• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• ME begins a second journey around Sinnoh. Watch here as he follows a famous Professor around.

Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters

El_

Reaction score
^ That looks like it's based off the idea that the starters will be represented by mainstays of British culture:
Musical (likely rock) theme for Grookey
Soccer or Football theme for Scorbunny
Drama theater theme for Sobble like the artist inspiration above.

Only thing I wonder about that, is how does it tie into what's been confirmed for Galar's theme: The Strongest Pokemon? Its been confirmed that the starters themselves would tie into this theme, I'm guessing similarly to how Sinnoh's starters tied into mythology, Unova's into multiculturalism, and Kalos's as a RPG set for their respective regions.

Reaction score
A new leak(?) is out.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not a fan. Especially of Scorbunny's final evo, it looks like shit. Also, I could be mistaken, but are TWO of the final evos taking a dandy theme according to that? :lapras:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think he knows how to make Pokémon, but not quite right. These fall into a weird form of uncanny valley.

King of Planet Panthera
Reaction score

Would be a 10/10 design for me if those arms were less pumped up.
Oh wow, for a buff monkey, he really looks pretty cool. Its even more appealing with the leaf hair he has. Its not some boring gorilla, but has personality. The headphones and drumsticks fit nicely too, and go well with the commonly speculated music theme he supposedly has.

Reaction score
This gen would be great if all three final evolutions of the starters ended up as good as in Pokemon X and Y. First time for me in a Pokemon game where all three turned pickable.

I hate it when they turn out ugly, like Incineroar.

Grookey looks like it has the highest potential to turn out ugly so far. Only hope Scorbunny and Sobble turn out good.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Doubt it'll happen, but I hope Scorbunny remains pure fire when it fully evolves. We've only had Cyndaquil remain pure fire and I think it's time for another one.

beep BOOP bop BEEP boop boop BOB
Reaction score
Scorbunny and Sobble are actually tied in the polls! My little flame bunny is catching up :bulbaLove:

Reaction score
Really not a fan of all these Grookey evos. I honestly don't think we're getting some super buff hyper-masculine looking final form. It's more likely that it's going to go the feminine route ala Delphox and Primarina IMO, and it's disappointing to see literally no decent fan concepts of such out there. The more I look at Grookey, the more I see a subtle feminine touch, much like Fennekin, Popplio, and even Snivy had, and I predicted all three of those going "girly" in their evolutions, and that's exactly how they ended up. I could of course be wrong this time, but I do think a more elegant design for Grookey's final stage would be a much fresher and more creative concept than these generic big gorillas.

Also, please don't let it end up Grass/Fighting or Grass/Ground. We already have Chesnaught and Torterra. I'm gunning for Grass/Rock personally, but I wouldn't mind anything else that hasn't already been done.

A Pokémon Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's actually my hope as well... Not many people agree, however.
The problem is we already have enough amount of fully evolved pure Fire-type pokémon now. It should be ten or something. Why not give a chance to uncommon or nonexistent type combinations and make new pokémon more useful for options?

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score

This final evolution of Sobble, is the first time I feel disappointed that a fake isn't an official Pokémon. It's surprisingly good.

I am not a fan of the bunny and gorilla evolutions, though.

Last edited: