fear of a general Bipedal Humanoid and more of a fear of it becoming a Bipedal Humanoid ala Inceneroar and to an extent Delphox where its too human or too masculine/feminine
I see. I was not bothered by Inciniroar being bidedal. For me, as long as it still looks a monster and not just a human with clothing or a fur suit on, I am ok with it being bipedal.

The Iberian lynx idea still makes sense. But wonder what plant it would be themed on though. It would probably have to be an aquatic plant of some kind. Maybe water lillies or cattails?
I've seen it suggested that it could become a dandelion- referencing the lion on the Spanish coat of arms.

Blaziken was one of the first humanoid starters, and it's not nearly as human as later starters all became, so I think it gets forgiven on that account? (I've never liked it, personally.)

The issue is largely that all starters for generations now have been overly humanoid. The fact that we can associate every single one of them since Gen 5 with a human profession is problematic in that it takes away the whole monster aspect that we haven't seen in starter line in a very very very very long time.

I see. I was not bothered by Inciniroar being bidedal. For me, as long as it still looks a monster and not just a human with clothing or a fur suit on, I am ok with it being bipedal.
XD Incineroar doesn't look like a furry?

The issue is largely that all starters for generations now have been overly humanoid. The fact that we can associate every single one of them since Gen 5 with a human profession is problematic in that it takes away the whole monster aspect that we haven't seen in starter line in a very very very very long time.
Emboar was even based off a specific historical/literary figure.

Does "wizard" really count as a "human profession?"

What's wrong with that? Most if not all fighting types also do body building. We saw it in the anime.
The overly humanoid aspect of it? Like I said, all of the starters have had this problem for generations now, and Incineroar is just the absolute worst case.

Does "wizard" really count as a "human profession?"
Well it's not an occupation a fox would have. =P

I feel like i would be fine with Sprigatito going 2 feet if its more like Delphox where only the first evo is on four legs. As opposed to Inceneroar where it just suddenly stands on two legs and grows massively in size for no reason. That and, like said before, it doesn't look too humanoid or too masculine/feminine. I've seen some good takes on a bipedal final evo where it works.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom