• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
No thanks on the pelt. I want Mega-Feraligator to be the most horrific Pokemon in the Pokemon world. Give him a legit “I will kill you, your family and your dog” kind of look. I don’t want any kind of “cuteness” whatsoever. Make him death incarnate, even if the stats don’t back it up. GF mucked up Charizard’s mega’s(he could have turned into the baddest Pokémon of all time had they done things right), correct the mistake with Feraligator. Give me my Destroyer of Worlds.

I want a white crocodile water/dragon oposite to charizard x.

I think scorbunny 3 stage will surpass greninja speed. Grookey probably a little faster then blaziken. Sooble final evo could be fast like charizard.

Interesting if they will try to use a new or old ability with the Chameleon starter?
maybe we all are wrong and it will get lIlusion like Zoroark(would be suited for a water/ghost, water/psychic, water/poison pokemon) or a new ability Invisible making it really invisible on start of battle that you don't know what you are battling till you hit it with 50% chance of hitting every turn?
Then a few (2-3) others with this ability and you would need to gues what of them you are battling. Bad news chameleons are normally slow but this is pokemon they may amaze us.

Last edited:
I dunno if this is the right place to put this (I only backread the past couple pages, sorry!), but I enjoy speculating on what shiny colorations for new Pokemon will look like, so here's a couple I drew up! (its easier for me to just draw some simple lineart and change the colors than it is for me to manipulate the official art)

The first two images are more along the lines of speculation + a little bit of playing around with some weirder ideas, and then the third image is what I'd personally really love to see for the shinies, but don't think is necessarily likely. (The fourth image is just there for comparison.)

I really love the idea of getting another shiny Fire starter with blue accents/flames, since the only one we've had previously is Emboar (who I still think has maybe the coolest shiny of any fire starter evolution, its Emboar's biggest saving grace for me).

Attachments

• galarStarters_shinyIdeas1.png
    galarStarters_shinyIdeas1.png
    526.9 KB · Views: 43
  • galarStarters_shinyIdeas2.png
    galarStarters_shinyIdeas2.png
    514.5 KB · Views: 40
  • galarStarters_shinyIdeas3.png
    galarStarters_shinyIdeas3.png
    522.2 KB · Views: 44
  • galarStarters.png
    galarStarters.png
    511.3 KB · Views: 35
Serperior was noble, Chesnaught had shield, decidueye arrow, maybe. They follow now a Robin hood knight motive? That would mean grookey maybe little john with battle stick? Could also be in futurr that we may get sword or hammer with other grass starters.

Serperior was noble, Chesnaught had shield, decidueye arrow, maybe. They follow now a Robin hood knight motive? That would mean grookey maybe little john with battle stick? Could also be in futurr that we may get sword or hammer with other grass starters.
Actually, Serperior is based of French nobility if I recall correctly, and shields doesn't have anything to do with the Robin Hood stories as far as I know.

Actually, Serperior is based of French nobility if I recall correctly, and shields doesn't have anything to do with the Robin Hood stories as far as I know.
Wrote robin hood and knight. Medieval times... Yes they used shields too.

1-What do you mean by the first part?
2-Again, what does shields have to do with Robin Hood, again?
What did his men and his oponents used? Notice that decidueye was a archer. Maybe grookey will be little john? One is sure wood hammer and drain punch combo, bone club and maybe a nee multi hit grass move?

What did his men and his oponents used? Notice that decidueye was a archer. Maybe grookey will be little john? One is sure wood hammer and drain punch combo, bone club and maybe a nee multi hit grass move?
You know that what you describe doesn't just describe Robin Hood but a generic fantasy setting, right?

I could definitely see Grookey evolving to wield a hammer/mallet or a bo staff/eskrima sticks. The former would fit in with the sports theme (I’m thinking cricket,) while the latter could fit in with the music theme (conductor’s baton or drumsticks.)

It would also fit in with a somewhat recent trend of giving Grass Starters actual weapons with which to fight. Sceptile’s arm leaves become swords/blades (hence its former signature move: Leaf Blade,) Chesnaught has shields, and Decidueye has the bow and arrow.

Staff may be. But I feel those confidential materials could be true. Hope that the realy create a invisibility ability for chameleon(aquaelon) and other pokemon... Really should be done for bugs, ghosts to decive oponent the first turn and avoid a hit even.

Let me preface by stating that I’m not an artist AT ALL. I used a pencil and cheap color pencils from a 12pack box so the colors aren’t quite the right shade. I hate coloring (as you can see in the drawing). But yeah.. I made this concept art.
GROOKILLA!!!
Zoom in the image for more details.
So my idea is p much a Dark type evolution for Grookey based on Death Metal, Punks, Thorns, Spikes, Drummers, and Gorillas. Specifically the giant extinct Gigantopithecus. I wanted to make it much taller and heavier but I had to compare it to other starters and they all seem to be on the smaller side. Maybe I’ll change it to 6’8” and 285lb.??? Idk.
I used Slaking, Incineroar, Chesnaught, Grookey, Pangoro for reference. I wanted to draw the drumsticks on its back but I couldn’t quite get the angle right so I just did it in the tiny back sketch. Idk how the whole ape vs chimp thing works but it’s gonna keep its tail anyway. Pokémon doesn’t really go by the rules. Also I know its name would never be allowed in a Pokémon game.
As for its personality they are pranksters that like to scare their friends for fun. They also love creating music. They can get serious when it comes to defending their pack and trainers. When they’re serious they are terrifying and aggressive.
Its signature attack is a physical sound based move. I don’t think any of those exist so I just made one up. The force of its screams is so strong that it physically thrashes the target. It also learns other sound based moves but they serve no use for it since its special attack is so low.
The idea is not unique to me. I know many ppl have had this concept in mind but I have yet to see any art of this. I also know the stats and moves learned are not realistic at all so this is much more of a fantasy thing haha. And yes I know its tail looks like poop I should have placed it higher hahaha.

View attachment 117339

Let me preface by stating that I’m not an artist AT ALL. I used a pencil and cheap color pencils from a 12pack box so the colors aren’t quite the right shade. I hate coloring (as you can see in the drawing). But yeah.. I made this concept art.
GROOKILLA!!!
Zoom in the image for more details.
So my idea is p much a Dark type evolution for Grookey based on Death Metal, Punks, Thorns, Spikes, Drummers, and Gorillas. Specifically the giant extinct Gigantopithecus. I wanted to make it much taller and heavier but I had to compare it to other starters and they all seem to be on the smaller side. Maybe I’ll change it to 6’8” and 285lb.??? Idk.
I used Slaking, Incineroar, Chesnaught, Grookey, Pangoro for reference. I wanted to draw the drumsticks on its back but I couldn’t quite get the angle right so I just did it in the tiny back sketch. Idk how the whole ape vs chimp thing works but it’s gonna keep its tail anyway. Pokémon doesn’t really go by the rules. Also I know its name would never be allowed in a Pokémon game.
As for its personality they are pranksters that like to scare their friends for fun. They also love creating music. They can get serious when it comes to defending their pack and trainers. When they’re serious they are terrifying and aggressive.
Its signature attack is a physical sound based move. I don’t think any of those exist so I just made one up. The force of its screams is so strong that it physically thrashes the target. It also learns other sound based moves but they serve no use for it since its special attack is so low.
The idea is not unique to me. I know many ppl have had this concept in mind but I have yet to see any art of this. I also know the stats and moves learned are not realistic at all so this is much more of a fantasy thing haha. And yes I know its tail looks like poop I should have placed it higher hahaha.

Cool concept, does it learn Leech Life though?

I guess it does but I gave it to him because Incineroar learns it. I looked at other Pokémon for move ideas.
Yeah, but I don't see a gorilla sucking the blood out of its opponents ("Suck Blood" is Leech Life's Japanese name). At least in a tiger it makes sense, although it caused one of the biggest accidental innuendos I have seen in my life.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom